[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stone Temple Pilots last night

peepinmofo

So we go to see STP last night. As many know, I live in Tampa. Well, my wife and I were there, and decided to leave at about 9pm. They were supposed togo on around 9:30 I guess, and play til 11. Well, we were both not feeling great, so we left around 8:45ish. We assumed we just lost out on a great show and our money. Fast forward to tonight... We get a call from Live Nation (promoter) and they said STP did not go on, and they are issuing a refund. Well, its good that we left when we did, but apparently there are a lot of rumors that Scott Weiland ODd again on heroin.

Officially, the show was canceled due to inclement weather. However, apparently the entire band was there minus weiland. The opening act was on for like an hour, and once they finished, we left. They didnt announce he cancellation until 10:15 or so. Im glad we werent there when they decided to cancel the show. A lot of angry people...

If anyone is planning on going to anymore of their remaining shows, you might want to look in to making other arrangements and seeing if the show is still on. Me personally, I will never EVER go see them again.

Here is a link to forums where a lot of rumors are swirling... http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showt...threadid=388500

If anyone hears anything about what might have happened, let me know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS cancelled their performance last night (Friday, August 22) in Tampa, Florida due to "inclement weather." However, according to several online reports from fans who went to the Ford Amphitheatre expecting the band to play, the announcement of the cancellation wasn't made until approximately 10:15 p.m., infuriating the roughly 6,500 STP fans who were none to thrilled to hear this so very late into the evening. One fan wrote BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "The storms they were attempting to lay blame on were in North Florida and were not impacting Central Florida or South Florida where they had played in Hollywood, Florida two days prior. They did cancel a show in Orlando on Tuesday evening which I completely understood and people were informed ahead of time due a tropical storm in the area."

Fan reactions to the cancellation and speculation as to the "real" reason for why the show was called off can be found on the Below Empty and TampaBays10.com web sites.

As previously reported, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland ranted incoherently between songs, forgot lyrics and fell backward into Eric Kretz's drum kit at one point during the band's show on July 30 at the Dodge Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona. According to a review by The Arizona Republic, Weiland came onstage and muttered something about STP and his previous band, VELVET REVOLVER, before the rest of the PILOTS had taken the stage. About a minute and a half into opening number "Big Empty", Weiland walked backward until he fell into the front of the drums.

The rest of the group — Kretz, guitarist Dean DeLeo and bassist Robert DeLeo — started playing several times throughout the set to cut off Weiland's continued comments between songs.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS launched a 65-date reunion tour earlier this spring, but Weiland's performances have been inconsistent throughout the trek so far, with the singer showing up more than an hour late for several shows and displaying erratic behavior onstage.

He was dismissed from VELVET REVOLVER for behavior issues in April and spent a month in rehab shortly before that. Weiland's drug problems derailed STP's career in the '90s but he was supposedly clean and sober from 2003 until his latest stint in rehab.

Dude, they're called mp3's...

We're no longer in the 90's.

Oh I and suppose your gonna try and tell me my VHS collection is out of date to huh? :wacko:

:D

Edited by tazinib1

One of the best American rock bands ever.

Not impressed, but since I'm an old fart, I'll take your word for it. I turned my daughter on to as much good music as I could (all progressive 70s stuff), and she liked it, but ultimately has gone her own way...makes sense I suppose.

Not impressed, but since I'm an old fart, I'll take your word for it. I turned my daughter on to as much good music as I could (all progressive 70s stuff), and she liked it, but ultimately has gone her own way...makes sense I suppose.

What kind of progressive 70's stuff you talking about? I'm not really a fan of progressive music, but there are a few bands that I dug. STP always struck me as a straight up rock band, which not too many bands are doing these days.

I went to a They Might Be giants show back in college: in the middle of the first song they stopped and asked the crowd if they could not be so loud because they couldn't hear their tape loops they were trying to play to. :wacko:

Worst band and show EVER.

I went to see Candlebox back in the mid-90's. Man, talk about a polar opposite for the "bands that are better live" thread. Their studio effort Candlebox was and remains one of my favorite top-to-bottom albums. Just no bad songs on that album.

But uh... seeing them live? I don't know if it was a singular event, but they were simply horrible. Kevin Martin, the lead singer, was sick. His voice sounded like ass and he was hockin' up loogies and spitting every couple of minutes. I think he even spit into the crowd once or twice. :wacko:

Me and my buddy - who liked them equally - kept looking at each other going :D:D

Still, after that, their debut album is one of my favorite set of songs ever.

They are the Winger of grunge.

Candlebox are the Winger of grunge. STP is a little better than that; they might be the Warrant of grunge.

Everyone knows that Bush is the Britny Fox of grunge, though.

Candlebox are the Winger of grunge. STP is a little better than that; they might be the Warrant of grunge.

It's weird, I never really considered Candlebox grunge, although they're definitely from that era and locale. :wacko: But yeah, when I think of grunge I think of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, obviously... but for some reason I put Candlebox into a different "box", so to speak.

:wacko: Candelbox stayed in the hotel room next to us during the first Lollapollaza. If Nirvana were the Beatles of Grunge, then Candelbox were the Monkees. They were the bubblegum joke of the Seattle Music Scene grugne era.

I've always thought that STP was a little unfairly criticized. Big Bang Baby is a great Red Kross rip-off.

:wacko: Candelbox stayed in the hotel room next to us during the first Lollapollaza. If Nirvana were the Beatles of Grunge, then Candelbox were the Monkees. They were the bubblegum joke of the Seattle Music Scene grugne era.

Don't be rippin' the Monkees, man.

I've always thought that STP was a little unfairly criticized. Big Bang Baby is a great Red Kross rip-off.

As opposed to their usual Pearl Jam/AiC ripoffs.

I went to a They Might Be giants show back in college: in the middle of the first song they stopped and asked the crowd if they could not be so loud because they couldn't hear their tape loops they were trying to play to. :wacko:

Worst band and show EVER.

Yikes. I've seen them twice and neither time was nothing like that.