[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Critique my fatherly advice

polksalet

Aight, here's the deal. Polk Jr. is a great kid. He is smart, good looking, clean, and speaks well. He is also fairly athletic and strong as an ox. Unlike me in my younger days he is a good all-american boy. Well apparently a couple of the local kindergarten low lifes attacked him today. He didn't tell me but instead waited to tell his Mom for whatever reason.

Mom shops at the consignment shops as well as the Salvation Army store and he wears some really nice clothes. Ok I'll get to the point. The little thugs said he was wearing fancy clothes (Gap sweater) and they were going to take it off of him. Somehow they grabbed him and stretched his sleeve out pretty good but he got out with no injuries. He told his teacher and she gave the kids a verbal correction but it sounds like she just blew it off.

I have instructed him that tomorrow if they grab him again to hit them in the throat many, many times until they stop. yeah he might get a short vacation kindergarten but I will not have him bullied. I also know that if be beats the daylights out of them no one will mess with him for a long time.

What say you?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teach him not to take Shiat from anyone ever!

Aight, here's the deal. Polk Jr. is a great kid. He is smart, good looking, clean, and speaks well. He is also fairly athletic and strong as an ox. Unlike me in my younger days he is a good all-american boy. Well apparently a couple of the local kindergarten low lifes attacked him today. He didn't tell me but instead waited to tell his Mom for whatever reason.

Mom shops at the consignment shops as well as the Salvation Army store and he wears some really nice clothes. Ok I'll get to the point. The little thugs said he was wearing fancy clothes (Gap sweater) and they were going to take it off of him. Somehow they grabbed him and stretched his sleeve out pretty good but he got out with no injuries. He told his teacher and she gave the kids a verbal correction but it sounds like she just blew it off.

I have instructed him that tomorrow if they grab him again to hit them in the throat many, many times until they stop. yeah he might get a short vacation kindergarten but I will not have him bullied. I also know that if be beats the daylights out of them no one will mess with him for a long time.

What say you?

Ya - I'm with ya. Definitely. The throat thing could kill 'em maybe, so maybe the face, but I'm with ya nonetheless. :wacko:

He has to learn to stand up for himself. I remember coming home crying once because the neighborhood bully grabbed my bike and started riding it. I think I was 5. My mom was going to go out there and get my bike back. My dad told me if I didn't go get my bike back myself, he was going to give me something to cry about. I beat that kid's ass. I always knew if I let someone bully me there was going to be hell to pay when I got home.

I guess it's kind of different now with some kids being thugs and carrying weapons. But the message is still the same. Most of the wink wink lover boy I know were never taught to stand up for themselves. It's a fear they just have to get over.

If he is the one being bullied now is the time to teach him to stand up for himself. I took and received many ass whoopings but I was NEVER bullied! I am not a large person but still will not take any crap from anyone!

sit down and shut up.

My dad told me if I didn't go get my bike back myself, he was going to give me something to cry about. I beat that kid's ass. I always knew if I let someone bully me there was going to be hell to pay when I got home.
'twas the same in the Skippy house for me growing up. I mean it wasn't my dad telling me this but it was two older brothers that would kick my ass if I did not show that the Skippy house was not to be messed with. I learned this at a very young age and stuck a pencil in the hand of a kid that was two grades ahead of me when I was in first grade.

Polk ~ I think you are on the right track overall but maybe not a throat chop. Just have him grab the kid by the hair and pull him to the ground while jamming a thumb into his eye socket. Errrr...scratch that. Just a flurry of punches to the side of the head should do at this point. If that doesn't do the trick then maybe we can move up a little.

My daughter had a problem in ninth grade and it was all on video, as we got to see at a board hearing. A kid walked up behind her and reached over her shoulders to give her a two boob honk. She turned to him with a closed fist and told him that if he touched her again she would kick the chit out of him. A few seconds latter came a more forceful honk and then a right hook that lifted the kid off the ground and then down he went. She crouched over him and unleashed a flurry of punches that broke a cheek bone, nose, and three teeth. She was kicked out of school. Major fighting with the principal and then later a hearing at the board of education where the entire video was presented as evidence before my daughter was cleared. One of the board people ask my daughter where she learned to handle herself like that and she said that she said that she knew and has always known that if you let them get away with it once, they will do it again and again. She then said that he won't do it to her because he knows what she will do to him.

He was at the hearing when she said that.

