[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speeding Tickets

nuke'em ttg

I have never had a speeding ticket, but I must say technically, I got one when I was married to a cop.... yes, I was married once before Scooby's hubby...the trooper just told me if my cop hubby (now ex) would call him and chat, he would tear the speeding ticket up, which is exactly what happened.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only by the will of Allah that I never got a DUI back in the day.

Oh hell yeah, it's somewhat amazing I never got arrested pre 25 years old. Learned my lesson though. Now when I do the occasional alcohol binge I jump on my bike, jack the local coke dealer, rob the convenient store, assault a couple hookers then pedal home safely. Higher payoff, less chance of arrest and govt. retribution.

Two when I was younger, both should have been DUI. The second one I was on my way back from bachelor party, had my buddy passed out in the seat next to me when we got pulled over. The cop got me out of the car, I stank of booze, and he started giving me every roadside test he could think of. I was passing every one. Walk the line, recite the alphabet backwards, cross you legs, put your head back and touch your nose. He ever used the follow the finger and blind you with the flashlight trick. It was about this time that another car load of guys from the bachelor party goes on past us, hooting and hollering out the window, blowing the horn at me. Made a real good impression I guess, because the cop wrote me up for 65 in a 50, no reckless, no DUI, just go home and don't let me see you again tonight. Quite a different day and age back then. I might not see the light of day for a week if I pulled something like that today.

Oh yeah, one in the Vette about four years ago now.

I usually get pulled over at least twice a year. My former job had me involved in law enforcement a lot and they usually said slow down and that was that. I haven't had a ticket for about five years. My get out of jail free card will go away soon, with my change in job last Feb.

Edited by Rebellab

I usually get pulled over at least twice a year. My former job had me involved in law enforcement a lot and they usually said slow down and that was that. I haven't had a ticket for about five years. My get out of jail free card will go away soon, with my change in job last Feb.

You now accepted it?

Last one was in Atlanta, 7 years ago. It was a spot I drove past twice a day where there were frequent speed traps. I always checked my speedometer to make sure I was doing the speed limit, 45. One day I'm coming back from lunch, I approach this area doing 45, go over the hill and see the cop with the radar gun. He gets out in the middle of the road to flag me down, and I'm like :wacko: ...as I approach he yells "Sixty-four!!" in his loud Georgia drawl. He reminded me of the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket and there was simply no reasoning with him. I went to court and they offered to knock it down so that it was only a civil offense and no points off my license, either 54 or 59, I forget. I took the deal and still paid a good amount of money, around $100 I believe. I could have gone back for a trial but it was a huge hassle going there the first time and I knew it would be his word against mine and I'd probably lose. I don't know if he clocked someone else or the gun malfunctioned or he was just a complete a-hole, but it still pisses me off to this day.

Back in 1986, I got a 66 in a 55 from a Virginny state trooper that was BS. I may have been doing 60. It was on an old country road and no one else was around. Just a simple tactic to collect some money. I also got a reckless driving for squealing tires in my Camaro and a failure to yield within 6 months around that time. Nationwide dropped my ass. F 'em.

About 10 years ago, I got a 55 in a 45 coming home from a Christmas party at 3 AM. The cop was training another guy and made me take the whole DUI test. It was like 12 degrees and they were fishing for anything other than speeding. I was sober by then. F'n cops.

I do most of my speeding at the track.

Last one was in Atlanta, 7 years ago. It was a spot I drove past twice a day where there were frequent speed traps. I always checked my speedometer to make sure I was doing the speed limit, 45. One day I'm coming back from lunch, I approach this area doing 45, go over the hill and see the cop with the radar gun. He gets out in the middle of the road to flag me down, and I'm like :wacko: ...as I approach he yells "Sixty-four!!" in his loud Georgia drawl. He reminded me of the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket and there was simply no reasoning with him. I went to court and they offered to knock it down so that it was only a civil offense and no points off my license, either 54 or 59, I forget. I took the deal and still paid a good amount of money, around $100 I believe. I could have gone back for a trial but it was a huge hassle going there the first time and I knew it would be his word against mine and I'd probably lose. I don't know if he clocked someone else or the gun malfunctioned or he was just a complete a-hole, but it still pisses me off to this day.

:D don't trust your soul to no backwoods southern lawyer

Waaaayyy to many in my misspent youth 15+? . . .I could have lost my license for going 90-ish in a 55 on the Chicago tollway.

For those scorng at home, ALWAYS got to City hall to contest a tollway ticket. The state trooper (which has juristiction on the tollway) NEVER shows up which = a dismissed ticket.

I was looking at 6 months suspension and a hefty fine . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

Only 2 in 20 years but the last one was a doozie!

2 years ago I was on a back country road in western Wisconsin going over 100 (speed limit 55). Slowed down at a bend when the cop passed by me. He got me at 76 or 78. I was very polite and apologized so he knocked it down to 9 over. More than 30 (I think) over is automatic loss of license.

I've had 2 actual speeding tickets. Add to that a couple of warnings, and a pair of seatbelt violations.

For those that paid tickets < $100...I wish I lived where you lived. Around here, the court costs alone usually start above $100 and rise based on how far over the limit you are. If you are caught in the city, they have a deferral program that is the usual cost of things, plus an extra $81 in court costs plus then you need to go a year without another violation or else you pay again and still get the points.

For those scorng at home, ALWAYS got to City hall to contest a tollway ticket. The state trooper (which has juristiction on the tollway) NEVER shows up which = a dismissed ticket.

It depends.

I showed up for a ticket in New York and the cop didn't show. The judge said I'd have to come back for a new court date, and it wouldn't be dropped. I asked what would happen if the cop didn't show again, and he said "He'll be fired".

Paid for a 79/70 last month. $195 :D That was the first I've had in several years. My biggest was 88/55 when I was 15. Never had to pay it, tho. I think the old man took care of it, but to this day he swears he didn't. :wacko:

Paid for a 79/70 last month. $195 :D That was the first I've had in several years. My biggest was 88/55 when I was 15. Never had to pay it, tho. I think the old man took care of it, but to this day he swears he didn't. :wacko:

You had to pay $200 fookin' dollars for a 9-over ticket? Son of a beach!

You had to pay $200 fookin' dollars for a 9-over ticket? Son of a beach!

On I-10, city cop (Crowley PD), $177 + $18 to use the cool new CourtMoney website to pay it. F'n ridiculous. :wacko:

I got pulled over for the first time since like 2003 this week.

I wasn't speeding at all, and I did nothing wrong.

The cop pulled me over to let me know that my license plates were going to expire soon... :wacko:

Then he checked my license and insurance and let me go.

I didn't think it was legal to pull someone over when they did nothing wrong whatsoever and check them out, but maybe I'm wrong.