[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ruths Chris

Hat Trick

I don't think I've seen a jacket req. in a restaurant in many years. Bar the Cruise Ship formal night. Even "business casual" places allow shirts (w/ collar, tie not req.) slacks, and most shoes except sandals (sorry darin) and gym shoes. I've been to Ruth's Chris in Atlanta and Vegas, wore a nice shirt and slacks, no problem. Understand also, I always abhorred ties, and now truly can't wear one since my neck surgery. Even at weddings I have to wear a nice crew shirt w/ the suit/sport coat. Ok....true ex-college prof! :wacko:

A decent "dress" shirt and some decent pants and shoes should get you by. (Quality speaks volumes. ) I'd probably throw on a jacket, but I woudn't feel underdressed if i didn't.

You really can't go wrong with a suit, but I wouldn't put one on just because I was going to that restaurant.

A decent "dress" shirt and some decent pants and shoes should get you by. (Quality speaks volumes. ) I'd probably throw on a jacket, but I woudn't feel underdressed if i didn't.

You really can't go wrong with a suit, but I wouldn't put one on just because I was going to that restaurant.

In Kansas City you can get away with nice jeans and nice button down shirt.

Heck, I've seen people wearing sweats and ball caps in there before.

Same here in Pittsburgh.

I AM a sage! :wacko:

+1 but a suit wouldn't be over the top. My son wore his Marines blues there once.

Like someone said, make sure your wallet is well stuffed. My biggest bill there came to well over $250. Great food though.

+1 I'd rather be overdressed than under dressed. But at Ruth's Chris you can easily get a way with nice jeans and button shirt. If it were me I'd dress it up more (slacks or suit) depending on the occasion or company.

Edited by yo mama

I've seen people wearing jeans at ours (Jim Edmonds). I would just toss on some black wool slacks and a nice shirt.

I think a suit would be too much.

ETA: I spent $500+ on three people there not too long ago but that was with some decent wine. Probably $275 in wine.

Edited by twiley

You can wear what ever you want, I prefer Morton's

Hey, wear the suit. I know that many of us on this forum have to dress for success, but so many people today do not. I find it very frustrating and try to look good whenever the opportunity presents itself. Now dressing up for the local sports bar or olive garden another topic. A nice place for a nice night out, special occasion, etc, try to look your best.

I personally like being as comfortable as possible when I go out to eat, especially when it involves a larger meal. That said, I wouldn't be comfortable eating in a suit.... :wacko: I think a nice pair of slacks and shirt would be perfect. But hey, if you want to wear the suit, go for it!

Same here in Pittsburgh.

Why am I not surprised?

Seriously though, a jacket and dress pants is probably typical attire....but don't feel overdressed in a suit....someone else will also be wearing one.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi