[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snowy day predicted in Chicagoland Wednesday

Wolverines Fan

Issued at: 4:08 PM CST 2/5/08, expires at: 12:15 AM CST 2/6/08

Winter storm warning now in effect until 6 pm cst Wednesday.

A storm system across the southern plains will lift northeast into the region. A mix of sleet and snow will change over to snow and become heavy at times, with the snow continuing into Wednesday afternoon. Storm total snow accumulations of a foot or more are possible by early Wednesday afternoon with the greater amounts closer to the Illinois/Wisconsin border (this is where I live :wacko: ), across north central and northeast Illinois including the rockford area extending east to the northern suburbs of chicago.

Total snowfall accumulations in the downtown chicago area of 6 to 9 inches are expected. In addition to the heavy snow, northeast winds will increase to 15 to 30 mph in the evening with gusts to 35 mph resulting in blowing and drifting snow and snow covered roads. Areas of reduced visibilities due to blowing snow are also likely. Snow will gradually diminish to light snow and flurries late wednesday afternoon.

Icy on the way to work. Everyone drove slowly, so I only saw one car in the ditch. We're supposed to get 3-5" during the day and another 3-5" tonight, but the nighttime accumulation keeps creeping up. :wacko: We had two snow days last week. I now have my class back where I need it. While a day off is a day off, sometimes it's easier to go to work.

80 degrees here in the Capital of the Confederacy. It's gonna shatter the record. Love me some global warming!!

I'm letting my other car run all day long today to encourage more of this.

70 + in NJ ..was possibly a "no shirt day when walking around" but too many rolls to contend with

It's been coming down fast and furious here. At 1pm ct, we've got 6-8 inches on the ground, and it's showing no signs of letting up. The roads are absolutely horrible. Some schools and businesses closed at noon.

Time to break out the shovel.

just started snowing in the city. i think milwaukee got and is getting pounded.

Yes we are. My daughter woke me up at about 4:30 this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I went out and shoveled the 2-3" we got overnight, thinking "ha, this is nothing - dumb weathermen!" By the time I left for work at 7-ish, we'd had another 2-3 inches; I'd say yet another 6 or so has fallen so far, and It doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon.

It's been coming down fast and furious here. At 1pm ct, we've got 6-8 inches on the ground, and it's showing no signs of letting up. The roads are absolutely horrible. Some schools and businesses closed at noon.

Time to break out the shovel.

When I left work it was very low visibility with hugh flakes. The highway was moving at about 40mph. It has slowed down now, but it looks to be a temporary slow down.

I'm so jealous as here in Jersey it's practically Summer time. Today the high was just about 70 degrees and all we've had is rain all winter. I want to be smashed with a major Nor-easter that dumps 2+ feet of snow on us. :wacko:

Last Thursday & Friday were much worse here in Chicago. Everything is so wet here that ,even though it snowed all day, nothing really stuck - might freeze up tonight though. What's really bad right now in Chicago is all the slush and 4feet deep puddles (usually at intersection/curb area where you cross the street).

Anyone have a bazooka???? The MF'n snow plow driver puts 5 tons of snow in my driveway on every pass!!!!! :wacko:

Yup, same thing happened to me, twice. :D Just got it cleared off, and he comes by again. And the snow is in big chunks, too. My back is officially sore from shoveling.

We got about a foot. It was so bad they canceled our mail delivery.

Irish, I hope you get your Nor' easter. Give us the 70 degree weather in exchange. :D

Edited by Wolverines Fan

We ended up with about a foot. Some places more, some less. No school today for the area. This is our fourth snow day of the year. :wacko: I had to get out the metal landscaping shovel to break up the ice chunks the plow left for me. :D

We ended up with about a foot. Some places more, some less. No school today for the area. This is our fourth snow day of the year. :wacko: I had to get out the metal landscaping shovel to break up the ice chunks the plow left for me. :D

I hate those things. Up in northern Wisconsin we didn't get any. :D I'm so tired of it now. We had 4 snow days by early december.