[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting a chihuahua...

Puddy

So am I to summize that all pure breeds should be wiped from the face of the earth? F'n dog nazi's.

My cat was adopted from a local shelter and she's been great (well at least to the family. She doesn't particularly care for visitors).

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got both of my cats from rescue organizations and they have been great. And yes, both of my cats would kick the poopy out of any Chihuahua that Puddy decides to get.

Both mine came from rescue organizations too. They weigh 40 pounds between them so Puddy's chihuahua would be seen as lunch.

So am I to summize that all pure breeds should be wiped from the face of the earth? F'n dog nazi's.

My cat was adopted from a local shelter and she's been great (well at least to the family. She doesn't particularly care for visitors).

Meh. No way. We have a pure-bred Black Lab and she's beyond awesome. She's stereotypically spastic, but that's part of the fun of having a Lab. Tons of energy... keeps us active! Now, if her uncle didn't give her to us for a ridiculous price, we wouldn't have gone and spent the $1,000+ on a dog like her... we woulda just gone to the pound.

We'll go to the pound to get another dog and cat here in a few months.

You guys should have a Chihahua/Twilight party

:D

E: Maybe they can take some pics and go see Atomic afterwards. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Top 20 Gay-meter from least to most:

1. Me

4. Soup

11. Cats

17. ChuckB's party

19. Puddy nekkid

20. Chihuahua

Good info here.

Unless, of course, Ursa wants to get in to a cyber-fight on who's cats are more bad ass...:wacko:

Top 20 Gay-meter from least to most:

1. Me

2. Skippy

4. Soup

11. Cats

17. ChuckB's party

19. Puddy nekkid

20. Chihuahua

Decent info right there and once again someone saved me from typing it all out. Thank you TimC!

Puddy, what is wrong with a real dog like say a Boston Terrier?

Decent info right there and once again someone saved me from typing it all out. Thank you TimC!

Puddy, what is wrong with a real dog like say a Boston Terrier?

I suggested a Boston Terrier as well if she has her heart set on a small dog. I just think 2 skittish nippy dogs (If they follow the chihuahua trend) may ruin the whole dog owning experience for you. Especially if it is 2. I know you said you wife really wants it. For me its not a matter of a wears the pants type of thing I just think you might want to discuss it with her further based on the opinions of people like sugar etc. Boston terriers are just as bug eyed

Down payment has been made. We will own a chihuahua (or two) within a week. I think it will be fine. I'll keep you updated (and probably lie if the experience sucks just to appear that we made a good decision).

Edited by Puddy

Down payment has been made. We will own a chihuahua (or two) within a week. I think it will be fine. I'll keep you updated (and probably lie if the experience sucks just to appear that we made a good decision).

Good luck. Pay alot of attention to them and they will trust you guys. Just dont let Chuck B go all Richard Gere on them

Edited by whomper

Puddy bringing another illegal alien in this country. :wacko:

My Grandmother had chihuahuas all the time. Please, for the love of God, don't let them get so old that they become blind and most of their teeth fall out and you still keep them alive. Every visit to my Grandmas I had to deal with a nipping no-teeth blind vicious lil rat whose tongue was hanging out constantly because it was partly paralyzed as well. That dog was just screaming for me to kill it there near the end. I just couldn't bring myself to do it since I only saw her on special occasions and didn't want to ruin the day. The sad part is they outlive their own body by at least 2 years.

Enjoy the new pup. Hers was named Poncho and Peppy. Then when they finally died she named the next group, Poncho II and Peppy II. I sh_t you not. We're not a very creative people.

You have my heartfelt condolences. I will keep you in my prayers.