[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Valentine's Day Gifts/Plans...

irish

What did you get or have planned for the wife, hubby or significant other? Do you make it a big deal or not? If you've been with your partner awhile has the celebrating lessened over the years?

Are you writing a book :wacko:

Yes, how'd you know. What would you like me to include about you? With a name like bone I'm sure you have some good tales. Then again, I could just be striking up some conversation during a dead time here on the boards to see what creative ideas/items Huddlers have come up with for Valentine's Day. Sorry if you're diappointed about me not putting a book together. I could still ask my 4 and 7 yr olds to draw a picture of you giving your partner a gift and then send it out to you? Hell, I'll even laminate it to spice it up a bit! :D

Buddy and I were talking about this last night. He said he bought his wife a 13 piece bedroom suite. I asked him what it all consisted of and he said a dozen rubbers and an army cot.

:D Now there's an idea.

Edited by irish

copy/paste

done. Or is that a hint as to what you got your lady? Like a guessing game!!

Ummm... a Xerox- All in one copier/printer/fax with an all new pasting center?

ETA: Boy, I'm in a quirker/silly mood today. It's fun though!!

Edited by irish

My wife and I have decided to get new dishes and too actually go out for a change since we haven't done that in awhile. I know it's not romantic but it's practical and money well spent.

I usually order flowers. We used to not do presents and just spend the money going out someplace nice (started in college when we were poor). We did presents for a few years lately and this year we are just going back to going out. I have reservations at a steakhouse I've never been to and is more expensive than its probably worth. The truth is though, the 100 bucks or so I may throw at dinner doesn't really matter in the long run. We hardly ever go out (baby) so I'd rather just live it up a bit then each of us buy presents for each other and then hit up a reasonable place. Should be fun though.

Weekend getaway on the coast in Half Moon Bay, CA. Probably check out some restaurants, shops, nightlife, etc. Playing the two Half Moon Bay golf courses on Sat/Sun, assuming the weather cooperates... the "Ocean Course" on Saturday (which is a links style) and the "Old Course" Sunday, which is more of the traditional tree-lined course. They both look phenomenal online... really looking forward to a fun weekend. Luckily, my wife likes to play golf (although she's not a fanatic like I am). :wacko:

I got her a small bonsai plant for her office and we'll probably order in some dinner tonight. I don't ever buy roses, chocolates or a card.

The bonsai plant is definitely a unique idea. I don't do flowers either as my wife really doesn't like them. She's okay with chocolates but they aren't a big deal either. Cards are such a money-making thing but I have to admit I usually get one. The dishes were a perfect gift this year for us.

Edited by irish

I usually order flowers. We used to not do presents and just spend the money going out someplace nice (started in college when we were poor). We did presents for a few years lately and this year we are just going back to going out. I have reservations at a steakhouse I've never been to and is more expensive than its probably worth. The truth is though, the 100 bucks or so I may throw at dinner doesn't really matter in the long run. We hardly ever go out (baby) so I'd rather just live it up a bit then each of us buy presents for each other and then hit up a reasonable place. Should be fun though.

This is some solid thinking and what we've been trying to move toward recently. We have 2 kids. Just getting out is a thrill in and of itself.

Weekend getaway on the coast in Half Moon Bay, CA. Probably check out some restaurants, shops, nightlife, etc. Playing the two Half Moon Bay golf courses on Sat/Sun, assuming the weather cooperates... the "Ocean Course" on Saturday (which is a links style) and the "Old Course" Sunday, which is more of the traditional tree-lined course. They both look phenomenal online... really looking forward to a fun weekend. Luckily, my wife likes to play golf (although she's not a fanatic like I am). :D

Now...I'm jealous!! That's going to be a great weekend and way to celebrate together! Have fun.

Thought about going out to dinner but we decided against facing the crowd. I'm going to grill lobster tail, shrimp, and steak. Probably down a 6 pack and watch a movie.

Plain, simple and comfy at home. And zero travel might I mention for the post movie dessert. :wacko:

Thought about going out to dinner but we decided against facing the crowd. I'm going to grill lobster tail, shrimp, and steak. Probably down a 6 pack and watch a movie.

That is what I've done the last few years. I'll buy the best piece of meat I can find, and add some seafood to go with it. Last year it was steak, shrimp, scallops, stuffed mushrooms, wild rice, and a salad. For dessert we had strawberry shortcake. I did all the cooking. I'll also get her some flowers, and get her and each of our kids a small box of chocolates.

I'm grilling some nice fat prime fillets on the Big Green Egg tomorrow paired with a bottle of Turley I snaked off my wine snob friend. We aren't officially doing gifts this year which means I get her something and I get my present later :wacko:

that's pretty much like our house, David Yurman isn't in the budget, per se:

http://www.davidyurman.com/shoponline/subc...lets&page=1

saving $$ for a vacation, and need to cut back until we sell an oil deal, come on oil prices--sorry everyone, liked that $4 gas this past summer