[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Politics

peepinmofo

Call me ignorant, or whatever else you want, but I dont understand how so many people can follow politics the way they do. Im reading some of the threads here about the elections, and I cant help but :wacko: when reading them. I just dont follow it the way some do, but the thing that sucks, is I dont know who stands for what, who wants to do what, and all that jibber jabber.

Ive never voted before, mainly because of what I just said - I simply dont know the difference between what all the candidates represent. Will I vote this year? I guess it really depends who the final candidates are, but since I dont know one from the other (other than the ho, the brother, and the whities), I cant justify my vote.

Last time around, I hated both Bush and whatever the other guys name was. Before that, I didnt like Bush or Gore.

If I DO end up voting, and I dont like any of the candidates, Ill vote for myself.

you are ignorant.

Sadly, this is true and is true of vast numbers of people too. It is this that allows government to gradually erode liberty and crappy candidates to achieve high office. What's the saying? All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing? The price of freedom is eternal vigilance? We get what we deserve.

Anyway, educate yourself. In the age of the innernets, there's no excuse. Google Obama for President, Huckabee for President, etc, etc. Then just read.

I think we owe it to ourselves to vote and still feel this is the greatest country in the world but i honestly dont research everyone in great detail because I truly feel these people are all full of chit, cliches and empty promises. During Bush state of the union the other night the republicans clap and stand for some points while the dems stay seated and vice versa. They looked like 7 year old girls at a birthday party.

Edited by whomper

Call me ignorant, or whatever else you want, but I dont understand how so many people can follow politics the way they do. Im reading some of the threads here about the elections, and I cant help but :wacko: when reading them. I just dont follow it the way some do, but the thing that sucks, is I dont know who stands for what, who wants to do what, and all that jibber jabber.

Ive never voted before, mainly because of what I just said - I simply dont know the difference between what all the candidates represent. Will I vote this year? I guess it really depends who the final candidates are, but since I dont know one from the other (other than the ho, the brother, and the whities), I cant justify my vote.

Last time around, I hated both Bush and whatever the other guys name was. Before that, I didnt like Bush or Gore.

If I DO end up voting, and I dont like any of the candidates, Ill vote for myself.

It is sad that you have such apathy about your country. It is sad that you take for granted what so many men and women literally gave their lives to provide you. I only hope that you are ignorant as ignorant people can learn while stupid people cannot. A good place to begin your education would be to study American history during the 1700s.

I think we owe it to ourselves to vote and still feel this is the greatest country in the world but i honestly dont research everyone in great detail because I truly feel these people are all full of chit, cliches and empty promises. During Bush state of the union the other night the republicans clap and stand for some points while the dems stay seated and vice versa. They looked like 7 year old girls at a birthday party.

This is also sadly true but at least by understanding the candidate positions as stated, you will know what you're voting FOR (or against, I guess). Whether the promises are kept after accession to office is an entirely different matter.

Cynicism about politicians is reaching a critical mass and some of them are actually taking some notice. I'm not totally despondent about politics as yet despite the blatant corruption. However, the only hope of redemption is an educated, involved and alert population, not a bunch of apathetic sheep.

Sadly, this is true and is true of vast numbers of people too. It is this that allows government to gradually erode liberty and crappy candidates to achieve high office. What's the saying? All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing? The price of freedom is eternal vigilance? We get what we deserve.

Anyway, educate yourself. In the age of the innernets, there's no excuse. Google Obama for President, Huckabee for President, etc, etc. Then just read.

It has nothing to do with education. It has to do with politics being boring as hell. I know how to Google, in fact, Im a better Googler than you. When was the last time there was a candidate that wasnt a jackhole? I couldnt stand the debates between Bush and Kerry, and had those two been the candidates again this year, I wouldnt have voted for either of them. I guess in the original post I shouldnt have said I dont know the basic differences, because I do. What I dont understand, is why the only people that ever run for president are people that just seem down right useless. So quit being a dick...

Exactly.

I will, when someone that I actually like decides to run. While I dont know EVERYTHING they stand for, I can definitely tell you I dont like certain people based on different things - like Bush and Kerry last time. They both were just complete idiots at the debates.

It is sad that you have such apathy about your country. It is sad that you take for granted what so many men and women literally gave their lives to provide you. I only hope that you are ignorant as ignorant people can learn while stupid people cannot. A good place to begin your education would be to study American history during the 1700s.

Apathy about my country? Are you kidding me? A simple vote has nothing to do with me having "apathy for my country". I love the country I live in, and Ill never move away. I love and appreciate every single person that has fought for the freedom of our country. Dont tell me I take shiiit for granted because you dont know me. Because someone doesnt like politics, or maybe just doesnt understand politics, doesnt mean they have apathy for their country.

Bottom line - Yeah maybe I should read more, maybe I should watch more TV. Maybe its all my fault I dont geek out on politics like you all. OR, maybe, just maybe, some people dont find it interesting enough to sit around all the time to read the most updated news on everyone. Will I read SOME? Sure. But Im not gonna read every little detail on every candidate. Up to this point, theres just too many of them to really know what every single one of them is all about. The point I was making is how some of you seem to know everything about everyone.

It has nothing to do with education. It has to do with politics being boring as hell.

If you don't participate, you can't complain. You deserve the rape you get from your government at all levels when this is your attitude.

I know how to Google, in fact, Im a better Googler than you. When was the last time there was a candidate that wasnt a jackhole?

How about now? Sen. Clinton, Sen. Obama, Sen. McCain, Gov. Huckabee are all interesting people with interesting ideas and really rock solid belief systems. This is nearly a once-in-a-half-century election, with no one from the sitting ticket running in the election. The first time since 1952. This is an exciting time to be an American and to be able to participate in the process. We have the potential to elect the first female president, the first black president, the first Vietnam vet/POW president, or someone who believes the Earth is 4,000 years old. This is exciting stuff!

I couldnt stand the debates between Bush and Kerry, and had those two been the candidates again this year, I wouldnt have voted for either of them. I guess in the original post I shouldnt have said I dont know the basic differences, because I do. What I dont understand, is why the only people that ever run for president are people that just seem down right useless. So quit being a dick...

Your attitude is the problem. Your ignorance is the problem. You don't want to hear it, but it's the truth.

I will, when someone that I actually like decides to run. While I dont know EVERYTHING they stand for, I can definitely tell you I dont like certain people based on different things - like Bush and Kerry last time. They both were just complete idiots at the debates.

Apathy about my country? Are you kidding me? A simple vote has nothing to do with me having "apathy for my country". I love the country I live in, and Ill never move away. I love and appreciate every single person that has fought for the freedom of our country. Dont tell me I take shiiit for granted because you dont know me. Because someone doesnt like politics, or maybe just doesnt understand politics, doesnt mean they have apathy for their country.

Um, yeah it does. I can't think of any other definition that could possibly apply to "apathy" for one's country other than someone who refuses to vote.

Bottom line - Yeah maybe I should read more, maybe I should watch more TV. Maybe its all my fault I dont geek out on politics like you all. OR, maybe, just maybe, some people dont find it interesting enough to sit around all the time to read the most updated news on everyone. Will I read SOME? Sure. But Im not gonna read every little detail on every candidate. Up to this point, theres just too many of them to really know what every single one of them is all about. The point I was making is how some of you seem to know everything about everyone.

Read the candidates web pages. All of the major candidates left have done really awesome jobs with clearly developing their position stances and making them available for public consumption. Saying it's too much for you to be uninformed says way more about you than it does about the process or American politics. Again, you probably don't want to hear it, but it's true.

Hey there Mr. Defensive, I believe you are the one who said you didn't vote. You are aware that many men and women took the time to die so you could have that privilege? I don't know you and perhaps I don't want to know you. However, I know that when someone can't be bothered to vote because he doesn't like politics, that person is taking the right to vote for granted. I wonder how someone in North Korea might view this whole, "politics sucks so I'm not going to vote" thing you have going on? Oh yea, that's right, they don't get to vote in North Korea. It really is okay for someone to be ignorant. It's sad when that person is content to remain such.

Hey there Mr. Defensive, I believe you are the one who said you didn't vote. You are aware that many men and women took the time to die so you could have that privilege? I don't know you and perhaps I don't want to know you. However, I know that when someone can't be bothered to vote because he doesn't like politics, that person is taking the right to vote for granted. I wonder how someone in North Korea might view this whole, "politics sucks so I'm not going to vote" thing you have going on? Oh yea, that's right, they don't get to vote in North Korea. It really is okay for someone to be ignorant. It's sad when that person is content to remain such.

:wacko: very well said

I know how to Google, in fact, Im a better Googler than you.

blah blah

So quit being a dick...

Leaving aside all the other defense of your benighted ignorance, clearly you aren't very good at Google at all as wasn't it you that said, in the first post, "I simply dont know the difference between what all the candidates represent."? Given that Google / the Internet provides you with virtually the entire sum of human knowledge at the click of a mouse, it's a bit rich to be calling ME a dick when you've so amply demonstrated your own dickness.

If you don't participate, you can't complain.

As George Carlin says:

" I don't vote, so I have MORE of a right to complain than those that do. After all, I'M not responsible for putting them in there. "

(this is humor and does not necessarily reflect my opinions. so all of you wound-tight political sombitches lay off)

wow ...i am truly surprised peep

voting is super important as is knowing the facts , qualities of each candaidate and where they stand on each issue

its your future , your children's future , etc .... pretty serious stuff

What can I say... the older you get, the wiser. While Ive always known this to be true, I see it now more than before, which is exactly why we are all having this discussion. Im educating myself. :wacko:

let me help. mccain, obama, clinton. maybe huckabee. that should narrow it down.

I know. Ive done a little research, and will continue to pay attention. I really hope people dont get the wrong impression of me just because I said I hdnt voted before. That doesnt make an evil person ya know...

There was a fantastic South Park episode in which the school kids had to choose a new mascot. They were upset that they had to give up the old mascot, the Cows, so they conspired to make the contest a two-mascot race.......the only choices available were a "Douch-bag" or a "Pile-O-Crap".

Biting political satire at its finest.

However, I am always of the belief that you should vote for someone. They may not win, but you will feel good that you participated in the election process, and that DOES give you the right to complain about government. It's the right thing to do.

Now, if we can just get rid of that damned electoral college thing. :wacko: