[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, this NEVER happened to me before (ever)

muck

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record ... it was a pizza place with a bar area and some big-screen TVs all over the place (really no different than a place like Pizzaria Uno or Old Chicago) ... not really a "bar" bar (if you will) ... again, it seemed (and still seems) pretty innocent to me ... and, my logic regarding flashing my ring at her at the get-go was "I'm not moving anything; I do not want to encourage this by changing my body language" ... so, since I was sitting with my arms folded, elbows on the table (which resulted in my left hand being tucked under my right elbow), my ring was 'hidden'. I figured keeping my arms folded, leaning forward (as opposed to arms down, leaning back, shoulders turned towards her) was a pretty obvious "I'm not really into this" gesture. :wacko:

Maybe could have taken a different tack, but that is what I did and why I did it.

But out of fairness and curiosity, you could have taken several steps to separate yourself from the situation once you learned that she was hitting on you and you didn't, correct? I think an obvious flash of the wedding ring may have been a far more effective maneuver than holding your stance.

I am not condemning you at all. As I said in my earlier post, I think there's a natural curiosity and this ended up pretty harmless. I just wonder why you didn't remove yourself from the situation. Was the conversation that stimulating? Were you just so determined to enjoy your time at the pizza place? Or was there a part of you that kind of enjoyed the attention or situation?

Not at all. As long as you only do the things your wife refuses to do, it's all good. :wacko:

I take it Mrs Swampnuts is no longer looking over your shoulder.

You wouldn't narc a brother out would you?

What happens in the Tailgate stays in the Tailgate.

muck and everyone else, just remember this for next time...the best way for all involved to diffuse this type of situation in the future would be to take out your phone, start snapping pictures, and say "hold on, I need pictures of this so my imaginary internet friends will believe me."

:wacko:

So, Muck...maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what did you decide to do? Tell the Missus or not? Just curious.

I discussed your situation with my wife (keeping your handle silent in the event we work with you on our finances!) and she looked at me like I were crazy when I asked her if she'd want to know. Short answer: NO WAY.

So, Muck...maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but what did you decide to do? Tell the Missus or not? Just curious.

I discussed your situation with my wife (keeping your handle silent in the event we work with you on our finances!) and she looked at me like I were crazy when I asked her if she'd want to know. Short answer: NO WAY.

I just told her the version of something along the lines of "you won't believe what happened" ...

She laughed.

I told her I wanted her to know.

She said, "Just in case it got back to me that my husband was seen with another woman." More laughter.

...all's good...

Thanks!

Not at all. As long as you only do the things your wife refuses to do, it's all good. :wacko:

This is true. The other day I picked up a hooker. When we got in the room she said "What do you want to do?" I said just stand there and dont nag me .

This is true. The other day I picked up a hooker. When we got in the room she said "What do you want to do?" I said just stand there and dont nag me .

:wacko: that's got to be one Incredible feeling.....was she able ta do it :D

• 3 weeks later...
Did you take Mary back to the room? :wacko:

:D

The offer was open, but I've never done anything without my wife's explicit approval for nearly 20 years. I surely didn't do it last night. Mary was nice enough and nice enough looking, but the social interaction is enough for me to get whatever fantasized jollies I need.