[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stimulus checks

KevinL

I'm a low number (under 10). Original date was this Friday 5/2. Latest news was checks were starting on Monday.

We did Turbo Tax but did NOT deduct fees. The direct deposit to my bank came straight from the US Treasury.

My wife has heard that if you used TurboTax and deducted the fees, the deposit actually went into TurboTax bank and then you got yours, minus the fees. This is not our situation.

Regardless, I haven't seen the stimulus yet. Anybody else get theirs?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China.If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, if we purchase a good car it will go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in the US. Thank you for your help.

I'm a low number (under 10). Original date was this Friday 5/2. Latest news was checks were starting on Monday.

We did Turbo Tax but did NOT deduct fees. The direct deposit to my bank came straight from the US Treasury.

My wife has heard that if you used TurboTax and deducted the fees, the deposit actually went into TurboTax bank and then you got yours, minus the fees. This is not our situation.

Regardless, I haven't seen the stimulus yet. Anybody else get theirs?

On my return, I used TurboTax and deducted the fees and mine went into the Turbo Tax bank first, but still only took a few days to get to mine. As far as the stimulus goes, I don't know if it would go to the same bank or not before coming to your personal account. Either way, I haven't gotten mine either (my numbers in the 30s).

On my return, I used TurboTax and deducted the fees and mine went into the Turbo Tax bank first, but still only took a few days to get to mine. As far as the stimulus goes, I don't know if it would go to the same bank or not before coming to your personal account. Either way, I haven't gotten mine either (my numbers in the 30s).

What my wife read was, if you deducted the turbo-tax fees, the IRS doesn't have your personal bank info so you will get a paper check.

What my wife read was, if you deducted the turbo-tax fees, the IRS doesn't have your personal bank info so you will get a paper check.

I've never read your pizza blog before. It is fascinating. I hope your stimulus check gets there soon.

I've never read your pizza blog before. It is fascinating. I hope your stimulus check gets there soon.

The pizza blog gets well over 100 hits per day from all around the world. I know that's not alot to some people, but to an amateur like me, it's pretty cool!

And yeah, we're using the check as a down payment on a used minivan.

The pizza blog gets well over 100 hits per day from all around the world. I know that's not alot to some people, but to an amateur like me, it's pretty cool!

And yeah, we're using the check as a down payment on a used minivan.

:wacko:

I've never read your pizza blog before. It is fascinating.

I read it last year for a while. That and his other blog or two (there is one dedicated to his family or kids I believe) really gave me a lot of admiration for Kevin.

Does that make me ghey :wacko:

Edit: Just realized it's part of his sig :D

Edited by Puddy

If you have your hard copy of your return, you can see if your bank info is on there. If it is, then you will still get your refund direct deposited. Not sure about the other forms, but on form 1040 it is lines 74b, 74c, and 74d.

I did mine through Turbo Tax (paid fees too) and its on there, so I will be getting mine on May 9th. :wacko:

Forgive my ignorance, but what do y'all mean when you say "my number is low"? Is this like a draft lottery or something? Was everybody assigned a number and they mail out the checks according to your number?

Last 2 digits of the Social Security number.

Last 2 digits of the Social Security number.

In that case I will never see it. I'm above 95. :wacko: