[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does the phrase really mean what I think it means?

muck

"...tickle her fancy..."

As in, "Mary really likes Jim. He really tickles her fancy."

All I can figure it is a euphamism for a most personal response of the female to the male...

:wacko:

...I have found myself snickering to myself ever time I hear it said in an old movie when used far more flippantly than I believe it was originally intended...

...and, if I'm wrong, what exactly is "a fancy" that a man can tickle on a woman?

Edited by muck

It does make you wonder. Not entirely unlike how "shot his wad" has managed to work it's way into normal conversation.

My guess is that tickle her fancy comes from the use of "fancies" to mean "likes". "She fancies crab cakes". Perhaps, having one's fancy tickled would mean that someone figured out what you fancy and hooked you up with it?

"...tickle her fancy..."

All I can figure it is a euphamism for a most personal response of the female to the male...

no it doesn't mean that :wacko:

It does make you wonder. Not entirely unlike how "shot his wad" has managed to work it's way into normal conversation.

that doesn't mean that either. I'm guessing that one originated with a "wad" of money.

f'n perverts.

fan⋅cy  /ˈfænsi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fan-see] Show IPA noun, plural -cies, adjective, -ci⋅er, -ci⋅est, verb, -cied, -cy⋅ing, interjection

–noun

1. imagination or fantasy, esp. as exercised in a capricious manner.

2. the artistic ability of creating unreal or whimsical imagery, decorative detail, etc., as in poetry or drawing.

3. a mental image or conception: He had happy fancies of being a famous actor.

4. an idea or opinion with little foundation; illusion: Her belief that she can sing is a mere fancy.

5. a caprice; whim; vagary: It was his fancy to fly to Paris occasionally for dinner.

6. capricious preference; inclination; a liking: to take a fancy to walking barefoot in the streets.

7. critical judgment; taste.

I don't see the coochie-coochie listed or implied anywhere in the definition of the word.

pervert :wacko:

"...tickle her fancy..."

...I have found myself snickering to myself ever time I hear it said in an old movie when used far more flippantly than I believe it was originally intended...

...and, if I'm wrong, what exactly is "a fancy" that a man can tickle on a woman?

It means there is no love lost between Jim and Mary

Hhow to load a musket

Step 1.Standing up, set the hammer to "half cock" for safety reasons. You'll be looking down the barrel quite a bit, and you don't want the hammer on full cock, which if kicked or dropped, might cause the musket to fire.

Step2

Grab a charge out of the box or from your ammo pouch. Tear off the top of the charge with your teeth and keep the ball that was on the top in your mouth. Pour the powder down the barrel. Put the ball of lead into the barrel and put the wadding from the package on top.

Step3

Take the ramrod and tamp the powder, the ball and the wadding into the barrel. The wadding is there to make sure that the ball and gunpowder stay put.

Step4

Add some gunpowder to the flash pan below the trigger and fully cock the musket.

Step5

Aim for the biggest mass you can on the battlefield because this weapon is not very accurate. Once you've set you sights on your target, press the trigger and the hammer will come down. This strikes flint against the pan, causing the gunpowder behind the ball to ignite and the weapon to fire.

You can also see here the origins of the phrase "going off half-cocked"

All this fancy talk reminds me of a sales person my husband used to run into from time to time in his office. She wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and they'd have this conversation:

Chris: Fancy meeting you here!

Person: Yes, isn't it?

Chris: :wacko:

All this fancy talk reminds me of a sales person my husband used to run into from time to time in his office. She wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and they'd have this conversation:

Chris: Fancy meeting you here!

Person: Yes, isn't it?

Chris: :D