[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Child Rapists CANNOT be executed

Savage Beatings

Here is the story.

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion that "evolving standards of decency" in the United States forbid capital punishment for any crime other than murder.

Execution of Patrick Kennedy, the justice also wrote, would be unconstitutional on the grounds of the Eighth Amendment, which prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.

Anthony Kennedy -- supported by Justices John Paul Stevens, David Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer -- wrote that the prohibition against cruel punishment derives its meaning from the "evolving standards of decency that mark the progress of a maturing society."

Wow. :wacko:

Here is the story.

Wow. :D

These are the same dipwads that scream that society didn't protect their grand/children when these pervs get out of jail and vicimize their kids. :wacko::D:D

The only way I could support this result is if such criminals get life without the possibility for parole. Because one way or the other, people like that must be permanently removed from society.

Edited by yo mama

That is an unusual interpretation of the constitution. Cruel and unusual? So then usual punishment is the state murdering the murderer but not a rapist. Rape can ruin a persons life as much or even more than killing them.

Although dogs VS humans it has been ruled cruel to deny food or water to dogs but killing them isn't. This was a ruling against someone here in Wisconsin selling dogs as food.

I figured Catholics would take this as good news. :wacko:

I am against the Death Penalty. But basically they are saying that on the spectrum of crime the rape of a child in not as bad as murder. I disagree with that. If the State is going to be in the business of capital punishment, then nothing could be more deserving of that ultimate penalty than child rape.

I'm kind of an eye for an eye type of guy. You murder someone, you get your candle blown out. You rape someone, regardless of age, you go to jail for life and get raped every day for the rest of your life.

This reminds me of the thread about the peeping tom who was masturbating outside the window of a little girl while she slept. Then the girl's relatives or friends caught the guy and shoved a tree branch up his kazoo.

Many on this board felt that the branch shovers deserved to be prosecuted. Others, like myself, felt that the guy had it coming. And part of the reason I feel that way is that everyone knows our justice system will not take care of these guys. The rape of a child is as bad or worse than murder. It is, in fact, the murder of a child's soul & hopes & dreams. The death penalty is too soft for these guys, IMHO.

This reminds me of the thread about the peeping tom who was masturbating outside the window of a little girl while she slept. Then the girl's relatives or friends caught the guy and shoved a tree branch up his kazoo.

Many on this board felt that the branch shovers deserved to be prosecuted. Others, like myself, felt that the guy had it coming. And part of the reason I feel that way is that everyone knows our justice system will not take care of these guys. The rape of a child is as bad or worse than murder. It is, in fact, the murder of a child's soul & hopes & dreams. The death penalty is too soft for these guys, IMHO.

Did you ever follow up on that case to find out if the guy who got assaulted was actually a peeping tom? Or did you believe the story of the four people caught laughing and shoving a branch up his ass while drunk?

I am against the Death Penalty. But basically they are saying that on the spectrum of crime the rape of a child in not as bad as murder. I disagree with that. If the State is going to be in the business of capital punishment, then nothing could be more deserving of that ultimate penalty than child rape.

In that case, you might as well just kill any kid you rape. The murder is actually the lesser part of that crime, I guess.

I'm kind of an eye for an eye type of guy. You murder someone, you get your candle blown out. You rape someone, regardless of age, you go to jail for life and get raped every day for the rest of your life.

I don't think you've thought this through. You note that if someone rapes another, he goes to jail and gets raped every day. Well, whoever rapes the rapist will in turn have to be raped everyday. Then, whoever rapes the rapist who raped the rapist will have to be raped every day. Much like a pyramid scheme, eventually, we're going to run out of rapists to inflict the punishment you propose.

In that case, you might as well just kill any kid you rape. The murder is actually the lesser part of that crime, I guess.

I might be wrong since I will never be inside the mind of a child rapist, but I would hazard to guess that most if not all of these criminals are not exactly reasoning through the consequences of their actions as the crimes are being commited.

I am very pro-death penalty. But I think I agree with this decision. I think the rapists deserve to die, but not by the state's hand. Obviously they should never be allowed to see the free world. These guys cannot be rehabilitated in my mind. So many of these child rapists actually kill the children afterward...so I think by letting the children live we should let the rapist live too. If you call getting sodomized in prison living.

I am very pro-death penalty. But I think I agree with this decision. I think the rapists deserve to die, but not by the state's hand. Obviously they should never be allowed to see the free world. These guys cannot be rehabilitated in my mind. So many of these child rapists actually kill the children afterward...so I think by letting the children live we should let the rapist live too. If you call getting sodomized in prison living.

An act of mercy for an act of "mercy?"

There are young people / children out there (I imagine many in fact) who have been raped and wish desperately for many years after the heinous act, if not their entire lives, that they had in fact been murdered. The knowledge and memories of what they endured is unbearable. So trying to find comfort in some hope that the rapist may or may not get his due in jail is absurd to ask of a victim.

Furthermore, aside from serial murderers, which are few and far between, murders are one-time events. Child rapists, on the other hand, act over and over again...inflicting irreparable damage on one or possibly multiple victims. And no, they cannot be rehabilitated.

Perhaps a case can be made for sparing a guilty individual from the death penalty, and it could be argued that a child might not come forward if he or she thought a family member, as awful as they acted, might be put to death, but for four liberal and one moderate justices to say that the death penalty is unlilaterally off the table is sad, insulting, and naive.

An act of mercy for an act of "mercy?"

There are young people / children out there (I imagine many in fact) who have been raped and wish desperately for many years after the heinous act, if not their entire lives, that they had in fact been murdered. The knowledge and memories of what they endured is unbearable. So trying to find comfort in some hope that the rapist may or may not get his due in jail is absurd to ask of a victim.

Furthermore, aside from serial murderers, which are few and far between, murders are one-time events. Child rapists, on the other hand, act over and over again...inflicting irreparable damage on one or possibly multiple victims. And no, they cannot be rehabilitated.

Perhaps a case can be made for sparing a guilty individual from the death penalty, and it could be argued that a child might not come forward if he or she thought a family member, as awful as they acted, might be put to death, but for four liberal and one moderate justices to say that the death penalty is unlilaterally off the table is sad, insulting, and naive.

Where do you draw the line between a crime that warrants the death penalty and one that doesn't? IMO, a murder has to be involved. It's just my opinion and honestly I wouldn't lose a night's sleep had this decision gone the other way. But if you say child rape...then what age of the child would separate capital punishment from life imprisonment? It's a slippery slope.

Edited by Double Agent