[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't taze me, sonny!

rocknrobn26

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: wow, that guy should be ashamed of himself. he will never live that one down, 20 years from now the other cops will still be giving him schit for that one.

clearly uncalled for, but what really makes me want to puke is her going on TV afterward, looking all proud and persecuted like a dignified victim. b*tch, you broke the law and acted like a petulant 5 year old. you should be just as ashamed of yourself as the cop, if not more. he was clearly wrong to do it, but you kinda deserved what you got.

She gave an interview right away and said she was cooperative etc, then they released the tape. She isn't talking anymore. Intially, I sided with grandma, but after seeing the video she was asking for it. She is not like my grandma.

I say she was in the wrong. You show disrespect to a person of the law you get what's coming to you. Who knows what she would have done? Could she have had a gun doubt it but you never know. She could have walked back out into traffic and got smoked by a car and then what - it would have all been teh cops fault for not doing something and he would have got his ass sued.

She got what she deserves and she spoke up and lied and now she is quiet, I sure hope she does not sue and win.

I wish he had put some lead right in that bishes forehead.

Wearing our jackboots today, I see.

Any cop who can't handle an unarmed 72 y/o grannie, (barring unusual circumstances like she's the world seniors kickboxing champ or something) without a weapon shouldn't have his badge.

Wearing our jackboots today, I see.

Any cop who can't handle an unarmed 72 y/o grannie, (barring unusual circumstances like she's the world seniors kickboxing champ or something) without a weapon shouldn't have his badge.

i agree with you 100%. but what if its the dept policy to tazer to keep from injuring yourself or the offender. that guy tackles her, she breaks a hip possibly. plus they were on a busy road too. but he def shouldve been able to handle her.

That video linked in the first post was curiously edited. I looked around on youtube and found a longer version, which clearly shows the old lady being very confrontational.

That being said, that guy was easily twice her size and clearly was physically capable of restraining her. The tazer seems over the top to me, but frankly it never gets this far if she just signs the ticket like most law abiding citizens would do.

i agree with you 100%. but what if its the dept policy to tazer to keep from injuring yourself or the offender. that guy tackles her, she breaks a hip possibly. plus they were on a busy road too. but he def shouldve been able to handle her.

Oh, I'm not saying she wasn't an idiot and didn't deserve arresting, but tazing?

Oh, I'm not saying she wasn't an idiot and didn't deserve arresting, but tazing?

isnt tazing used to subdue with minimal injury to both parties? he couldve tackled her, but wouldve crushed her. and then everyone would be saying why did he take her down so hard. tough call for him. not like he has time to look back at the game film.

only in Texas :wacko:

I have no problem with the hag being tazed, and neither should the citizens of the town in which the officer worked. Had she just signed the paperwork as politely asked, both would have been on their way. Who knows what criminals/speeders got away because he was stuck dealing with this nutjob much longer than necessary?

He was damed if he did, damned if he didn't. So he tries to "handle" her and ends up leaving her bruised or with broken bones. Everyone will then accuse him of using excessive force. So he tazes her and everyone says he could have handled a 72 year old woman. No win situation for him.

He was damed if he did, damned if he didn't. So he tries to "handle" her and ends up leaving her bruised or with broken bones. Everyone will then accuse him of using excessive force. So he tazes her and everyone says he could have handled a 72 year old woman. No win situation for him.

Can't agree more.

You know, you might've just changed my mind about this. :wacko:

He should have tazzed her nipples. Then rested his bean bag on her forehead

I very much disagree.

There is no reason that a situation in which a person refusing to sign a traffic ticket should get hauled out of their vehicle and eventually tazed. This is a mere civil infraction that should never escalate to use of force.

The officer could have called a tow truck, had her car impounded, mailed the ticket that she refused to sign and let the Texas RMV handle the rest. Indeed that's what he should have done. If she left the scene he could have done the same thing by sending the tow truck to her house to impound the car.

I don't know what line of thinking leads someone to believe that something so inane should result in an old woman (or anyone for that matter) getting tazed. Tazing speeders is not in the job description, and there are other ways to deal with someone that merely won't sign a ticket.

There is no reason that a situation in which a person refusing to sign a traffic ticket should get hauled out of their vehicle and eventually tazed. This is a mere civil infraction that should never escalate to use of force.

The officer could have called a tow truck, had her car impounded, mailed the ticket that she refused to sign and let the Texas RMV handle the rest. Indeed that's what he should have done. If she left the scene he could have done the same thing by sending the tow truck to her house to impound the car.

so you're saying it's the cop's job to let her do what she wants and leave it to the tow truck driver to diffuse the situation? :wacko:

I'm pretty sure he could have handled the situation without tazing her. but make no mistake, he HAD to handle the situation.

I very much disagree.

I don't know what line of thinking leads someone to believe that something so inane should result in an old woman (or anyone for that matter) getting tazed. Tazing speeders is not in the job description, and there are other ways to deal with someone that merely won't sign a ticket.

Did you watch the video that kt linked? At 1:23 of that video she tells him "Take me to jail." Over and over you see her bring up the fact that she is a "72 year old woman" almost as a threat and continue to get in the officers face. He continues to try and get her to step back and at 1:51 she even says "Go ahead, taze me" and at 2:07 again says "I dare you." She was in no way, shape or form at all co-operative with the guy trying to do his job. The fact is she thought she could not only break the law by speeding, but also refuse to sign the ticket, and be non-compliant just because of her age and gender.

I do agree he could have gone to other steps to handle the situation, but if she had just signed the ticket in the first place it wouldn't have gotten that far anyway. Looks to me like she brought most of it on herself. :wacko: