[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Childhood sitcoms you used to watch

Scooby

Friday night 12 steps to overcome denial  

40 members have voted

1. 1. pick your poison

• The Cosby Show
    • A Diff'rent World
    • The Jefferson's
    • Wonder Years--(comedy-drama)
    • Silver Spoons
    • Family Ties
    • Growing Pains
    • Mr. Belvedere
    • Other-please provide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid to admit watching "Cheers"? Not at all... it was a great show in it's time. I once went to the Bull and Finch, the bar the show was inspired by. The bartender had no sense of humor.... he didn't like to be called Sanny, Woody or Coach. So, I order some shots. The are called blow jobs, but the filter likely won't allow that.... call 'em blow-kaluha-voldka with whipped cream shots. These things are a pita to serve and clean shot glasses with. The bartender then tells me the bar has no shot glasses. You have to BUY freakin shot glasses if you want a shot of anything. So, I bought 12 of them.

Then, ordered 12 of these B-J shot drinks for the corner of the bar. The people I bought for then proceeded to order 5 more rounds, and "reluctant Sammy" had to wash the shot glasses every time. :wacko: I love bein me.

Scooby, you are younger than me... I would have added "The Monkees" and "Batman". BAM, PIFF, Kabloom!

Afraid to admit watching "Cheers"? Not at all... it was a great show in it's time. I once went to the Bull and Finch, the bar the show was inspired by. The bartender had no sense of humor.... he didn't like to be called Sanny, Woody or Coach. So, I order some shots. The are called blow jobs, but the filter likely won't allow that.... call 'em blow-kaluha-voldka with whipped cream shots. These things are a pita to serve and clean shot glasses with. The bartender then tells me the bar has no shot glasses. You have to BUY freakin shot glasses if you want a shot of anything. So, I bought 12 of them.

Then, ordered 12 of these B-J shot drinks for the corner of the bar. The people I bought for then proceeded to order 5 more rounds, and "reluctant Sammy" had to wash the shot glasses every time. :D I love bein me.

Scooby, you are younger than me... I would have added "The Monkees" and "Batman". BAM, PIFF, Kabloom!

I meant to say that I "purposely" left those out, as I (and most) wouldn't be afraid to admit to admit they watched these, a little blunder on my post....as with many :wacko:

Blow jobs, yep, the last one I had at "Dick's",of course, on the riverwalk in San Antonio.....time flies. I'm about to turn 34 translated in FF world, I'm as old as Jonathan Ogden, David Akers, Jason Taylor to name a few!!!

I watched many of those show (and more) and am most certainly not afraid to admit it. Only one I didn't watch was The Jeffersons.

darin3, how could you, you were once on my top 5 list, but that TU avatar has me sent me reeling---I'm an A&M grad

oh, but I am rooting 4 them tomorrow, the underdogs and a TX team...I know my limits!! :wacko:

darin3, how could you, you were once on my top 5 list, but that TU avatar has me sent me reeling---I'm an A&M grad

oh, but I am rooting 4 them tomorrow, the underdogs and a TX team...I know my limits!! :wacko:

on 2nd thought, maybe I should start a post on the college forum, schools U root for, but are afraid to admit it......A&M, oh well, let's get the FRANCH recruits out and turn a new leaf

Brady Bunch :wacko:

Watched the Monkees and bought their albums until my brothers told me I wasn't cool and introduced me to real rock and roll.

Sug, I loved that one too!! Tell that pesky bro to mind his own P's & Q's

oh, but I am rooting 4 them tomorrow, the underdogs and a TX team...I know my limits!! :D

Sorry Scoob... I'll get back into your top-5 within no time. :wacko:

Alf

:D That show was great. I mean, what could be better... a talking, furry alien and a hot teenage girl. I had a total crush on that one in the good ole 80's. Very underrated 80's Show Hottie if you ask me. :D

Watched the Monkees and bought their albums until my brothers told me I wasn't cool and introduced me to real rock and roll.

I've been looking on TVLand for the Monkees for awhile now...I loved that...

Can't say there's really anything I'm ashamed to admit of watching as a kid...there were some really weird Saturday morning cartoons/shows that were out there but to this day I still find them amusing...HR PuffNStuff, Sigmund and the SeaMonsters,...and what was the one with Shari Lewis and the hand puppets?...LambChop, SongthatneverEnded, etc...

The one I see today that really makes me wonder what kind of 'food additives' we were eating back in the 60's was the 'Banana Splits'...I loved that show when I was a kid and now it just makes no sense to me whatsoever...

Guess if I really had to be ashamed of watching a show it would be viewing 'Romper Room' in college and betting on the baby races... :wacko: