[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tailgate Rules?

Lady.hawke

I have been involved in two threads that have recently been locked.

They were political in nature and I cannot help but think that the hammer came down only after there was spirited opposition to a plethora of leftist viewpoints run amok.

If that is the political leaning of this site, so be it.

There was a very good question asked of me from untateve on the last page of the "Rush" thread that I was unable to answer, but most likely would have led to an interesting discussion.

I would just like to know what the rules are.

politics are not allowed at the tailgate because they inevitably lead to uhm..."spirited discussions". That almost inevitably spiral out of control. Which is a shame because I really do enjoy them tremendously.

Politics do sneak back in to the tailgate when someone is distracting DMD (we usually send out wiegie to do a naked dance on DMD's lawn) but sooner or later, DMD refocuses on the tailgate and breaks out the trusty threadgun. If you thought it was in reaction to some brilliant rhetoric on the right, you are deluding yourself. To his credit DMD is an equal opportunity thread deleter (though interestingly I think he was way more lenient on Obama attacks than Bush attacks. Shows you how our political leanings influence our perception I guess.)

But let me ask you this: what are the odds that an overweight, gun toting (real gun not thread gun), Cowboy supporting, Texan is a democrat? :wacko:

I cannot help but think that the hammer came down only after there was spirited opposition to a plethora of leftist viewpoints run amok.

Your Limbaugh victimhood is showing. :wacko:

We should have a politics forum. I have said it for years. People can go in there and go nuts. It never stays civil and pollutes the TG IMO.

We should have a politics forum. I have said it for years. People can go in there and go nuts. It never stays civil and pollutes the TG IMO.

And a religion forum and a sex forum and a .......

Meh... we don't need anything here that isn't already here. I mean, they added a cooking forum for cryin' out loud... what more you want whomp? :wacko:

I have been involved in two threads that have recently been locked.

They were political in nature and I cannot help but think that the hammer came down only after there was spirited opposition to a plethora of leftist viewpoints run amok.

There was a very good question asked of me from untateve on the last page of the "Rush" thread that I was unable to answer, but most likely would have led to an interesting discussion.

I would just like to know what the rules are.

Right, because not believing Rush is the victim of an unfair media witch hunt is a "leftist viewpoint run amok"

Go back and read the post that inspired your lame Fergie=Rush comparison and find the leftist viewpoint.

You can't be real. If I had to guess, I'd say skins reinvented himself as a comically deranged, ultra-right windbag for amusement of his left-leaning brethren here at the huddle.

And a religion forum and a sex forum and a .......

Meh... we don't need anything here that isn't already here. I mean, they added a cooking forum for cryin' out loud... what more you want whomp? :wacko:

The cooking forum was made to satisfy the Gays

Thank goodness there is a separate photography forum. All those tens of picture posts from those elitist photography snobs was really making me mad. Now that they're gone, this is a better place.

You're a Birther. untateve's question would not have led to any meaningful discussion.