[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gas Grill Recomendations

Perchoutofwater

My gas grill is on it's last leg. I've replaced the burners twice. I was wanting to know what y'all would suggest for a new grill. I've got a smoker, so this would be just for grilling. I'd like the grilling surface to be a minimum of 36" wide, and preferably 42" wide. I'd like something that will last more than a couple of seasons.

I just felt a disturbance in the force.

:wacko:

I have a basic Perfect Flame from Lowe's and can't say a bad thing about it. If you're one of those people that need a big name brand with bells and whistles, maybe it's not for you (It's Lowe's store brand, I believe). But hey, starts up fine, cooks evenly, cleans up easily and looks alright. Bargain if you ask me.

Darin, all I'm looking for is a bunch of BTU's, reliability and quality. I don't care what brand it is. I just don't want to have to change out starters or burners or something else every season.

Darin, all I'm looking for is a bunch of BTU's, reliability and quality. I don't care what brand it is. I just don't want to have to change out starters or burners or something else every season.

When I did my shopping, I found that the Perfect Flame grills had comparable BTUs to the higher-priced name brands. I'm not seeing them listed on Lowe's website anymore, and did see a blurb or two about recalls when I did a Google search.

Does look like they (Lowe's) has some good prices on Char-Broils, though, and I've heard good things about them.

Did The Sun call to get it's heat back?

:wacko:I don't know what the BTU rating is on that sucker, but I burn through propane awfully fast. The thing I love about it is that I can really do steaks well with that searing power and turn around and do chicken low and slow to perfection. It uses the same "vaporizer" type design the Webers use - no flame ups.

You are doing yourself a disservice if you purchase anything but a Weber. If you can spring for it, go for the Weber Genesis Gold simply because the stainless steel construction will last forever. I got the one with the side burnner, it makes things easier some times when cooking for large groups, but it isn't essential. We got it when we moved into the house in 2001. All I do is hit it with the pressure washer in the spring (a project for today as a matter of fact) which is really easy because of the way that everything comes apart (exceptionally well engineered). I've had it well up over 700 degrees so heat is not an issue. We tend to grill a lot more than other people, at least three times a week all year round, and we haven't had to replace a single part in the entire time we've owned it.

A Weber will be more dollars up front, but in total cost of ownership, it will be cheaper in the long run and may possibly outlive you.

Just another thought. The Weber burners run the length of grill left to right and are positioned front, middle, back. Even if you do not purchase a Weber, make sure that whatever you do get has a three or more burner configuration that allows for the middle to be turned off. This is to allow for both direct and indirect cooking. If you don't know about these techniques, they are essential to getting the most out of your grill, this includes even the little charcoal ones. Check out the Weber site for more information on direct and indirect grilling. They also have recommendations as to which of their grills may be the best for you.

Edited by Kid Cid

My gas grill is on it's last leg. I've replaced the burners twice. I was wanting to know what y'all would suggest for a new grill. I've got a smoker, so this would be just for grilling. I'd like the grilling surface to be a minimum of 36" wide, and preferably 42" wide. I'd like something that will last more than a couple of seasons.

The outdoor stove entices with its ease of use and natural aroma of propane. I will suppose there is great joy in pushing a button and experiencing instant flames of blandness. There is much sadness to be found in your post.

You are doing yourself a disservice if you purchase anything but a Weber. If you can spring for it, go for the Weber Genesis Gold simply because the stainless steel construction will last forever. I got the one with the side burnner, it makes things easier some times when cooking for large groups, but it isn't essential. We got it when we moved into the house in 2001. All I do is hit it with the pressure washer in the spring (a project for today as a matter of fact) which is really easy because of the way that everything comes apart (exceptionally well engineered). I've had it well up over 700 degrees so heat is not an issue. We tend to grill a lot more than other people, at least three times a week all year round, and we haven't had to replace a single part in the entire time we've owned it.

A Weber will be more dollars up front, but in total cost of ownership, it will be cheaper in the long run and may possibly outlive you.

Just another thought. The Weber burners run the length of grill left to right and are positioned front, middle, back. Even if you do not purchase a Weber, make sure that whatever you do get has a three or more burner configuration that allows for the middle to be turned off. This is to allow for both direct and indirect cooking. If you don't know about these techniques, they are essential to getting the most out of your grill, this includes even the little charcoal ones. Check out the Weber site for more information on direct and indirect grilling. They also have recommendations as to which of their grills may be the best for you.

I am a humble, some would say passive, man. However, when I am confronted by evil, I can do naught but stand against it. The link posted by he who would mislead you has been corrected. I can show you the path--but I cannot make you step upon it.

I am a humble, some would say passive, man. However, when I am confronted by evil, I can do naught but stand against it. The link posted by he who would mislead you has been corrected. I can show you the path--but I cannot make you step upon it.

Pure genius! :wacko:

Caveat: I'm no grilling pro by a long shot.

I bought myself a combo gas and charcoal grill. Two grills in the same unit. One grill is gas the other grill is charcoal.

Works pretty well for deck parties of 40+ people.

Char-Griller Duo

I just bought this baby a month ago and it is great!

I am a charcoal guy most of the time, but having this allows me to smoke ribs and then finish them off on the gas side.

Best of both worlds . . .

You are doing yourself a disservice if you purchase anything but a Weber...

I have to agree with this 100% ... the darn things just LAST, and after 4 years on my current Weber, even the electric starter button thingy still fires up 1st click/every time, I've never had the electric start last more than 1 season on any other brand of grill I've owned.Then again, all I do with the thing is cook burgers, steaks, dogs, etc all summer long (nothing "exotic"), so I can't offer any thoughts on the "gas v charcoal" situation, benefits of smokers, on and on ... but if you want a grill that will be reliable and last you for more than a season w/low or no real maintenance ... get a Weber anything.

Edited by ts