[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you know?

millerx

In light of my post about "tipping with the penny on top" in the Imus thread, I thought I'd start a new thread with little known facts that others might want to share. I found many at the huddle to be quite wise and insightful (at times) and wanted to see what kind of a collection we could gather.

Give me something that you think most people might not have heard or you find interesting. Some many be true, some may be myths, while others...well... I guess we'll find out.

To start:

Did you know that leaves don't FALL from trees? They are PUSHED off by the tree. This is why you may see a dead limb in winter time still holding its crumpled dead leaves while the rest have been pushed.

Edit: They are pushed off so that it will allow the snow or ice to fall through to the ground and not build up on the branch causing it to possibly break from the weight.

Edited by millerx

Did you know that there's some frogs as big as dogs?

ETA: Sorry, it's actually a fine idea for a topic but i couldn't think of one off the top of my head, am too jacked up on coffee to not blurt out something regardless of how stupid it may be, and it's been far too long since a frog-dog reference was made here.

Edited by detlef

1. Did you know that Deer kill more people in North America than sharks, bears, mountain lions, gators and wolves combined. Deer are the deadliest wild animal in North America.

This is why we need to kill them, that and they taste god.

2. The fastest way to get drunk is to shove a bottle up your ass and stand on your head. The walls of the colon are extremely thin, so it gets into the blood stream faster, and isn't filtered by the liver. So if you are worried about sclerosis (Twiley) shove that bottle up your ass. Just be careful, as it is easy to get alcohol poisoning this way.

3. The best way to tell if a hooker is really an undercover cop is rather than offering her money for sex, tell her you are an art student or artist and ask her if she is willing to pose nude. A cop won't. A hooker will, and then you get on about your business.

Source: Manswers on Spike TV

1. Did you know that Deer kill more people in North America than sharks, bears, mountain lions, gators and wolves combined. Deer are the deadliest wild animal in North America.

This is why we need to kill them, that and they taste god.

:wacko:

Did you know that contrary to popular belief Minnesotans are spiteful a-holes that aren't as funny as they think but occasionally will have one or two jokes that actually pan out?

Did you know that it's a very bad idea to spill A&W Root Beer on your Keyboard and then rinse it off under the Faucet?

The next day your T,Y,U,F,G,H,B,and N keys won't work. :wacko:

:D

:D

did you know :

1. Cat's urine glows in the dark ( i believe twiley's does as well )

2. Evian spelled backwards is Naive and its quite expensive for water ...i believe the French pulled a fast one on us

3. Their is no way to tell if your pen runs out of invisible ink

4. 5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions :wacko:

Did you know that there's some frogs as big as dogs?

ETA: Sorry, it's actually a fine idea for a topic but i couldn't think of one off the top of my head, am too jacked up on coffee to not blurt out something regardless of how stupid it may be, and it's been far too long since a frog-dog reference was made here.

You obviously do not visit the advice forum. Dog-sized frog references are running rampant.

Did you know that it's a very bad idea to spill A&W Root Beer on your Keyboard and then rinse it off under the Faucet?

The next day your A,Y,2,F,D,C,B,and M keys won't work. :wacko:

Fixed your post.

2. The fastest way to get drunk is to shove a bottle up your ass and stand on your head. The walls of the colon are extremely thin, so it gets into the blood stream faster, and isn't filtered by the liver. So if you are worried about sclerosis (Twiley) shove that bottle up your ass. Just be careful, as it is easy to get alcohol poisoning this way.

Uh, I'm gonna have to take your word on this one.

Did you know that you can use black paint to remove stains from your clothes?

Thanks. My wife is going to be so happy I did the laundry when she gets home.

This one is true.