[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Choose your painkiller

Atlanta Cracker

My wife is having foot surgery in a couple of weeks (bunion removal) and they said that they will either giver her Percocet, Vicodin, or Lortab. Which would you pick if you had a choice?

She's kind of a wimp when it comes to pain or being sick so for me the one that kills the pain best AND knocks her out for a few hours at the time would probably be best.

My wife is having foot surgery in a couple of weeks (bunion removal) and they said that they will either giver her Percocet, Vicodin, or Lortab. Which would you pick if you had a choice?

She's kind of a wimp when it comes to pain or being sick so for me the one that kills the pain best AND knocks her out for a few hours at the time would probably be best.

Lortab goes better with beer, Vicodin goes better with wine.

Can't speak for the Lortab, but I have always preferred the percocet over vicodin.

Agreed (I just went through back sugery last December).

I only took about five out of the bottle of like 100 that the doc perscribed me, when the pain the first couple days got really bad. All that stuff makes me feel like puking. Not only that, if you really enjoy sh!tting blocks of cement, these meds are for you. You can take a whole bottle of Metamucil a day and it won't help!

My favorite painkiller is naprosen. Long lasting, takes the edge off enough to help me gut it out. I have been told though that I have a very high pain tolerance level. I'm not bragging just a fact that a few doctors have conveyed to me. My back doc was amazed that I only hit the morphine button three times in the hospital after surgery. So I am not sure, if your wife is the wimp you say she is that this (naprosen) will work well for her.

Agreed (I just went through back sugery last December).

I only took about five out of the bottle of like 100 that the doc perscribed me, when the pain the first couple days got really bad. All that stuff makes me feel like puking. Not only that, if you really enjoy sh!tting blocks of cement, these meds are for you. You can take a whole bottle of Metamucil a day and it won't help!

My favorite painkiller is naprosen. Long lasting, takes the edge off enough to help me gut it out. I have been told though that I have a very high pain tolerance level. I'm not bragging just a fact that a few doctors have conveyed to me. My back doc was amazed that I only hit the morphine button three times in the hospital after surgery. So I am not sure, if your wife is the wimp you say she is that this (naprosen) will work well for her.

Hey, I'm gonna be passing through the Centreville area on the way to the moms house for the 4th. I'd be happy to take those 95 Perks off yer hands. You dont want your kids gettin into em! :wacko:

Tell her that your baby batter is a cure-all. Tell her it's best taken orally or rectally. I'm sure you can get a doctor to hook you up with some supporting articles and such.

:wacko:

Hey, I'm gonna be passing through the Centreville area on the way to the moms house for the 4th. I'd be happy to take those 95 Perks off yer hands. You dont want your kids gettin into em! :wacko:

DUDE! I have an unopened, sealed bottle to go along with the one I opened. I don't know what the doc was thinking, but apparently this is like the standard supply that they script for! I am not at all suprised after my experience that there are sooo many Perc addicts out there. Another co-worker had a much longer and more conservative treatment cycle for her back injury (see cheap insurance trying to "heal" with the-rape-y, instead of fixing the problem). She was on this dope for almost a year, and after the surgery and healing process she found she was hooked. The cleansing process was as hard on her as the surgery and I felt vey badly for her. It is amazing how they give this stuff out like candy to back-pain patients. But like I said, I may have the wrong view because of my pain polerance.

My wife went through that along with straightening a hammer toe at the same time........they gave her Percocet

Percs are the way to go. I usually pop one during friday night poker and make horrific calls within 30 minutes

Tell her that your baby batter is a cure-all. Tell her it's best taken orally or rectally. I'm sure you can get a doctor to hook you up with some supporting articles and such.

I believe the proper name for this is "Atlanta Cracker's Double Nut Elixer"

My wife was prescribed Vicodin once and after a week, I contacted the doctor about changing the prescription. His only question was "she meaner than hell now?". And she was. She really, really was. Like me thumbing through the yellow pages for "exorcism" sort of mean. Evidently it affects some people that way. Like PMS x 4.

Percs are the way to go. I usually pop one during friday night poker and make horrific calls within 30 minutes

werd, Perce and Vics do not go well with Texas Hold Em - I find myself making donkey calls on the river just b/c I am soooo happy and curious

DUDE! I have an unopened, sealed bottle to go along with the one I opened. I don't know what the doc was thinking, but apparently this is like the standard supply that they script for! I am not at all suprised after my experience that there are sooo many Perc addicts out there. Another co-worker had a much longer and more conservative treatment cycle for her back injury (see cheap insurance trying to "heal" with the-rape-y, instead of fixing the problem). She was on this dope for almost a year, and after the surgery and healing process she found she was hooked. The cleansing process was as hard on her as the surgery and I felt vey badly for her. It is amazing how they give this stuff out like candy to back-pain patients. But like I said, I may have the wrong view because of my pain polerance.

sounds like we need to have a Tailgate raffle to see who gets to take take them off your hands :wacko:

werd, Perce and Vics do not go well with Texas Hold Em - I find myself making donkey calls on the river just b/c I am soooo happy and curious

:D Thats great

A couple months ago I helped a buddy move and then I played golf. Started having serious back spasms during the round. Came home and took 2 Oxycontin tabs that my wife had from her C-section. Lawd have mercy...all the pain went away. I was in la la land until I passed out.

Just take two dried poppy heads, grind them in a food processor and wrap them in cheesecloth. Steep in boiling water to make a tea. Visit Kublai Khan.

Bunionectomies are one of the most painful minor surgeries you can have. Don't tell her that though, anticipation is a big part of the experience of pain.

Lortab and Vicodin are both hydrocodone/acetaminophen products although Lortabs tend to have more narcotic per tablet.

Percocet contains oxycodone/acetaminophen.

Oxycodone is twice as potent mg for mg than hydrocodone.

Bottom line, she should have better pain relief with Percocet unless she gets a very high strength Lortab.

Bunionectomies are one of the most painful minor surgeries you can have. Don't tell her that though, anticipation is a big part of the experience of pain.

Lortab and Vicodin are both hydrocodone/acetaminophen products although Lortabs tend to have more narcotic per tablet.

Percocet contains oxycodone/acetaminophen.

Oxycodone is twice as potent mg for mg than hydrocodone.

Bottom line, she should have better pain relief with Percocet unless she gets a very high strength Lortab.

There you have it, way better advice than us casual "let's got to the happy place" users. :wacko: