[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who listens to Public Radio?

MikesVikes

Those guys need to lighten up abit or get laid more often for my liking. I've been listening to it at work when my other radio station doesn't come in. We have bad reception. Since I'm the only one if the office at the moment, I'm listening to a local sports station instead.

NPR and BBC are two news sources I like. But I don't care for most of their "talk" shows. I also dig listener supported KEXP out of Seattle. Lots of great music, from all genres, that simply get no play on Clear Channel stations.

Edited by yo mama

NPR and BBC are two news sources I like. But I don't care for most of their "talk" shows. I also dig listener supported KEXP out of Seattle. Lots of great music, from all genres, that simply get no play on Clear Channel stations.

I like the news, and "Left, Right and Center" which is actually very good, especially when Arianna Huffington is absent while shillling a book.

NPR Morning Edition on the way into work

NPR Marketplace or All Things Considered on the way home from work

On the weekends if I'm in my car I tune into Marketplace Money, Car Talk, or Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

NPR is just about all I listen to.

I rarely listen to NPR. Some of the programming is ok, but I'd rather listen to NFL Radio, or my local or Dallas AM stations. I know NPR doesn't cost the tax payers much, but I'd like to see it abolished on principle. If the programming is good enough, then they will get the commercial sponsors, if not, then we don't need it. I feel the same way about TV as well.

I do sometimes. There are times when I like to listen to some calming classical music, and I also enjoy listening to Prairie Home Companion on Saturday evenings now and then. I have to admit though, I cannot stand the pretentious monotone elite half-whisper that is used by every single person who gets air time. What is that?

I rarely listen to NPR. Some of the programming is ok, but I'd rather listen to NFL Radio, or my local or Dallas AM stations. I know NPR doesn't cost the tax payers much, but I'd like to see it abolished on principle. If the programming is good enough, then they will get the commercial sponsors, if not, then we don't need it. I feel the same way about TV as well.

I'd like to see the next pre-emptive war from a retarded republican lunatic be fan-supported. Go ahead and chip in a few bucks to force democracy on a bunch of theocrats.

Unfortunately, we don't pick and choose what we like our tax dollars to pay for. I would have saved a lot more money than you.

Yeah, a lot of NPR. Get the bulk of my news from it. BBC is usually a bit dry for my tastes, and I find their combatitive style of interviewing to be a little too self-important. I listen to the Diane Rehm show every chance I get (unless she is doing a book club.) She always hass good guests and represents both sides of issues. You just have to be able to get past her voice. I also enjoy marketplace and Fresh Air.

Wait, don;t tell me has it's moments, but I'm still convinced that you need a lithium prescription to listen to a prarie home companion.

Edited by billay

I listen to Public radio often. Saturday mornings are my favorite with Car Talk and the What do you know show with Michael Feldman. Jazz nightly is a South Dakota Public Radio thing and I enjoy that while farming for friends. It is usually 7:30 to 11:00 pm. I will often listen to this even if I have XM with me in the tractor or combine

Afternoons are nice to listen to if I don't have access to XM.

I listen to Public radio often. Saturday mornings are my favorite with Car Talk and the What do you know show with Michael Feldman. Jazz nightly is a South Dakota Public Radio thing and I enjoy that while farming for friends. It is usually 7:30 to 11:00 pm. I will often listen to this even if I have XM with me in the tractor or combine

Afternoons are nice to listen to if I don't have access to XM.

When I have occasion to be driving at noon on Saturday - I do find myself enjoying Car Talk.

I am not a gear-head or anything. I just feel they are entertaining as all heck, and really smart carwise.

I find NPR massively ghey. However, I do like a lot of PBS's programming (NOVA, Wild Kingdom, Wild America, etc.).

I agree with Savage that tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund government media/entertainment. It's not like we don't have a massive excess in the private sector and that the government is providing a service that can't be found elsewhere.

I find NPR massively ghey. However, I do like a lot of PBS's programming (NOVA, Wild Kingdom, Wild America, etc.).

I agree with Savage that tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund government media/entertainment. It's not like we don't have a massive excess in the private sector and that the government is providing a service that can't be found elsewhere.

Luckily, nobody was expecting you to have something positive to say.

i listen to the local jazz and classical stations all the time, both of which are "listener supported". neither has much of the NPR talking head stuff on much these days, for which i am grateful. not that the news programming is bad, per se, it's just not why i tune into those stations.

That pretty much sums it up for me. We have a great local jazz station here WNCU that plays great music. At the top of the hour, they break in with NPR which is fine with me. Enough news to catch me up. However, if I'm driving home around 6pm, I switch the the classical because the jazz station plays NPR news.

My wife subscribes to some NPR podcasts like This American Life and I tend to enjoy them from time to time. We often play them on road trips. The good thing about the podcasts is when whatever the hell is name is starts droning on about something lame, you can just switch to another story.