[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The League"

yo mama

Has anyone else seen the ads for this new show? Should come on right after "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" which is great.

Looks freakin' hilarious. Its details the secret fantasy football inner monologue of twelve guys in a league together as they traipse through real life. The previews are awesome. Who among us hasn't privately worried about a kicker decision while at funeral, pondering if the funeral home has wi-fi? Raise your hand if you've thought about your stud running back while nailing the Mrs. I'm sure I'm not the only who's been down by a few points while the Mrs. stood in front of the TV Monday night, yammering about some nonsense, thinking, "dammit woman! if we we're married I'd push you out the freakin' a window."

Whose with me! :highfive:

Edited by yo mama

Has anyone else seen the ads for this new show? Should come on right after "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" which is great.

Looks freakin' hilarious. Its details the secret fantasy football inner monologue of twelve guys in a league together as they traipse through real life. The previews are awesome. Who among us hasn't privately worried about a kicker decision while at funeral, pondering if the funeral home has wi-fi? Raise your hand if you've thought about your stud running back while nailing the Mrs. I'm sure I'm not the only who's been down by a few points while the Mrs. stood in front of the TV Monday night, yammering about some nonsense, thinking, "dammit woman! if we we're married I'd push you out the freakin' a window."

I need to log in to view that trailer... and can't seem to find it anywhere else... any other links?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:wacko:

I just finished watching the season premiere. Absolutely hilarious. I learned a new term tonight..."roster-bating". You have to check it out.

some funny parts but not that impressed.

some things kind of bugged me. for example, all the characters take it so seriously yet two people not on the show are doing an auto draft? i don't know, maybe that's minor, but overall just thought it was only mildly funny.

Ahhh...this is the 2nd season of the show. It premiered last year at this time. Might be on DVD. I thought it was pretty funny overall. At least the chicks are hot.

It's got some funny parts, as long as you keep in mind that these guys are more of the novice variety fantasy football player. In other words, when I first saw the previews for this show last year, I was thinking it would be portraying more of the die-hard type of fantasy football league. But, in actuality, that would probably be a little bit too much for the audience that this show is intended for... in other words, the show is INTENDED for the novice, not die-hards, necessarily.

Most of the leagues I am in are pretty serious (and a lot of them are BOTH leagues here). The one league that reminds me a little bit of this show is my "local" league with guys from work... none of them are into fantasy football nearly to the extent that I am, and I won't even tell them how many leagues I am in, or that I subscribe to a fantasy football website (much less how much time I spend here). Yet, most of the guys in my work league think that they're an expert... because they read Sportsline's weekly "Start 'Em Sit 'Em" article, or some Yahoo article, for example. Some of them talk about how their wives give them a hard time for being "so into fantasy football"... yet, they wouldn't even know what PPR or IDP stand for.

So, when I watch this show, I sometimes catch myself thinking that certain things are pretty lame... 8-team league, two guys aren't even at the draft, some of the players drafted (and where they're drafted), etc. But, then I have to remind myself... the show is intended to target a much broader audience of FF players than the guys who are in 10 leagues, half of which are IDP dynasty leagues.

Caught the first episode, love the show. You have to take it for what it is, a comedic sitcom.

Funniest line I heard was after they did their draft, one guy just gloating over his lineup, another guy says something to the effect of "....quit rosterbating". Hilarious...love the term and can't believe I never thought of it. Now the ending scene with him actually rosterbating was a little much :wacko:

Caught the first episode, love the show. You have to take it for what it is, a comedic sitcom.

Funniest line I heard was after they did their draft, one guy just gloating over his lineup, another guy says something to the effect of "....quit rosterbating". Hilarious...love the term and can't believe I never thought of it. Now the ending scene with him actually rosterbating was a little much :wacko:

How they decided the 1st pick was great.

Pretty funny, and heck... it's fantasy football related, so ya gotta watch, right?

For those that watched last season, are all 8 owners actually in the show? It would be kinda hard to follow 8 guys... maybe that's why they said the other owners were "auto-drafting"... :wacko:

Pretty funny, and heck... it's fantasy football related, so ya gotta watch, right?

For those that watched last season, are all 8 owners actually in the show? It would be kinda hard to follow 8 guys... maybe that's why they said the other owners were "auto-drafting"... :wacko:

Pretty sure it was the same core group we saw in this episode last season as well. If you haven't watched season 1 it's worth watching if you can get it on netflix or something.