[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty owners

MustOfBeenDrunk

This year in my dynasty leagues interest / involvement seems to have dropped off drastically.

Trades to this point are down about 30% Visits to the messages boards are down to almost nothing.

We have one or two owners that contribute to more than half the trades and message board post.

Are you guys seeing the same thing in your leagues ?

Is this lack of interest mainly in the bigger money leagues ?

Hopefully things will pick up after the NFL draft but I get the feeling not.

For me personally, it is not a lack of interest, I just have had the perfect storm of non-football related matters come up right in the middle of RFA season for my IDP Dynasty. Our house finally sold, and w bought a house, so that is taking up a good deal of my time and attention, work is about as busy as ever for me these last few weeks, which is good but also time consuming, and I have had a number of family commitments to tend to as I have a couple relatives in poor health that are drawing my attention and trying to spend enough time with my kids.

In my experience though, most leagues buzz for a while after the draft, and then taper back down until the preseason games start up. Us diehards just never taper down, as every nugget of info is interesting to us, like what Michael Crabtree had for breakfast or if Stafford has a hangnail.

Invite TBone 65 to join your league. Trades will be up 120%. Watch out for him though he rapes and pillages

Funny you say that because in a couple of my leagues we have a team owner named T-bone who has been involved in 11 of the 14 trades so far this off season. that is 14 trades for 3 leagues ,, last year at this time for the same 3 leagues we had 21 trades ?

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

I quit my keeper/dynasty leagues in all sports but basketball. I think a draft or auction is the most fun part, so why take all that fun away? Keeper leagues became more work and stress than the fun that came from them. Maybe we're getting older, or maybe we have become a bit over-saturated on fantasy football. Either way, my inerest is definitely down. I just don't feel like putting in all the extra work anymore.

I quit my keeper/dynasty leagues in all sports but basketball. I think a draft or auction is the most fun part, so why take all that fun away? Keeper leagues became more work and stress than the fun that came from them. Maybe we're getting older, or maybe we have become a bit over-saturated on fantasy football. Either way, my inerest is definitely down. I just don't feel like putting in all the extra work anymore.

:wacko:

But you do have time for basketball? :wacko: Is that even a real sport?

But you do have time for basketball? :wacko: Is that even a real sport?

Actually I had quit my keeper basketball league two years ago, then finally caved in to my closest friend's pleads to join an auction keeper league he was starting. I made sure I got Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson and Spencer Hawes so it would keep my interest. The NBA always has been and always will be my favorite. Likewise, basketball has always been my favorites sport to play. I know many of you left the game post-Jordan, but the NBA game is quickly becoming a team game again, thank goodness. l will always argue that the best basketball players are the most amazing athletes in the world (yes, Lebron could play football.)

I've been the commish of yearly auction leagues in basketball and football for the last five years or so, which I've found seems to be a pretty good way to go about things. There are never any problems with adding teams or losing teams, and every team can go into the season optimistic about their chances, which I have found makes the offseason a lot less stressful.

The fantasy sport I can't play at all anymore is baseball. I got in a league this season for the first time in five years. They aren't even a month in and I can't wait for the season to end so I don't have to pay attention anymore. The steroids stuff completely made me lose interest in the game, and I honestly don't know if I'll ever come back.

Lol Obviously a comment from someone who either has never playedthe sport, or wasn't any good at it...

No I liked playing it and watching college but the NBA is a different matter. Pampered athletes, bogus refs. Besides this is a football site.

Not true. My team was in the chhampionship, yet Im trading all the time. Gotta stay ahead of contracts.

Agreed. Of the 16 starters on my GMX Championship team last year, only 2-3 are likely to be on my roster and starting this year. Sometimes it's fun just to shake things up also. :wacko:

I guess another reason could be as simple as the lack of offense talent coming out of collage this year.

Since a majority of trades that take place this time of the year in dynasty leagues involve draft picks and with little or no talent except the broken foot Crabtree, Moreno, McCoy & Wells interest has falling off. Not saying that the last two years talent is or will be better but you can't argue that the hype was much greater the last two years.

:wacko: