[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sometimes life throws you a curve...

Sox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have the best ins. coverage ever. I don't think I've ever seen that one. Good for you and congrats.

Actually, I have not seen a group treat pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. But....I am limited to what I see in the three states I am licensed.

CONGRATS SOX!!!!!!!

Edited by TheShiznit

[witty]Well, I'd say you hit a homerun off of that curve ball.[/witty]

If it's a boy, name him Milo. Milo is a cool name.

Milo...hmmm....not sure if that name is masculine enough for a boy. :wacko:

Actually, I have not seen a group treat pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. But....I am limited to what I see in the three states I am licensed.

CONGRATS SOX!!!!!!!

Thank you.

I was worried,but Blue Cross Blue Shield (I'm in Ohio) assured me they didn't treat it as pre-existing and she would be covered,which was a hugh relief for us.

Thank you.

I was worried,but Blue Cross Blue Shield (I'm in Ohio) assured me they didn't treat it as pre-existing and she would be covered,which was a hugh relief for us.

That is who I deal with here in Illinois mainly.....they are excellent.

Congrats.

BTW, whenever I thought about my future when I was younger I never thought about having a wife and kids. If that's the way it turned out for me so be it. 10 years into it now with 2 kids and I'm very hapy with the way it's turned out. GWAR actually sounds really good in a minivan, nice acoustics.

Best of luck.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Congrats Sox. Regardless of how great you think fatherhood will be; I can guarantee the actual experience will greatly exceed any expectations you previously had. I am sure the other fathers here would agree. It is the greatest feeling in the world. My best to you and the Mrs-to-be.

get married asap. she wont be "showing", but shell be complaining about how fat she looks in a few months.

congrats! my second son is almost 2 days old, and its fantastic. :wacko:

We will.She has her first doctor appointment Monday,and I'm assuming they'll confirm her pregnancy(prayers accepted)and everything is fine,though early.She's in week 5,about to start week 6.At that point,they'll most likely want her back by week twelve,so we'll have to be married by then.I feel bad for her,she had the wedding all planned for next year,we were getting ready to set up a cruise honeymoon,and all of that's changed.

She,my mom and her mom are all going to Dave's Bridal after the appointment,and she's getting measured.I've given my mom permission to buy her a dress if she finds one she wants,and I'll reimburse her.

Thanks to all of you.I'll give an update Monday to hopefully confirm all of this. :D

We will.She has her first doctor appointment Monday,and I'm assuming they'll confirm her pregnancy(prayers accepted)and everything is fine,though early.She's in week 5,about to start week 6.At that point,they'll most likely want her back by week twelve,so we'll have to be married by then.I feel bad for her,she had the wedding all planned for next year,we were getting ready to set up a cruise honeymoon,and all of that's changed.

She,my mom and her mom are all going to Dave's Bridal after the appointment,and she's getting measured.I've given my mom permission to buy her a dress if she finds one she wants,and I'll reimburse her.

Thanks to all of you.I'll give an update Monday to hopefully confirm all of this. :wacko:

just a thought, but you could do what my wife and i did. we canceled our original wedding date after her mom, who had cancer, took a bad turn and later died. about a year later, we decided we wanted to buy a house, but we wanted to be married when we did so. (we had no new wedding plans in the works.) so we picked a friday and had family and close friends come to a ceremony in a grassy area near the courthouse, then went to dinner with everyone afterward. on the same date a year later (a saturday), we had the "real" wedding, which was actually our first anniversary (we didn't want to have two "anniversaries," so we made sure to do both ceremonies on the same date). a lot of my extended family didn't even know we were already married. aside from that, though, it was a traditional wedding. we bought a house in between the two weddings. and last month we just celebrated 10 years!

anyway, congrats on the baby!

just a thought, but you could do what my wife and i did. we canceled our original wedding date after her mom, who had cancer, took a bad turn and later died. about a year later, we decided we wanted to buy a house, but we wanted to be married when we did so. (we had no new wedding plans in the works.) so we picked a friday and had family and close friends come to a ceremony in a grassy area near the courthouse, then went to dinner with everyone afterward. on the same date a year later (a saturday), we had the "real" wedding, which was actually our first anniversary (we didn't want to have two "anniversaries," so we made sure to do both ceremonies on the same date). a lot of my extended family didn't even know we were already married. aside from that, though, it was a traditional wedding. we bought a house in between the two weddings. and last month we just celebrated 10 years!

anyway, congrats on the baby!

That's a great idea,and it's already been brought up by my sister.It would give everyone who couldn't make it on short notice a chance to come in,celebrate,and meet her.Plenty of time for that though.I just want a :wacko: from the doc.