[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hair Bands

Scooby

break out the hairspray  

24 members have voted

1. 1. u know u like these

• WARRANT-she's only 17
    • POISON-talk dirty 2 me
    • SKID ROW-18 & life
    • JOURNEY-faithfully
    • DOKKEN-in my dreams
    • WINGER-headed 4 a heartbreak
    • WHITE SNAKE-is this luv?
    • DEF LEPPARD-pour some sugar on me
    • OTHER

Quiet Riot - We're Not Gonna Take It

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

I wouldn't really call Journey a hair band, but I've always like their stuff.

Twisted Sister.

Man, you people are terrible at this! I'll play hair band trivia with you all day long and clean up!

I'm never in touch with pop culture. :wacko:

Edited by Kid Cid

"Girlschool" by Britny Fox is either the pinnacle or the nadir of the "hair" genre. Quite possibly both.... :wacko:

Def Leppard began sucking dick once their drummer lost his arm....Hysteria is tolerable but Adrenalize is awful. But their first 3 albums are freakin' GREAT hard rock.

I also like the Vinnie Vincent Invasion's first album - check out the "Boyz are gonna rock" video; at around the 3:00 mark the guitar solo is wrapping up and Mark Slaughter (yeah, that guy) starts singing but Vinnie's havin' none of it - "it's my band, I'll solo as long as I damn well please!"

As far as Twisted Sister, "You Can't Stop Rock and Roll" is a jam and "Hot Love" sounds like a lost Cheap Trick song (high praise from me).

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone should be afraid to like hair band songs? :wacko::D

Is it because those that do just lhave that "follow the pack" mentality?

Some damn fine music came out of that era! And the videos weren't bad neither! Tawny wasn't bad, but give me some Bobbie Brown from the Cherry Pie video anytime.

Twisted Sister.

Man, you people are terrible at this! I'll play hair band trivia with you all day long and clean up!

Quiet Riot - Metal Health. I owned the cassette. REALLY liked the instrumental "Battle Axe" :wacko:

yes. quiet riot did that "come on feel the noise, girls rock the boys" song though, which might fit in this thread.

I think it was spelled the "bad" way - Cum On Feel the Noize or something like that.

Edited by cre8tiff

Quiet Riot - We're Not Gonna Take It

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

I wouldn't really call Journey a hair band, but I've always like their stuff.

Twisted Sister.

And as of last week they have decied to take if they had to, they prefer not to though