[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddleisms that make it to your "real" life...

darin3

If I had of been drinking the Vitamin Water sitting next to me when I opened the latest email from my Mom, it may have wound up all over my laptop.

She was talking about some friends that are in a bit of a financial mess, and said they have a "hugh mortgage payment".

:wacko:

Any recent experiences where Huddleisms make it to your everyday activities? Other than the occasional moran, of course. :D

No, but I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to write something and add an :wacko: or :D graemlin so my sarcasm or hughmor would be recognized, but ended up not writing it because if taken seriously it would possibly offend. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

No, but I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to write something and add an :wacko: or :D graemlin so my sarcasm or hughmor would be recognized, but ended up not writing it because if taken seriously it would possibly offend. :D

Yeah, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that will throw an ":D" or ":D" into an email, text or Blackberry message to a fellow Huddler. :2cents:

When texting other huddlers I throw in the : : all the time. I wish i could put it in emails with everyday people too

Alot of huddleisms used on facebook which is funny when someone outside the Huddle reads a wall post that was written by someone from the huddle

I like Soup threw a few :unsures: recently and some people were really not sure what it meant :wacko:

In creating some copy text for trailers I have been working on, I know for a fact that legal kicked one back to me because I spelled "hugh" instead of huge without even thinking of it, or mentally acknowledging it when I QC'ed it before it routed....

In creating some copy text for trailers I have been working on, I know for a fact that legal kicked one back to me because I spelled "hugh" instead of huge without even thinking of it, or mentally acknowledging it when I QC'ed it before it routed....

:wacko: I di soemthing similar...I was IM'ing someoone through our internal system at work and used "hugh" instead of "huge"... she aid I was terrible at spelling... I just had to laugh because when I tried to explain why it happened (and I heard myself explaining it), it sounded like a really dumb excuse.

:D I di soemthing similar...I was IM'ing someoone through our internal system at work and used "hugh" instead of "huge"... she aid I was terrible at spelling... I just had to laugh because when I tried to explain why it happened (and I heard myself explaining it), it sounded like a really dumb excuse.

:wacko:

Momo gets used a lot. My entire crew calls each other momo's pretty often. They all know where it came from and get a kick out of words making it into normal speach that started off on a message board.

I have found myself typing hugh a few times in some sort of memo or somthing that is official.

Though not here often as most, back during shrimp season the crew was just not clicking one morning while putting out the nets to get to work, and I just shook my head looked at them all and said......."I am surrounded by a tribe of momo's today!" Then after it took me awhile to figure out where I got that one from, then later in the day after the afternoon break to top it off, I purposedly said..."Alright, brack to work!" So, you don't have to be a diehard for this place to stick with you :wacko: .