[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Critique my fatherly advice

polksalet

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tell the school youre lawyers will take care of that also

Troof. Polk: I think, after approaching the teacher the way you did, Step 2 should be a letter to the principal cc'ing the school board and teacher about how upset you are that acts of physical violence are being tolerated at the Kindergarten level. That you've instructed your child that fighting is wrong, that the school has a duty to provide a safe learning environment, and that - by this letter - they're on written notice of their failure to do so. You've spoken to the teacher and nothing was done. You understand that teachers can't be everywhere all the time, blah, blah, blah, but: (1) you're furious that the boys in question went unpunished; and (2) that if another act of violence is allowed to occur by the same boys the next letter to the school will be coming from your lawyer.

I'll bet you a letter like that gets some more attention from the principal. I hate the fact that parents frequently threaten to sue schools, but unfortunately that's the only proactive route you can take without subjecting Jr. to the possibility of being expelled for pounding on some dumbass who clearly deserves it. Either that, or you approach the other kids' parents. There's a good chance the parents are jerks too, so that may not get you anywhere. But who knows; maybe they're the kind of folks that are willing to straighten out their own kids. Wouldn't you if you found out Polk Jr was ganging up and bullying other kids?

Edited by yo mama

Has anyone even asked yet if the Kindergarten teacher is hot? Priorities people! :D

That was my first thought after reading the initial post.

My second thought was I wonder what kind of underwear she wears. Odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not? :wacko:

You might be able to get away with this in Texas as we are less namby pamby than the rest of the county. That being said, if your kid even touches another kid, no matter the provocation or history, he's probably going to get suspended.

When I see a disagreement brewing, I give them the official line, and then as an aside, tell them to be smart about it and to take care of business off school grounds if you get my drift.....

Troof. Polk: I think, after approaching the teacher the way you did, Step 2 should be a letter to the principal cc'ing the school board and teacher about how upset you are that acts of physical violence are being tolerated at the Kindergarten level. That you've instructed your child that fighting is wrong, that the school has a duty to provide a safe learning environment, and that - by this letter - they're on written notice of their failure to do so. You've spoken to the teacher and nothing was done. You understand that teachers can't be everywhere all the time, blah, blah, blah, but: (1) you're furious that the boys in question went unpunished; and (2) that if another act of violence is allowed to occur by the same boys the next letter to the school will be coming from your lawyer.

I'll bet you a letter like that gets some more attention from the principal. I hate the fact that parents frequently threaten to sue schools, but unfortunately that's the only proactive route you can take without subjecting Jr. to the possibility of being expelled for pounding on some dumbass who clearly deserves it. Either that, or you approach the other kids' parents. There's a good chance the parents are jerks too, so that may not get you anywhere. But who knows; maybe they're the kind of folks that are willing to straighten out their own kids. Wouldn't you if you found out Polk Jr was ganging up and bullying other kids?

we'll see what happens as we made it through te day without a call. I doubt I would have any trouble with the parents. My feminine build coupled with my boyish charm usually eliminates problems from adults