[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gus Frerotte will start Sunday

MikesVikes

Gus Frerotte will start on Sunday over T Jax according to KFAN. News is coming directly from Vikings to their flagship station. This is very unusual in that the Vikes are offering this info and not playing the waiting game this time.

link

Edited by MikesVikes

Star/Tribune is reporting also. KFAN just had another update... looks like Childress is throwing T jack under the bus. Now I realize he isn't the guy to lead this team but he refused to go out and get a solid back up (Gus is not IMO) we listened to how he was his guy for months and months and now after 2 games he says T jack can't play, what an idiot.

Edited by dfv87

this might actually make their two receivers startable.

Exactly, I was holding onto Berrian in hope this might happen, now if he continues to stink it up then to the wire he will go.

Star/Tribune is reporting also. KFAN just had another update... looks like Childress is throwing T jack under the bus. Now I realize he isn't the guy to lead this team but he refused to go out and get a solid back up (Gus is not IMO) we listened to how he was his guy for months and months and now after 2 games he says T jack can't play, what an idiot.

Precisely. Childress has gambled with his coaching career on the ability of T Jackson guiding his team. Bad move.

Edited by MikesVikes

Childress is a Mary had a Little Lamb, he just said yesterday that T-Jax was his starter. Now he does a 180. I don't mind that Gus is starting but that is bad leadership. Players will and should not respect that kind of coach. Either stick behind your words or don't say them! This is strickly a cover you hinder move by Childress, but I guess if Gus stinks too he will no linger have a place to hide!

Gus might end up being the better QB this season, but he's still going to have to play within the confines of the frustrating Childress offense. So maybe now we will complete a couple more 3 yard passes before we punt. Good thing we didn't compromise with Houston to trade for Rosenfels. I think they were asking for a 2nd round draft pick, but we simply could NOT be bothered to go any higher than a 3rd rounder. Well played!

Childress is a Mary had a Little Lamb, he just said yesterday that T-Jax was his starter. Now he does a 180. I don't mind that Gus is starting but that is bad leadership. Players will and should not respect that kind of coach. Either stick behind your words or don't say them! This is strickly a cover you hinder move by Childress, but I guess if Gus stinks too he will no linger have a place to hide!

Sounds like the press was very brutal with their questioning and Childress started to back away from his QB after that.

Gus might end up being the better QB this season, but he's still going to have to play within the confines of the frustrating Childress offense. So maybe now we will complete a couple more 3 yard passes before we punt. Good thing we didn't compromise with Houston to trade for Rosenfels. I think they were asking for a 2nd round draft pick, but we simply could NOT be bothered to go any higher than a 3rd rounder. Well played!

Yes, but we can move up in the draft for the right to take T Jax in the 2nd round instead. :wacko:

FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LEADER

Hop on the bus, Gus

Scramble like the man:Fran

You don’t need to be coy, boy

Just get yourself free!

So, slip out the back, T-Jack

You don’t need to discuss much

Just drop off the key to A.P.

And set yourself free!

Thank you thank you vera much!

Gus might end up being the better QB this season, but he's still going to have to play within the confines of the frustrating Childress offense....

It really is a dull offense... plays require an inordinate amount of time to develop and execute, allows the defense to crowd the LOS, and ignores everything between the hash marks.

Naked bootlegs on 3rd and 5? Nevermind against a speedy D like Colts but is that ever a good idea???

Hop on the bus, Gus

Scramble like the man:Fran

You don’t need to be coy, boy

Just get yourself free!

So, slip out the back, T-Jack

You don’t need to discuss much

Just drop off the key to A.P.

And set yourself free!

Thank you thank you vera much!

ICWYDT and this is brilliant.