[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philosophy

Thews40

What do you do?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Close the door and go again.
    • Walk out the door and choose not to go again.
    • Still thinking
    • Puddy
    • Post yet another ninja cause they're still funny

Hypothetical scenario: You are killed in an accident involving many people. After the accident, you see all the souls that perished with you, but no one speaks. A door opens up, and green light emanates from it. You watch as all the other souls walk towards the door and through it, but you can't go towards the door. The closer you get to the door, the more you feel it push you away. A second door opens up, emanating blue light, and you feel drawn to it.

You walk through the door alone, and inside is a chair and a table with a letter on the table. The Letter reads as follows:

Dear (insert your name here),

I have chosen you to live a second life if you wish, but only if you choose to. The purpose of your next life will not be known to you until it's over, but I believe it's in your best interest to choose to live a second life on earth. If you choose not to, I’ll understand. If you choose not to live again then exit this room and walk through the door with the green light. If you chose to live another life, close the door and remain inside.

What do you do? :wacko:

discuss...

PS... please keep organized religion out of this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious. Close the door and go again, since it seems that the existence of God is now known to you and he is hinting that you should opt to go round again ("The purpose of your next life will not be known to you until it's over, but I believe it's in your best interest to choose to live a second life on earth.")

It's obvious. Close the door and go again, since it seems that the existence of God is now known to you and he is hinting that you should opt to go round again ("The purpose of your next life will not be known to you until it's over, but I believe it's in your best interest to choose to live a second life on earth.")

That's what I'd do... I'd just go again... You aren't gonna remember until it's over anyway... :wacko:

Edited by Thews40

Well, so?

If he's giving you the option, you don't have to do what he says and you still get to go through the green door.... though maybe the green door isn't one you want to go through.... :wacko:

:wacko:

I go ahead and close the door, and go for another whirl. life on earth is pretty interesting.

Yeah, but there's a "been there, done that" sense to it in this scenario.

yep

but your memory is wiped clean, if I understand the scenario correctly. besides, it's what the door-master is asking you to do. it's got some higher purpose.

But, if your memory is erased, then you wouldn't remember that the reason you were given a chance to go back was due to the offer of a "higher power"...

yep

But, the "higher power" will be aware that I won't know that I have been given a second chance and so the fact that he (or she or it) is STILL advising me to do it again, means that I am going to do it again.

Edited by wiegie

but your memory is wiped clean, if I understand the scenario correctly. besides, it's what the door-master is asking you to do. it's got some higher purpose.

But, if your memory is erased, then you wouldn't remember that the reason you were given a chance to go back was due to the offer of a "higher power"...

But, the "higher power" will be aware that I won't know that I have been given a second chance and so the fact that he (or she or it) is STILL advising me to do it again, means that I am going to do it again.

Where does it say that you get your memory wiped? It says you won't know the purpose of your second go-round until it's over but it doesn't say anything else. Perhaps you go back fully aware of the previous life.

Round 2 keep your hands up and protect yourself at all times.

I would go through the green door in hopes that it is heaven. I had a nice run as Whomper and I dont want it wiped out as I jump into another body. I want to enjoy salvation as Whomper and say hello to my Grandparents and others I have lost here. Unless of course the green door isnt heaven. Then I hightail it back here like a son of a bitch.

...Dear (insert your name here),

I have chosen you to live a second life if you wish, but only if you choose to. The purpose of your next life will not be known to you until it's over, but I believe it's in your best interest to choose to live a second life on earth. If you choose not to, I’ll understand. If you choose not to live again then exit this room and walk through the door with the green light. If you chose to live another life, close the door and remain inside.

What do you do? :wacko:

discuss...

PS... please keep organized religion out of this.

I am highly skeptical. Why would a higher power make the mistake of ending a sentence with a preposition? Why should we believe that this power is a power of truth and good? It could very well be malevolent. The fact that my name is already on the letter and that the letter is in English makes me think that Chris Angel is somehow involved. Would HE want me to take the blue door? If so, would I WANT to follow his suggestion?

In the end, I choose the 2nd chance at life. But state that "scrap the whole idea if I'm to be a Cowboy fan!"