[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the #1 redraft RB right now?

Bronco Billy

Sure we do. He is going to be a Raider, will be used heavily, and is going to be a huge success. Yes, he has done plenty to show that he can actually play in the NFL. Pass on him if you want, but it is going to leave you with an eerily similar feeling if you passed on Peterson last year.

And Julius Jones will have 1300+ rushing this year too... :wacko:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still go with LT the way it stands now. He is the safe pick IMO.

I gotta say that I think it's all downhill with LT from here on out. It may be a very gentle slope down, but he's looking mortal these days. And isn't there some concern on the O-line right now? Was reading that somewhere.

I'm not sure who I'd draft 1.01 right now.

Ray Rice?? Ray Rice?!!??!?! We are talking about Darren McFadden here folks. I'm not gonna put any money on top five because too many things could happen, but if he stays healthy, there is zero chance he is worse than seventh. In dynasty leagues he should be taken no later than 2nd overalll, in redrafts he is a steal anywhere past five. He may not be Peterson, but he is not Bush either. This kid is a pure runner, and one of the best we have seen in some time. He is a franchise-changing back. I hate the Raids, but I am just stoked to watch this kid play at this level . Strap in and enjoy.

Ray Rice?? Ray Rice?!!??!?! We are talking about Darren McFadden here folks. I'm not gonna put any money on top five because too many things could happen, but if he stays healthy, there is zero chance he is worse than seventh. In dynasty leagues he should be taken no later than 2nd overalll, in redrafts he is a steal anywhere past five. He may not be Peterson, but he is not Bush either. This kid is a pure runner, and one of the best we have seen in some time. He is a franchise-changing back. I hate the Raids, but I am just stoked to watch this kid play at this level . Strap in and enjoy.

So no bet? Hell, we can make it if he stays healthy all year, the bet is on. If he gets hurt, no bet. My side of the best is he is NOT top 5, and not even top 7 like you say.

OR, you could be a smart man and just admit that was crazy talk, and back down. Either way Im good. :wacko:

... We are talking about Darren McFadden here folks. I'm not gonna put any money on top five because too many things could happen, but if he stays healthy, there is zero chance he is worse than seventh. In dynasty leagues he should be taken no later than 2nd overalll, in redrafts he is a steal anywhere past five. ...

In redrafts, I actually kind of agree with this IF he's drafted by the Raiders. (1st or 2nd overall in dynasties is a no-brainer) I wouldn't go so far to say zero chance he ends '08 worse than 7th but if he's a Raider and stays healthy I can see McFadden finishing as a top 10 RB in '08.

The Raiders went ZBS last year with excellent results... Lamont Jordan was at or near the top of the league in rushing the first month of the season and Justin Fargas (a 3rd rounder from 2003 who only once before '07 surpassed 203 rush yards in a season) went for over 1000yds and 4 TDs (his career TD total before '07 = 2). EDIT: Just consider for a moment if someone said in the '07 offseason that Lamont Jordan would be a league leading rusher at any point during the season AND that Justin Fargas would rush for 1000yds :wacko::D

McFadden racked up more yardage than Peterson for their college careers in arguably the best conference over the last 3 years. McFadden is also faster and healthier than Peterson going into the draft.

Just consider the options beyond five in a redraft... Gore, LJ, MBIII, Portis, Lynch, McGahee, FWP... a group not without their own individual negatives.

Edited by kingfish247

So no bet? Hell, we can make it if he stays healthy all year, the bet is on. If he gets hurt, no bet. My side of the best is he is NOT top 5, and not even top 7 like you say.

OR, you could be a smart man and just admit that was crazy talk, and back down. Either way Im good. :wacko:

Top 7 with health clauses, I will gladly accept your money sir.

Very nice top 5 - I don't think I'd sub anybody in or out of there. My exact order would be:

#1) LT

#2) S-Jax

#3) Addai

#4) Peterson

#5) Westbrook

And it kills me to put Westy at #5, because I'm a big fan. Given that I think AP will be a top-three pick in almost every draft this year, I don't think I'll end up with him on my fantasy roster. I just hate spending an early pick on a guy who might not be in there in either passing situations (AP) or goal line situations (Westbrook)

I'm usually the first guy to get off the gravy train when it comes to older backs (I was a big advocate of dropping Alexander out of your top 10 fantasy backs last season), but as was noted, LT's only going to be 29 this season. I see no reason why he can't put up an absolute minimum of 1800 combined yards and 15 scores next year. When those totals are a guy's floor, he's an excellent choice for #1 overall.

Top 7 with health clauses, I will gladly accept your money sir.

Name the exact terms. It looks like this to me: If McFadden stays healthy all year (can he miss one game at all?) he has to be in the top 7 for you to win. If not, I win.

Are we talkin FF scoring, or NFL scoring? And is it a monetary bet, or do you wanna do something else? Im good either way...

I gotta say that I think it's all downhill with LT from here on out. It may be a very gentle slope down, but he's looking mortal these days. And isn't there some concern on the O-line right now? Was reading that somewhere.

I'm not sure who I'd draft 1.01 right now.

The O-line is still solid except for a back-up tackle (which A.J. will address in the latter rounds of the draft). I share your concerns, however, about LT starting to miss games with injuries. He's due.

Do make sure that you include that it doesn't matter who drafts McFadden. The assumption at the minute is that he will go to Oaktown. I don't want to hear whining about this later that "oh the bet was if he was drafted by the Raiders." You can tell which side of the fence i fall on here. :wacko:

Good call. Team does NOT play a factor here. The argument is that he is a top 7 back, regardless.

Very nice top 5 - I don't think I'd sub anybody in or out of there. My exact order would be:

#1) LT

#2) S-Jax

#3) Addai

#4) Peterson

#5) Westbrook

And it kills me to put Westy at #5, because I'm a big fan. Given that I think AP will be a top-three pick in almost every draft this year, I don't think I'll end up with him on my fantasy roster. I just hate spending an early pick on a guy who might not be in there in either passing situations (AP) or goal line situations (Westbrook)

I'm usually the first guy to get off the gravy train when it comes to older backs (I was a big advocate of dropping Alexander out of your top 10 fantasy backs last season), but as was noted, LT's only going to be 29 this season. I see no reason why he can't put up an absolute minimum of 1800 combined yards and 15 scores next year. When those totals are a guy's floor, he's an excellent choice for #1 overall.

with RB's, age is only a number....look at Priest Holmes, he was living proof that it has more to do with mileage and how much a RB has been injured...

and I know people will bring up instances where a RB has been injured plenty early on and managed to turn it around later....but that's not my point, my point is all the RB's that disappear after 5 seasons...

LT hasn't been injured much, if at all...but last year in the playoffs he wore down....and that's still not my point...

I don't want to draft someone #1 overall if I feel they are on the downswing of their career....I want the players potential to be bright and injury free...not to mention the fact that LT has all kinds of mileage under his belt

come draft day, I'd be tempted to slide LT down to #3...but still may take him #1....and people reading this will probably only pay attention to the 1st part of this sentence, but I'm starting to feel it's time to get off this train...

..or I may be another year or 2 off,....it's more of a gut feeling to me..

Maybe this is the year that nobody wants the top pick. If the top 4 is subject to debate, I'd gladly take leftovers at the 4th pick.

1a LT

1b AP

3 Addai

4 Westbrook

5 SJax (Move him up if the team has any success at all, which means likely move him down.)

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda depends if one of them is cursed err chosen for the Madden cover. Other wise I'll take the safe pick with LT.

what's with all of this McFadden talk?....

unless he falls to the Patriots at #7, I have trouble even considering him inside my top 10...this is crazy talk..

:wacko:

What's with all this drooling over the idea of McFadden being a Patriot? Even if he fell to them, I highly doubt they'd take him. And if they did, it would be a pretty bad RBBC. I don't get it. :D

:wacko:

What's with all this drooling over the idea of McFadden being a Patriot? Even if he fell to them, I highly doubt they'd take him. And if they did, it would be a pretty bad RBBC. I don't get it. :D

They'd mess with the fans and not even start him. Balichick has to prove he's a genius by starting castoffs from other teams imo.

Nice analysis.

But at 330-350 touches a game, I don't think Addai is going to finish the season. :D

BB -- Furd was giving you a little chit about your mis-type in the original post. :D

That said, I agree just about 100% with your analysis. It will certainly be interesting during the "redraft season." Then again, I think I'm only in one redraft this year... :wacko:

If I had the #1 pick in a redraft at this moment, I'm taking LT. The biggest, most common fantasy curse is an injury to your 1st-round running back. Almost all of the top guys have some sort of injury concern...except LT. Yeah, he's 29. So? Historically, that's still about a year and a half before RBs fall off the productivity cliff. NEXT year is the year to avoid Tomlinson. This year, I'll still take the safe money.

As many a wise FFer has said, you can't win your league in the first round of the draft, but you can definitely LOSE it. :brew: