[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I guess when it rains it pours...

rocknrobn26

We lost an Uncle of mine today. 85 years old. My Cuz's (I've talked about her a lot around her) Dad. Saw him last summer (They lived in FL since the mid 80's) and he didn't look well. He had a multitude of problems over the last 15+ years, but he was a fighter. I have very fond memories of him over the years. He was the Fire/Safety Chief of Motorola just outside Chi. What a character. If we were at his house (he had a Police/Fire band radio IIRC), or he at ours and heard a fire engine or a call on his radio, he'd grab me by the arm and say "C'mon...Let's go!" and chase after the thing, even if he was in the middle of playing cards w/ my mom and dad, eating dinner, whatever. Used to piss my Dad off to no end! :D I'm gonna miss that guy.

Here's to you Uncle Ben :wacko: No more pain or suffering. Just Peace.

sorry for the loss RR....funny story though, everybody needs an Uncle Ben :wacko:

+ 1, I have an uncle Ben (Jennings) that when I was little, he always stirred up stuff. Would find the most annoying toys for me (laser pistol that made noise, nerf guns, nerf bow and arrow, etc.) just to tweak Dad. When we'd go out he'd put me up (as an 8-10 year-old) to pinching the bottoms of good-looking women, or asking them questions, telling them they had nice ta-tas, etc. When I got older he treated me like an adult before anyone else, letting me do things (drive at 14 on a real road) that would make my mother fall over if she knew. God I love that guy. He's in a little rough shape of late and has had to give the running of his company over to his son. Now he treats my 9 y/o nephew just like he did me and my sister goes nuts whilst I howl. Ahh, the good ole uncle Ben...

Thank you all! :D

He was a "Special Uncle". I was blessed being born into a loving, caring, fun, large Polish/German family (17 cuz's on my Mom's side alone, another 7 on my Dad's side). As was said on "All in the Family"...."Polish families are close". Very true in my case. Great memories! :D

I had many good times, good talks with him. He'd send me 6 page letters. I'd call him, cause I hate writing letters. He was good w/ that. I loved the man dearly, as I do his wife Rene. Just got off the phone w/ her (We can talk for hours, very sharp, astute lady!) She is fine. She see's it as a blessing, due to his suffering over the years. She'll hopefully move back up here and live w/ my cuz. I hope so, because since their move to FL, her visits have been too infrequent.

Scooby,

Testing your knowledge of Polish....

My Unk's last name and of course my Mom's maiden name means "Plum" in English. Can you tell me his/her last name? No cheating goggling it. :wacko:

rr26

+ 1, I have an uncle Ben (Jennings) that when I was little, he always stirred up stuff. Would find the most annoying toys for me (laser pistol that made noise, nerf guns, nerf bow and arrow, etc.) just to tweak Dad. When we'd go out he'd put me up (as an 8-10 year-old) to pinching the bottoms of good-looking women, or asking them questions, telling them they had nice ta-tas, etc. When I got older he treated me like an adult before anyone else, letting me do things (drive at 14 on a real road) that would make my mother fall over if she knew. God I love that guy. He's in a little rough shape of late and has had to give the running of his company over to his son. Now he treats my 9 y/o nephew just like he did me and my sister goes nuts whilst I howl. Ahh, the good ole uncle Ben...

YES!!!! That's what I'm talking about!

Good stuff WV...GOOD STUFF!

How about the rest of you? Share your Unk stories. :wacko:

Sorry to hear RR.

Maybe it's the name but I also have an Uncle Ben and is he by far the most colorful of my 8 uncles. He has story after story (I think at least half are embellished) about his life 'experiences'.

:wacko: Cheers to Uncle Ben.