[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official "I Voted" Thread

kpholmes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted. Took about 25 minutes all-together. They had 17 booths set up.

Also, I am a big dumbass. When filling out something on the bottom of the ticket (some inconsequential local office), I accidentally put a small pen mark in the oval for the candidate I didn't want to vote for. I didn't think anything of it and I filled out the other oval completely. Then when I went to put my ballot through the scanner, the scanner started peeping really loudly and wouldn't accept my ballot. All of the old lady volunteers laughed at me. Seriously.

Then I had to fill out an entirely new ballot.

:wacko:

Voted last week at a local "Asian" grocery store. Not only is it closer than the "normal" grocery store, but it's cleaner and doesn't have a billion Hispanic kids running around. So, not only did we vote (took about 15 minutes) but we found a new place to shop. It has "normal" grocery items, too! :wacko:

I voted this A.M.

Got there around 6:30am and the line was waaay too long given the time I had (probably an hour plus). Went home, took a shower, got the chitlins ready for school, then went back to vote. About 20 minutes that time.

Oh... and to answer for cdrudge, he and I are both from Fort Wayne, IN - population of approx. 350,000 including surrounding areas. Word has it we're play after having voted Republican for years and years.

I voted.

I got there at around 10:45 and there was a decent line, but, it moved quickly. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. This was the first time I ever got to vote on an electronic ballot. It was much easier than it ever has been before.