[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who else misses golf?

HowboutthemCowboys

I've been playing golf for quite a while, but I'm not the greatest. I've always had pretty crappy clubs though, last year I picked up the crappy shoes from spammers Sumo driver and Saturday I picked up these - http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/...oductId=2126234

went to my local Dick's and they were $100 cheaper than on the website. Anyone have any good/bad things to say about Adam's clubs? Never used them myself. I can't hit a 3 or 4 iron for crap; I don't even carry them in my bag so this set with the 3 and 4 hybrid should be right up my alley.

Can't wait for the snow to melt. :wacko:

I've been playing golf for quite a while, but I'm not the greatest. I've always had pretty crappy clubs though, last year I picked up the crappy shoes from spammers Sumo driver and Saturday I picked up these - http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/...oductId=2126234

went to my local Dick's and they were $100 cheaper than on the website. Anyone have any good/bad things to say about Adam's clubs? Never used them myself. I can't hit a 3 or 4 iron for crap; I don't even carry them in my bag so this set with the 3 and 4 hybrid should be right up my alley.

Can't wait for the snow to melt. :D

Not into golf much. However, I wanted to say that you're damn lucky to have white stuff on the ground. We've had practically nothing here in this part of New Jersey. And on top of that it's supposed to get warmer this week and rain. :wacko:

Not into golf much. However, I wanted to say that you're damn lucky to have white stuff on the ground. We've had practically nothing here in this part of New Jersey. And on top of that it's supposed to get warmer this week and rain. :wacko:

it's patchy here. Not enough to sledride but it's way to cold for golf is what I should have said.

Book a trip, buddy. It doesn't have to be expensive. A quick trip into warmer climes is just the ticket to scratch that golf itch.

Yes indeed. I have two trips coming up but not until March. I can not wait.

About the Adams - I golf with a guy that is a 4. He bought those clubs for his kid this 14 years old. He came out to play one day but had his kids clubs, (the Adams), and not his, (Pings), and he played as well if not a little better with the Adams. He could not putt for chit but he was very impressed with the Adams clubs. I was also.

Book a trip, buddy. It doesn't have to be expensive. A quick trip into warmer climes is just the ticket to scratch that golf itch.

Come on down to San Diego. :wacko:

Yes indeed. I have two trips coming up but not until March. I can not wait.

About the Adams - I golf with a guy that is a 4. He bought those clubs for his kid this 14 years old. He came out to play one day but had his kids clubs, (the Adams), and not his, (Pings), and he played as well if not a little better with the Adams. He could not putt for chit but he was very impressed with the Adams clubs. I was also.

good to know Skip, thanks.

I can't putt either. :wacko:

I've never cared for the Adams product but I am in the minority. They get rave reviews and I hear their fairway woods and hybrids are great. You're smart for replacing the 3 and 4 with hybrids. I think this is going to be the trend for most golfers. Let us know how you hit 'em.

I've never cared for the Adams product but I am in the minority. They get rave reviews and I hear their fairway woods and hybrids are great. You're smart for replacing the 3 and 4 with hybrids. I think this is going to be the trend for most golfers. Let us know how you hit 'em.

They have a back room at Dick's here where they tape up the club face and you can hit into a net. On my 4th or 5th swing with the 3 hybrid, the ball went through a hole ( about the size of a volleyball) in the net, bounced off the wall and came back through the hole and missed my chin by about 2 inches at about 60 mph. I'm pretty sure if it woulda hit my jaw it woulda broke it. :wacko:

Other than that the clubs felt great. I'll let you know when the weather breaks.

Yeah, I miss it... haven't played in a week and a half because of all of this damn rain..... :wacko: Actually, even though I could probably play all year, I find myself going through the same cycle every year since moving to the Bay area. Play about 30-40 rounds between January and late August/early September, then no golf until after the first of the year. Not 100% football-related, though it does have an impact. My job also has an affect... just don't have enough time to play during the "peak" season at FedEx. Plus, there is just not as much daylight, so I can't leave work early and get in 18 holes unless I leave REALLY early. Don't play 9 holes very often unless I really have the itch to play....

Off to Phoenix, Tuscon and Palm Springs in two weeks to golf :wacko:

When I lived in the Bay Area, I worked 60 hours a week, so I could retire early, and never had time to play golf. Now I live in a place where I can only golf 6 months a year. I moved here to ski , as well as play golf, but the mountain is socked in most of the winter, I hardly ski. Today I went up to the mountain to ski, got out of the car, walked one step, and got back in the car and drove home. :D I hate skiing when you can't see a thing. I usually get a good clue when I see all of these cars driving back down the mountain at 10:00 AM as I'm driving up. The thing is there wasn't a cloud in the sky at my house, only 20 miles from the freakin resort!

Hubby just got the 19 degree Ping hybrid on Ebay for $75.00, used and in excellent condition. Played a round with it last year. I just got the 21 degree Taylormade hybrid off of Ebay for $50. I already own the 24 degree and really like it.

Off to Phoenix, Tuscon and Palm Springs in two weeks to golf :wacko:

When I lived in the Bay Area, I worked 60 hours a week, so I could retire early, and never had time to play golf. Now I live in a place where I can only golf 6 months a year. I moved here to ski , as well as play golf, but the mountain is socked in most of the winter, I hardly ski. Today I went up to the mountain to ski, got out of the car, walked one step, and got back in the car and drove home. :D I hate skiing when you can't see a thing. I usually get a good clue when I see all of these cars driving back down the mountain at 10:00 AM as I'm driving up. The thing is there wasn't a cloud in the sky at my house, only 20 miles from the freakin resort!

Hubby just got the 19 degree Ping hybrid on Ebay for $75.00, used and in excellent condition. Played a round with it last year. I just got the 21 degree Taylormade hybrid off of Ebay for $50. I already own the 24 degree and really like it.

You should move to Colorado. Milder weather in the foothills mean a longer golf season. Plus, you've got some of the worlds best skiing 1-3 hours drive away. Plus everyone has dogs. Everyone.