[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So What Will You Be Doing For the Draft?

jaxfactor

I always take the day off from work, if possible. I barely squeeked in and was able to get a vacation day this year. I plan on being total couch potato and watching the draft here at home. The Skybox would be a nice place to hang around if anyone's going to be there to chat. I do plan on consuming mass quantities of :wacko: .

The local Steeler club here has a draft party every year. But they decided to have it at one of the affiliate bars which is quite a ways from home. I'll pass on the possible DUI and stay home.

So what are y'all gonna be doing?

Guest Chappy

Me and about 4 or 5 of my buddies get together at my house and watch several hours of the draft together while having plenty of good food and beverages.

I will be at home watching every second of it. I take no phone calls from work and I usually sit up and have the wifey with me to watch the first 2 rounds of it. She likes to see who goes where. I can't wait though because this draft is one of the most intriguing ones in a while. The non-offensive players (OL, and D positions) that don't score are the ones to watch this year. They are going to play a HUGE role in our respective teams more this year than any other year I can think of.

My local dynasty league has the league meeting on draft day. We meet early and vote on issues/changes. Everyone brings food--and after the meeting we sit around, eat, drink, and make a few trades--during the first round. Then we all go home happy and itching for the "real deal"--the dynasty rookie draft (July). We've found this works well. It gives us an additional gathering, as opposed to meeting just once a year for the rook draft (some of the guys get together on the opening Sunday, but not the whole league). Everyone is more familiar will each other, not to mention it keeps the appetite whet for fantasy football during the long off-season. Makes the NFL draft more enjoyable for me, I doubt I would watch otherwise...