I forgot to add that this has happened before. When he was in preschool in Arkansas he choked a kid out. No joke, he stood in the chair and picked the kid up and hung him over his bony forearm. The kid is just rawhide and gristle. I imagine I will be getting called to the office tomorrow :wacko: .

I was raised to take crap, that turning the other cheek was the honorable thing to do. Well when my puberty peaked in the 10th grade I went ralphie on a kid with a history book. I feel bad because I am pretty sure he suffered permanent spinal injury. Of course the only person I normally fought was "Rams Fan" and if you guys ever saw him you would swear he was the model for the brutes on halo. When he was 15 he was like 6-4 350. because I hung out with him nearly all the time I always thought I was a small guy. I had no idea being 6-0 220 was not tiny.

My broinlaw faced the same thing. Of course he is a knuckle dragger. He is like 6-4 280. In high school three kids attacked him on a bridge that was about 25' off the water. He threw them all off the bridge and he was the only one suspended for excessive force. One kid nearly died from skull injuries. So you see, this is not our first rodeo.

'twas the same in the Skippy house for me growing up. I mean it wasn't my dad telling me this but it was two older brothers that would kick my ass if I did not show that the Skippy house was not to be messed with. I learned this at a very young age and stuck a pencil in the hand of a kid that was two grades ahead of me when I was in first grade.

Polk ~ I think you are on the right track overall but maybe not a throat chop. Just have him grab the kid by the hair and pull him to the ground while jamming a thumb into his eye socket. Errrr...scratch that. Just a flurry of punches to the side of the head should do at this point. If that doesn't do the trick then maybe we can move up a little.

My daughter had a problem in ninth grade and it was all on video, as we got to see at a board hearing. A kid walked up behind her and reached over her shoulders to give her a two boob honk. She turned to him with a closed fist and told him that if he touched her again she would kick the chit out of him. A few seconds latter came a more forceful honk and then a right hook that lifted the kid off the ground and then down he went. She crouched over him and unleashed a flurry of punches that broke a cheek bone, nose, and three teeth. She was kicked out of school. Major fighting with the principal and then later a hearing at the board of education where the entire video was presented as evidence before my daughter was cleared. One of the board people ask my daughter where she learned to handle herself like that and she said that she said that she knew and has always known that if you let them get away with it once, they will do it again and again. She then said that he won't do it to her because he knows what she will do to him.

He was at the hearing when she said that.

good for her. i'm curious, though, how was it filmed? security cameras on campus? just wondering.

my cousin just told me how her 9-y-o son, who's one of the smallest kids in class, was put in a headlock by one of the class' biggest kids. i guess the kid has bullied my cousin's kid since last year. he was sick of it, so he reached down and grabbed the other guy's nuts till he let go. the principal initially gave them both detention. even worse, the bigger kid didn't have to serve his right away because his class was going on a field trip, so the principal said he could do detention after he got back. my cousin let him have it and the principal finally agreed that perhaps he shouldn't punish the kid who was trying to defend himself. what really bugged me was the principal -- my cousin said that in one breath he was like, "boys will be boys," but in the next, he insisted both needed to be punished. then he decides that, no, only the bully should get detention. make up your mind! :wacko:

good for her. i'm curious, though, how was it filmed? security cameras on campus? just wondering.

Security cameras are all over our schools. Not every classroom has them but many do. Depends on what the classroom is used for but the overall plan is to someday have cameras everywhere but the bathrooms.

I wouldn't beget violence with violence over a stretched sweat shirt. There's a difference between defending one's self and teaching your kids that violence is an acceptable soluation to petty problems. I dunno. Stretched Gap sweatshirt just doesn't meet my threshold for encouraging a 5 year old to throw down.

Edited by yo mama

Take out the throat part , which I see you did, and I am for it. I would advise him to give a warning first. I would have him say "I am warning you if you dont stop right now I am going to pop you" If they dont listen they let him swing away and lube up the couch in celebration. If the teacher/ school gives you a hard time afterwards I would say that he came to them first and they dropped the ball so he took matters into his own hands

Edited by whomper

some quotes to consider ...

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.

Mahatma Gandhi

There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.

Muhammad Ali

Stop picking on me.

Irish

Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little.

Plutarch

The right things to do are those that keep our violence in abeyance; the wrong things are those that bring it to the fore.

Robert J. Sawyer

It is by no means self-evident that human beings are most real when most violently excited; violent physical passions do not in themselves differentiate men from each other, but rather tend to reduce them to the same state.

Thomas Elliot

Edited by tonorator