[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons win coin toss

budlitebrad

damn your quick, was just reading about it on espn.com

link

McFadden and Norewood running the ball would be nice...they still need someone to throw though, its quite possible that both Ryan and McFadden will both be there, who do you take if your the Falcons?

link

McFadden and Norewood running the ball would be nice...they still need someone to throw though, its quite possible that both Ryan and McFadden will both be there, who do you take if your the Falcons?

They have MUCH bigger needs than a RB. I would trade down if I were them.

I also heard on the radio that Jets made an offer for D Williams.

link

i think falcons take ryan....mcfadden goes to Raiders...McFadden and Russell would be nice

If the Falcons don't get a FA starter at QB, they gotta take Ryan.

In other news, I hear Jake Long's size is already impressing at the combine and his wingspan is longer than both Thomas and D'Brick apparently.

He could be the next Tony Mandarich...

Edited by budlitebrad

FALCONS WIN!!!! :D Haven't gotten to say that much. :wacko:

I am 99% sure the Falcons won't take a QB there based on the overwhelming needs at other positions especially if they think they can get someone in round 2. I think they either take what they perceive to be a stud DT or OT or trade down. McFadden is an outside possibility but not likely.

I see the GIANTS giving ATLANTA their #1 through trade ( DeAngelo Hall ), thus ATLANTA taking a RB at #31 not at #3. I see RAIDERS passing on McFadden and DMAC landing on the JETS. With Fargas being signed starter money and a crowded backfield, I cant bet on OAKLAND taking DMAC. Just my thoughts

Edited by 1st&punt

link

I think you would have to go with Ryan if he is there.

It doesn't sound like Atlanta is going QB... :wacko:

• The addition of a quarterback to build around is a priority. Building for a quarterback is paramount.

• A philosophy change from the previous regime will be used to build a roster.

"We are very particular about keeping things stout and strong up the middle," Dimitroff said.

It starts with the offensive and defensive lines and continues on offense at tailback and quarterback and on defense, linebacker and both safety spots. Quarterback is a major need, but not necessarily one that requires a first-round draft pick.

"I understand that drafting a [quarterback] in the first five picks is an option, but historically it has not been that successful," Dimitroff said. "It's not like I have a strong belief or philosophy with the top-5 picks. If the right player, a quarterback, offensive lineman, linebacker, running back, if that player truly fits and we're ready to go forward, then we will.

"Quarterback is a unique position though because you need a supporting cast to be successful in this league. We're going to have to do a lot of work evaluating quarterbacks that are coming out in the draft."

Obviously taking a QB hasn't been ruled out. Nothing is ruled out until they make their pick. But if the philosophy change holds true, they will not build around a QB. Yeah it's early but now that they're at pick 3 it seems they'll have their choice of a #1 DL or OL prospect. We'll see though.

It doesn't sound like Atlanta is going QB... :wacko:

Obviously taking a QB hasn't been ruled out. Nothing is ruled out until they make their pick. But if the philosophy change holds true, they will not build around a QB. Yeah it's early but now that they're at pick 3 it seems they'll have their choice of a #1 DL or OL prospect. We'll see though.

And let's not forget that teams never prevarocate publically prior to the draft.

And let's not forget that teams never prevarocate publically prior to the draft.

This is true but since the Atlanta roster is a friggin' yard sale right now, it's hard to picture a top prospect QB thrown smack in the middle of a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Wouldn't be the first time but there hasn't been a team worse off than Atlanta in quite some time. They have MUCH rebuilding to do before they throw a QB to the wolves.

Is this the proper time to bring up Alex Smith & the 49ers?

And how's that working out...

Carousel of OCs, no WRs, and just starting to rebuild the OL. Granted though the 2005 was a crapshoot considering that only 1 of the top 10 has since made a Pro Bowl and that wasn't until this year (Braylon Edwards)

ATL has a first rounder in R.White who had a very decent year. Pick up a free agent, possiby New orleans will have some WR leaving. Add some more components to the attack and that seems like a good start.

WR is the least of their worries. Their facing the loss of 3 of their OL (Gandy has already been cut, 10 yr vet Todd Weiner is coming off 2 knee surgeries, and Forney is in the last year of a deal that will pay him $3 million this year). The guy at the top of the LT depth chart is a guy named Quinn Ojinnaka. A 5th rounder from 2006 with 7 starts under his belt. BTW, these are all guys drafted for the sole purpose of a ZBS run game/offense. An OL that allowed 47 sacks last year and 47 in '06.

The ZBS run scheme is no more so there is no attack if they can't run or pass block.