[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olympics on TV

AtomicCEO

We've probably all seen the swimming and the volleyball... but I've watched some stuff you wouldn't ordinarily see on TV, too.

I watched a few badminton matches.

I watched synchronized diving :wacko:

Last night I couldn't sleep and I was watching field hockey.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the minor sports waaay better than the crap they're showing on NBC. Last night, I checked out some badmitton (awesome) between two Asians rather than the gayest of all sports, men's synchronized diving. I saw that creepy little 14-year old kid for the US and immediately flipped it. I've been flipping back and forth in the 700's on DirectTV about 10 times more than over to regular NBC. The handball has been great, too.

Swimming

The diving last night (I felt a little ghey) I have overcome this with a sense of patriotism

Men's gymnastics (see above)

Beach Volleyball :wacko: This has also help get over the feeling ghey

I was busy over the weekend so didn't see much then, but I am looking forward to every evening this week

I like the minor sports waaay better than the crap they're showing on NBC. Last night, I checked out some badmitton (awesome) between two Asians rather than the gayest of all sports, men's synchronized diving. I saw that creepy little 14-year old kid for the US and immediately flipped it. I've been flipping back and forth in the 700's on DirectTV about 10 times more than over to regular NBC. The handball has been great, too.

As I said in another thread, watching the olympics from france, they only concentrate on sports. no personal bios, or plausible live events, and almost no commercials. It's really cool. Downside is watching sports that the french are semi competent at: judo (which really sucks. Would have thought it was cool, but in fact it is a very subjectively judged sport, and really nothing happens other than a lot of jersey pulling), kayak which is kind of cool, sabre which is ok, but not as cool as it sounds. Handball is enjoyable, would think that a few minor nba players could put together a team to win the thing.

I thought I could watch pretty much any sport, until 'dressage' came up yesterday....

sabre which is ok, but not as cool as it sounds.

I really wanted to like this as well, but just couldn't get into it with the weird full-body touch outfits the contestants wear today.

I loved the handball, but not the stickball. The goal of stickball appears to be to get a 1-0 lead and then simply knock the ball down to the other end constantly to hold your lead. I may have been watching two teams who weren't that great, however. Of course, I don't know who is good and who isn't.

NBC is sorta like your French network. They only show sports that the US is going to be competitive in whereas the other Olympic networks are showing all the sports. I would much rather watch a great (example) Thailand vs China in table tennis or badminton rather than the US Men's Gymnastics eek out a bronze.

Edited by TimC

Swimming

Water Polo

Beach Volleyball (girls)

Diving

Cycling

It has been great. Do they have some of the other sports on the 700s series of channels on DirecTV? I think it would be cool to watch some of the minor sports and it would be cool to switch back and forth. Anyone know?

Swimming

Water Polo

Beach Volleyball (girls)

Diving

Cycling

It has been great. Do they have some of the other sports on the 700s series of channels on DirecTV? I think it would be cool to watch some of the minor sports and it would be cool to switch back and forth. Anyone know?

Yeah, go up to like 740-750 (I don't remember the exact channels) and there are like 8 channels on DirectTV for Olympic coverage. One exclusively for basketball and another for soccer. The others are all the NBC-affiliated channels. It also has medal counts and trivia and shows when the upcoming events will be on when you push the red button. Very cool. :wacko:

Yeah, go up to like 740-750 (I don't remember the exact channels) and there are like 8 channels on DirectTV for Olympic coverage. One exclusively for basketball and another for soccer. The others are all the NBC-affiliated channels. It also has medal counts and trivia and shows when the upcoming events will be on when you push the red button. Very cool. :wacko:

Sweet! :D Thanks for the heads up!

I wholeheartedly admit that I had no intentions of watching the Olympics a week ago, but have had the UHD, USA, and CNBC channels running constantly. I've been watching a lot of boxing, beach volleyball, team handball, and some softball last night. The swimming on NBC has been pretty awesome too.

I watched Jenny Finch pitch last night. I watched some handball. I had no idea what I was watching at first. I watched women's shooting the other night. That was a little odd. Curling is one of my favorite Olympic sports. Maybe shuffleboard can become an Olympic sport.

Last night I couldn't sleep and I was watching field hockey.

I thought you meant women's field hockey until I switched on MSNBC this morning and am now watching The Netherlands and Australia play MEN'S field hockey. Wait, what? Really? :D

Like every 4 years - none.

I simply don't get this... just my opinion. :wacko:

--------

I've been super slow with work these past few weeks, so I've been watching a lot.

Beach Volleyball (both mens' and womens')

Indoor Volleyball (both)

Badminton :D

Soccer

Swimming

Gymnastics

Basketball

E2A: Some water polo

Probably a couple others I'm forgetting...

Edited by darin3

I've watched just about everything.

It wasn't until this AM that I realized how much I detest wimmins b'ball, I watched three quarters of the wimmins water polo, but could only stomach five minutes of wimmins hoops, what's up with that?

I've watched just about everything.

It wasn't until this AM that I realized how much I detest wimmins b'ball, I watched three quarters of the wimmins water polo, but could only stomach five minutes of wimmins hoops, what's up with that?

+1

I was eager to watch this morning until I saw the lineup.