[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you do this?

H8tank

That looks fun as hell.

Absolutely

Sweet Downhill! We have some tracks like that, but not that long!

Yep

Actually... yeah. Wait, no. I've done something like that before but probably not ever again. :wacko:

Almost. I've certainly done single track decents that crazy but never cut into the side of a mountain with a drop-off like that. Well, at least I could never open it up when I was on the edge of a cliff like that. I remember a week in Moab and we went down some crazy stuff. However, at the end of the Poison Spider Mesa ride, the decent is cut into the side of a cliff with a drop-off that would equal certain death. I totally wimped out and rode my breaks down the entire time. Mind you, so did pretty much everyone I was with.

I've always been more of a road biker so I'm way more comfortable going up to 50 or 60 on the road than half that speed on a trail.

Speaking of at night though. That reminds me of when I lived in Sun Valley ID. They had these brand new bike paths they built and one ran up the hill to the Dollar Mtn bunny slopes. After work, one of the waitresses I worked with, her boyfriend, and I used to put on halogen head lights and roller blade down it. That was really, really, really fun.

Many years ago I would have done that with no problem. I used to be into some pretty extreem dirt bike/quad racing in events like the Blackwater. I am certian that I cheated death a few times. Once I was the lucky enough to get a helocopter ride and not have to wait at the emergency room.

Different time in life.

It's nice to know that there are so many bikers/cyclists here.

Detlef, next time you're in Moab, since you're also a roadie, do the La Sal Mt. road loop... one of my favorite road rides.

Thanks for the heads up, though it could be a while now that I'm on the east coast. However, my SIL lives in Salt Lake City so I suppose it's possible. Too bad it costs about as much to check a road bike into luggage as it does to check yourself into an airplane seat.

Truth :wacko:

Fortunately, the last time I went out to Cali to do some riding, my friend who works at Santa Cruz Bicycles was able to hook me up with one of his co-workers who's one of those guys who collects bikes. Just happened to be about my size so he loaned me a pretty cool road bike.

I offered to pay him and he just said that he's been similarly hooked up in the past so he didn't feel right about accepting it. One thing for sure, I'm likely going to get a new ride pretty soon and retire my current Bontrager to the indoor trainer. If any of my friends around here ever have a buddy in town who needs a loaner, I'm hooking the dude up.

I've never done anything like that on a bike. But i used to monkey for a guy in motorcycle side car racing on the ice of the great lakes in Michigan. We were in the 750 and up open class. Can't tell you how many times i had my facemask scarred by the studs on the rear wheel of another bike. Or the time we got cut off in a race and i was driven into the snow bank head first. Raced the rest of the day but had to be taken to the hospital afterwards, had a broken collar bone and a concussion. Boy beer, brandy and other essentials sure cured a lot of pain, plus it was really cold :wacko: