[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strangest scary thing happened yesterday afternoon.

Perchoutofwater

So the wife and kids are at school. I take the day off as it is the first sunny day in about two weeks. I decide to smoke a brisket, so I'm out in the back yard smoking the thing, sitting by the pool just absorbing the sun and reading a book. I go to take some trash in and get another drink, as soon as I open the back door I'm face with a 6'-2" guy in his late teens or early twenties. I came very close to dropping the crap in my hands and drawing down on him until he opened his mouth. Turns out the kid is mentally challenged, you can tell as soon as he says his first word to me. He was looking for a pencil sharpener. He was in the neighborhood drawing pictures of houses. He had knocked on my door but I must have been in the back yard. My wife must have left the front door unlocked when she let the dog out to pee in the morning. I had LuLu in the back yard with me and she was preoccupied with Duke. Had LuLu been inside like normal I doubt the guy would have come in because she has a chit your pants bark, and she barks at anyone that comes near a door or window. Anyway needless to say for about 5 to 10 seconds yesterday I was pretty darned scared. Probably the only reason I didn't draw down on him was because of the amount of time I've spent with mentally handicapped people and realized there was something off with the guy.

Well I owe you an apology.

I was out back with my cup of coffee fixing to smoke one before the cardiac kid wakes up. I look in and notice our pencil sharpener is in plain sight, chuckle about that turn around and there's a field mouse in the dog dish eating. The creep in from the alley in the spring and fall. I shot it in the face with the pellet gun that was, of course, handy.

Sorry.

:wacko:

Well I owe you an apology.

I was out back with my cup of coffee fixing to smoke one before the cardiac kid wakes up. I look in and notice our pencil sharpener is in plain sight, chuckle about that turn around and there's a field mouse in the dog dish eating. The creep in from the alley in the spring and fall. I shot it in the face with the pellet gun that was, of course, handy.

Sorry.

:wacko:

:D Not 6'2"

Pretty paranoid to be carring while smoking a brisket and reading a book by the pool at home alone.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. :wacko:

Edit to add: I'm setting the over/under at 78 for the number of times perch has used the term "draw down on him" in conversation since yesterday.

Edited by Big F'n Dave

Well I'm certainly glad you almost shot that kid while exercising your gun rights.

I'm certainly glad that as a responsible gun owner he thought about the situation first.

An unknown and unexpected person inside your house is most certainly a good reason to pull a gun on someone. It would be easy to let adrenaline take over in a situation like this and throw down. To actually process the infomation and quickly realize that it is a non-threatening situation is the action of a reasonable and responsible gun owner. Not everyone that owns a gun has a shoot first mentality.

Pretty paranoid to be carring while smoking a brisket and reading a book by the pool at home alone. I'd have had to puch him in the face and run back to the bedroom to get a gun.

Still looking for the hog running around out in the woods behind the house. I had my .454 Super Redhawk on me not my 1911. Plus I did kill a water moccasin in the back yard a week or two ago.

The strangest thing of all this is that Perch named his dog after Randall.

What else would you call a little bitch?

Well I'm certainly glad you almost shot that kid while exercising your gun rights.

I didn't come anywhere near shooting the kid. I never took my gun out of the holster. You came as close to getting shot as the guy that came in my house.

Did you take him back to his barbwire enclosure?

Actually my wife the special ed teacher says he should be in a group home. Apparently his elderly parents were visiting some friends up the street and lost track of the guy.

Something unexpected in the house is very intense , especially if the family is home. My neighbor was watching TV and had his garage door open during the day and the neighbor across the street, who just moved in at the time, has a pit bull that got loose. Imagine this guys surprise watching TV and a starnge pit bull just showed up in his living room. He had pained his garage which is why he had the doors open to air it out a little. Thank God the dog wasnt vicious and let the guy just lead him out

. Not everyone that owns a gun has a shoot first mentality.

Not everyone that owns a gun carries them around like Rambo either.

Disclaimer** I exempt Perch from this beacause he has raving gangs out emotionally disturbed kids in his town, plus feral hogs and water moccasins and lives in a semi-rural area.

This would not go over well in my quiet suburb. . . . .

Not everyone that owns a gun carries them around like Rambo either.

Disclaimer** I exempt Perch from this beacause he has raving gangs out emotionally disturbed kids in his town, plus feral hogs and water moccasins and lives in a semi-rural area.

Dude, I used to do that until I picked up a few specialized claymores that are inscribed "Front Toward Retards" and placed them along the perimeter of my property. They seem to be able to read, as I have had no encounters with them. I must be living right.

I have had no encounters with feral hogs or vipers, most likely because there are not indigenous to the area. Alas, my opportunities to draw down are limited. :wacko: