[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the surprise back in this draft.

buiznitch

I am interested in Felix Jones and Ray RIce at this point but so much of a rookie's success depends heavily on where he ends up and that the situation and oportunity is there.

You really have to wait until the draft to be able to answer this...

Yeah I understand that will change things im just trying to get everyones opinion going into the draft and then look at it again after. Maybe get some insight on some of the lesser known backs.

I am interested in Felix Jones and Ray RIce at this point but so much of a rookie's success depends heavily on where he ends up and that the situation and oportunity is there.

I keep hearing and reading alot about his Ray Rice kid. His size scares me a bit. And not to mention the workload he endured. I know alot depends on where he ends up. But what are the other variables that surround the hype. I didn't watch him play much in college.

I like Xavier Oman a lot. Gets the small school knock, but from what I have seen he owns people. He would be an excellent day two pick for the Browns. That is if we dont get Tashard Choice first. Choice is a personal favorite, because of his style. He runs kinda like Mike Pittman, with a lot of violence. While Ball was blowing games Choice would carry the team on his own.

I like Xavier Oman a lot. Gets the small school knock, but from what I have seen he owns people. He would be an excellent day two pick for the Browns. That is if we dont get Tashard Choice first. Choice is a personal favorite, because of his style. He runs kinda like Mike Pittman, with a lot of violence. While Ball was blowing games Choice would carry the team on his own.

Oman has a wide range of talents but straight ahead speed is not one of them. Maybe as an understudy to Jamal Lewis? I could see that. OK.

Choice is also a nice "choice", and could be a terrific mid-round steal for a team. Again, doesn't have great speed but is real physical and can definitely catch the ball out of the backfield.

I am going to say that Chauncey Washington fits the bill as a "surprise back" if he lands on the right team.

I like Mike Hart if he goes to the Broncos. Only if he goes to the Broncos.

Agreed. I think Hart could put up very, very consistent numbers in Shanny's system.

He wouldn't be the "threat" persay that you'd see in an Adrain Peterson, but he would be the kind of back that sneaks in 100 yards and a TD every game.

I still don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to see Steve Slaton turn into a decent pro. He will probably only be used correctly but some of the more creative offenses out there, but I'm anxious to see what system he goes into.

Cal's Justin Forsett will get drafted on day two.

He's a small and powerful runner with great hands. I expect him to be a very successful 3rd down back in the NFL (as successful as anyone could be at that position anyways) and eventually work his way into a full RBBC lineup.

Tashard Choice

Ideal NFL RB size for a featured RB. Led the ACC in rushing in both 2006 & 2007 - not nearly as easy to do with the addition of tradional football powers to the conference. The kid is tough as nails & isn't flashy at all, he just gets the job done. He's a one-cut downhill runner and has great instincts. If he gets picked up by a zone blocking team (read a team like DEN or HOU) he could easily fit into that system & produce big numbers for a few years.

Tashard Choice

Ideal NFL RB size for a featured RB. Led the ACC in rushing in both 2006 & 2007 - not nearly as easy to do with the addition of tradional football powers to the conference. The kid is tough as nails & isn't flashy at all, he just gets the job done. He's a one-cut downhill runner and has great instincts. If he gets picked up by a zone blocking team (read a team like DEN or HOU) he could easily fit into that system & produce big numbers for a few years.

What about Detroit, I hear they are moving to a zone blocking scheme.