[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help my wife and I resolve this question about underwear

wiegie

Should children wear underwear under their pajamas?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should children wear underwear under their pajamas?

• yes
    • no

My wife and I are having a debate:

I think children should wear underwear under their pajamas

My wife thinks that wearing underwear under pajamas is not only unnecessary, but perhaps even unhealthy (and that I am just being prudish for thinking that underwear should be worn under pajamas). (Note: my wife wants me to make sure that I inform you that the kids wear a fresh clean pair of pajamas every night.)

What are your thoughts on this topic?

"Wearing PJ's with no underwear would mean having to throw them in the washing machine about 3 times as often. Go green; wear underwear."

Sure everyone knows you don't have to wash underwear. :wacko:

Going commando!

Edited by jackshi17

My wife thinks that wearing underwear under pajamas is not only unnecessary, but perhaps even unhealthy (and that I am just being prudish for thinking that underwear should be worn under pajamas).

man, europeans are weird. how is it unhealthy to wear underwear? I mean, I can understand a more grown person deciding they like to wear PJs with no underwear to sleep, underwear with no PJs, both, or neither. but it seems like kids may as well wear them. I do believe kids tend to have pee drops, skid marks and the like...keep that contained to the undies. another thing...if your wife gets her way, I sure hope they don't have any PJs with zippers :wacko:

"Wearing PJ's with no underwear would mean having to throw them in the washing machine about 3 times as often. Go green; wear underwear."

Sure everyone knows you don't have to wash underwear. :wacko:

I don't understand the problem: You wore boxers all day. They were going in the wash anyway. Rather than throw them in the wash before putting on PJ's with nothing underneath, wear them under your PJ's. Next morning, hang PJ's up, throw yesterday's underoos in the wash. Now you don't have to wash the PJ's as often.

:D

I know Wiegie has boys but I still answer the question the same way. Yes. Underwear should be worn. Especially for girls because no unerwear for girls could lead to yeast infections even at a young age.

my boys both wear underwear as their pajamas. One usually wears a shirt to bed, one is usually only sleeping in his boxers. When they wore pajamas, they went commando. They were more comfortable. I only wear my boxers to bed. I want to be more comfortable.

It's all about comfort. If they're more comfortable with underwear under their pajamas, let them sleep that way. If they're more comfortable without, let them sleep that way.

Edit: I didn't vote in the poll because you used the word "should." In this instance, there is no "should."

Edited by untateve

No matter how tihs poll comes out she'll still think she is right. It could be 40-0 in your favor and she'll stick with her opinion.

+100000000000000000000

I voted for yes to the underwear. Our daughter wears underwear everynight with her night gowns, gets a fresh clean pair on after her shower and a new pair in the morning.

I don't understand the problem: You wore boxers all day. They were going in the wash anyway. Rather than throw them in the wash before putting on PJ's with nothing underneath, wear them under your PJ's. Next morning, hang PJ's up, throw yesterday's underoos in the wash. Now you don't have to wash the PJ's as often.

amusingly enough, it was exactly this line of thinking that got my wife and I discussing the topic. She was talking about how many loads of laundry she washes in one day and I said that I couldn't understand how we had so many clothes to wash. And then she said that she washes our boys' pajamas everyday. I said that you don't need to wash them everyday. And then she started explaining about how pajamas need to be washed everyday because it would be gross if they weren't washed everyday. That is when I found out that didn't think people wore underwear when they wear their pajamas.

(And the funny thing is that our sons still wear diapers when they go to sleep so this isn't even an issue yet.)