[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ to be shutdown?

ROYALWITCHEESE

Larry Johnson - RB - Chiefs

Sources close to Larry Johnson indicate that the Chiefs and their star runner are expecting to shut Johnson down for the season.

The decision was apparently made before the results of a Monday MRI are revealed. While the news may not officially announced right away, the team and Johnson were looking at a best case scenario in which Johnson would return for a few meaningless games. L.J's rivalry with Priest Holmes was playing a factor in Johnson's desire to return, but that's not enough to risk jeopardizing his career. Johnson owners can wait to hear confirmation, but don't expect him to help your fantasy squads again. Nov. 19 - 4:55 p.m. ET

I think they should, they might as well. Priest is doing just as well as LJ. Why risk the ME FIRST guy, as you call him, when you're not trying to win anyway. The Chiefs FO did the same thing with Priest and his injury. I think Herm should try and win the AFC West so we can go to IND and use the same game plan from yesterday, I mean......we only losty by a FG with a 2nd year QB :D

Next time post the source of your info, it might might make it more credible.

Everything was fishy about this injury from day one. Colorado news reports he's out for the year with a broken foot and the Chiefs say they don't know of a broken bone. Now they say they did know, but the MRI was inconclusive because of the swelling.

Well sure it was but leaks like this are sometimes true and sometimes wrong. Being secretive doesn't make the rumors real. They may well turn out to be true but we'll have to wait until LJ or the team say so.

Roto repeating the same story does not make it more any more real. It's the same story bouncing off different outlets.

Well sure it was but leaks like this are sometimes true and sometimes wrong. Being secretive doesn't make the rumors real. They may well turn out to be true but we'll have to wait until LJ or the team say so.

Roto repeating the same story does not make it more any more real. It's the same story bouncing off different outlets.

I realize that...I was just trying to give you guys something in writing since the OP didn't post a link.

We'll find out soon. Supposedly an announcement was going to be made today.

I realize that...I was just trying to give you guys something in writing since the OP didn't post a link.

We'll find out soon. Supposedly an announcement was going to be made today.

OK. Thanks.

It's not waiver time so knowing today isn't really important. Those with LJ know what could be coming.

Local talk radio made a big deal out of this a couple of weeks ago. The Chiefs organization typically doesn't like to be scooped for a story. They want to be in control, or give appearances that they are in control, of all aspects related to the Chiefs.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is tied to Carl Peterson's ego. And with LJ, he had what he would consider his second greatest draft pick. (behind Derrick Thomas) So everything related to Johnson is something that Carl wants to control.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs actually milk this for another month or so and Carl will come out with a statement on his own to let us all know the decision.

Where did you get this quote? Also, does LJ really have a rivalry with Priest or is that media crap? If anything, he should have a beef with Vermeil. He's the moron who refused to let LJ play.

:D

That may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards....and that is saying quite alot.

Priest was the ultimate professional and team player...not to mention setting the NFL record for TDs while whiny LJ pleaded "woe is me".

LJ needed to grow up, and Vermeil was right in letting him rot on the pine until he was ripe.

From a fantasy perspective owning both Priest and LJ I am not to dissapointed with the news . If he came back shaky and they split it would be a RBBC joke..He is too good to risk further injury..

I'm hoping that somehow Kolby Smith finds himself in the main RB role at some point.

From a fantasy perspective owning both Priest and LJ I am not to dissapointed with the news .

Me either, but at the beginning of the season I never thought I'd be relying on Priest Holmes as a source of RB points in week 12. NEVER!! :D

So what are you guys doing...holding on to him until Peterson comes out and confirms it or are you dropping him now? There are some guys on the WW I'd like to pick up for the playoff run and I'd like to drop him if he's done for the year.

the big question is, can 34 year old Priest carry the load the rest of the way out, week in and week out....or do they start the RBBC with Kolby Smith... ? i need to grab one RB, and options are Holmes or Ron Dayne....rumor has Green going on IR in Houston...if thats the case, i think that for rest of season, Dayne would have more upside than Priest??

So what are you guys doing...holding on to him until Peterson comes out and confirms it or are you dropping him now? There are some guys on the WW I'd like to pick up for the playoff run and I'd like to drop him if he's done for the year.

I'm holding for now.