[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Mason retires

PaulOttCarruth

dang, I had him as a viable 3rd or 4th WR

Wow. A lot of fans had him as a viable sleeper. Their only draft pick pass catcher was TE Drew. They also have Heap and LJ Smith.

They could throw to Ray Rice.

Edited by Randall

He was a pretty good player. Just wondering if the McNair thing made him take a step back and think about things. From a "life is short, I need to be with my family" type of perspective.

I absolutely think so

He was a pretty good player. Just wondering if the McNair thing made him take a step back and think about things. From a "life is short, I need to be with my family" type of perspective.

I've been thinking his death played a role too.

I was a big fan of Mason. I don't follow the Ravens much, but Mason always seemed to take care of his business well. He seemed like a hard working, non-trash talking guy and I dug that about him. I enjoyed having D on some of my squads over the last few years. :wacko:

Imagine how different the last few years might have been for him had he signed with the Pats rather than the Ravens a few years ago. Ah well, hopefully he'll adjust to his retirement better than McNair seemed to.

Maybe he would've caught that pass that Gaffney dropped last year (against Indy, I think?) that cost the Pats a playoff spot.

dang, I had him as a viable 3rd or 4th WR

Viable? He was, year in/out, one of the best WR3s or 4s around. You knew he wasn't blowing up, but he wasn't going to fall off a cliff either. I was targeting him as a cheap auction pickup.

Damn that inconsiderate bastage for not thinking about all us FF players and only himself. :wacko:

I firmly believe Mason un-retires and plays at least 1 more season.

He might, but I wouldn't underestimate the effect McNair's death might have had on him. He's made money and I don't remember him ever being in trouble or having 90 kids or anything like that, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's really gone.

I tokk him in RFA in a dynasty league. I knew he only had a year but, didn't think it would be this year. He's always been a very consistant rec. and that's what I took him for but, if he feels it's his time then it's his time. Good luck to him.