[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting things your Dog/ Pet has eaten

whomper

I am in charge of scooping after my 2 dogs..I have seen an array of interesting things ranging from crayons to doll heads..Today I noticed my one dog having some trouble out there..I go out to investigate and I notice shes having trouble passing something and its hanging there :D I do what any responsible pet owner would do..I call my wife and ask her to pull this thing out of the dogs ass..When she declined I went in :D She ate baby wipes that we use to clean the birds cage. Anyone familiar with baby wipes knows that when you pull one out of the container they stay connected to the next wipe..This theory holds true in the digestive system of a canine..I was pulling these out like the magician that pulls out the multi colored hankies..I finally got to the end..The dog gave me an embarrassed thank you and all is well..Anyone have any interesting "Things my pet ate" stories ?

Edited by whomper

Our black lab/bloodhound mix some years ago ate an entire bar of glycerin soap while we were out shopping.

She then proceeded to have diarrhea all over the rugs in the house. When I tried to clean it, it kept foaming and foaming. Took me three days to get it all out of the rug.

When my lab was younger and I thought the crate training days might be behind us, I tried to give her some additional freedom by putting her in the garage one day (no crate) while we were away. She was smart enough to identify the wall she would need to go through to get back into the house. When we got home, two layers of drywall and the insulation between were missing from a hole big enough for her to get through. She was sleeping in her crate when we got upstairs.

But, I've also learned to keep some rubber gloves nearby for the assisted pooping moments.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

I have a redbone hound that will eat just about anything if the mood strikes him - I have come to believe he is half billy goat. He has eaten a chain collar, various cats, birds and rodents, frisbees, baseballs and other kid toys left on the lawn, a bike tire, a fertilizer spreader, the seat off the swing set, numerous blackberry canes and most of a grill cover. :D

My lab will retreive anything she can drag, Gunnar will eat anything that strikes his fancy. :D

I am in charge of scooping after my 2 dogs..I have seen an array of interesting things ranging from crayons to doll heads..Today I noticed my one dog having some trouble out there..I go out to investigate and I notice shes having trouble passing something and its hanging there :wacko: I do what any responsible pet owner would do..I call my wife and ask her to pull this thing out of the dogs ass..When she declined I went in :D She ate baby wipes that we use to clean the birds cage. Anyone familiar with baby wipes knows that when you pull one out of the container they stay connected to the next wipe..This theory holds true in the digestive system of a canine..I was pulling these out like the magician that pulls out the multi colored hankies..I finally got to the end..The dog gave me an embarrassed thank you and all is well..Anyone have any interesting "Things my pet ate" stories ?

:D

A friend of mine had a dog that ate a golf ball and the dog wasn't able to pass it, so they took the dog to the vet and had to do surgery to get the ball out

Drywall, plaster that "fixed" the drywall, stair railings and sandals.

He's eaten some type of string a few times (he likes to play/eat towels and tears them apart), and as he was pooping a piece of his poop was dangling on one of the aforementioned strings halfway between his butt and the grass. He didn't know if he was done or not so he started doing some form of rain dance in the hopes of "pulling the ripcord". Dam near pissed myself.

My kids occasionally play with these super stretchy 'sticky' toys that you can throw and they'll stick to the wall. I was playing with out cat and she lept up, and swallowed it whole. It happened so quick there was nothing I could do to stop it. Kept an eye on the litter box for a couple of days. Didn't really see it so I'm not sure what the hell happened to it.

My Golden when I was a kid ate:

Two remote controls

The thermostat of the wall

A book on dog obdience from the library (no joke)

and the topper, he bit in half a razor blade and swallowed it, X-rays to prove it. He then passed the razor.

My father in law was watching our dog once. He had him locked in the back patio. My dog was either bored, or hungry, and decided to eat the painted floor. Yep, found a loose spot, tore it up, and ate it. Swear to God that dogged pooped grey for 3 days. And I'm not talking slightly grey, his crap was as grey as a cinder block.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

we gave our dog one of those big ass bones and she loved it and just tore it up.....

well when i was walking her one day her crap looked an odd color so took a stick and poked it and POOF it all crumbled like powder

she ate so much of the marrow that she was crapping it out for like 3 days before her stuff wasnt powder like anymore...fwiw the dog is a min pin and the bone was one of those mongo cow femurs or whatever

When i was a kid we had a black lab that was a great hunter. One winter he had a particularly good time hunting rabbits. In the spring, when the snow melted, there must have been at least 30 rabbits in the yard. He was running around in circles like it was Christmas. Not really a story about eating something but still pretty funny.

My yellow lab ate a whole chicken we were defrosting in the sink. It was vacuum packed in plastic. The vet told me to watch his bowel movements and make sure everything was okay. The next day I had easy poop duty. It came out vacuum packed in plastic.

We used to live on the beach and my yellow lab ate a jellyfish that had washed up. Needless to say she was not very happy for awhile, but no harm done.

On another occasion, we made the foolish mistake of buying a rope bone for her to play with. As any good lab will do, she destroyed it. I was pulling strings out of her ass for the good part of a week.

The joys of dog ownership...

Good post Whomp!

Our first dog, Cissy, ate a rabbit, unbeknown to us. That day we had a 5th or 6th birthday party for my daughter. After all the little girls got there in their pretty dresses and all, Cissy decided to :D up the rabbit in front of them all!

Our second dog, Hershey (120# Lab) ate a lot of strange stuff. The funniest was when he ate a chicken carcass wrapped in tin foil. For the next week his poop was shinning in the sun making it real easy to find. He also ate a pound of fudge, which could kill most dogs. It didn't phase him a bit.

I am in charge of scooping after my 2 dogs..I have seen an array of interesting things ranging from crayons to doll heads..Today I noticed my one dog having some trouble out there..I go out to investigate and I notice shes having trouble passing something and its hanging there :wacko: I do what any responsible pet owner would do..I call my wife and ask her to pull this thing out of the dogs ass..When she declined I went in :D She ate baby wipes that we use to clean the birds cage. Anyone familiar with baby wipes knows that when you pull one out of the container they stay connected to the next wipe..This theory holds true in the digestive system of a canine..I was pulling these out like the magician that pulls out the multi colored hankies..I finally got to the end..The dog gave me an embarrassed thank you and all is well..Anyone have any interesting "Things my pet ate" stories ?

:D:wacko::wacko:

In addition to the socks, ropes, gunny bears, etc. my dog has an affinity for my children's bodily excretions.

My oldest son had an issue where he would do projectile vomiting... picture The Exorcist without the head spinning. Nasty stuff, I had no clue how a person so small could create so much vomit. Well, my dog would lap that stuff up like there was no tomorrow. He get to the point where he would recognize the low gag sound that would come before the fireworks where aboutto begin and he would come running with that big ole tail wagging, and nine times out of ten would end up with a big spray of semi digested milk all over his head.... much to his delight.

THen, the topper... we are potty training. My son says he has to poop. Tries to go and nothing. Minute or so later the dog is lapping something up off the ground. My wife doesn't see what it is, but my son says he pooped. WIfe looks at him, says did you really... he says yes and then she starts gagging realizing what the dog has just eaten....... Time for lunch......

Our dogs have eaten just about everything; landscaping material which is similar to Whomps baby wipes, a treadmill and all the wiring, dolls, a couch, through the drywall the insullation and to the siding, an elliptical machine, parts of the wood fence, electrical cords ( none were plugged in) shoes etc... Thank God they are no longer puppiesa and the chewing has slowed down!

Good post Whomp!

Our first dog, Cissy, ate a rabbit, unbeknown to us. That day we had a 5th or 6th birthday party for my daughter. After all the little girls got there in their pretty dresses and all, Cissy decided to :D up the rabbit in front of them all!

:D