[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you let your daughter go?

NAUgrad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting closer, but there are still unanswered questions.

1) Do you know the boys? Somebody your daughter hangs out with regularly?

2) Same question for the other girl.

3) Do you know the parents? Trust them to supervise?

Some of this also depends on how much you trust your own child to behave properly. When my daughter was 12, I would have trusted her, so I just need to know if I can trust the rest of the people involved.

So my answer remains, it depends.

Okay, so here's my opinion. I just thought it would be fun to see you guys respond to this.

I don't know the parents at all, or the kids that she will be hanging out with. I'm inclined to offer my daughter that she invite the 4 of them over to my house so I can be right next to them the entire time. I trust my daughter to make good decisions, but I'm not about to put that to the test. Even if the parents say they will be in the house the whole time, I'm still not comfortable with it. Where in the house will they be exactly and when do the kick the boys out to go home.

For the record, my 12 year old has a cell phone but is not allowed to text or call anyone but my wife and I unless she has approval first. This may be a little over the top, but I'm not f'ing around with this cell phone or middle school stuff.

Any thoughts I'm not considering?

Edited by NAUgrad

Okay, so here's my opinion. I just thought it would be fun to see you guys respond to this.

I don't know the parents at all, or the kids that she will be hanging out with. I'm inclined to offer my daughter that she invite the 4 of them over to my house so I can be right next to them the entire time. I trust my daughter to make good decisions, but I'm not about to put that to the test. Even if the parents say they will be in the house the whole time, I'm still not comfortable with it. Where in the house will they be exactly and when do the kick the boys out to go home.

For the record, my 12 year old has a cell phone but is not allowed to text or call anyone but my wife and I unless she has approval first. This may be a little over the top, but I'm not f'ing around with this cell phone or middle school stuff.

Any thoughts I'm not considering?

Sounds like you have a handle on it. Not sure why they are calling this a Halloween party though. Sounds more like they just want to hang out with some boys & just using that as an excuse. It's very possible the other parents are thinking the exact same thing as you are in that they want to have the boys over at their house in order to keep a close eye on them. I know I would trust my daughter, but I know I would never trust some boy I've never met (and put the fear of God into) with my daughter, especially at that age.

Yeah, the church group girls back in my youth were the real goers to.

In fact, there were some pews at the church that I could not look at the same. or the area behind the altar. yeah, those overnight deals at the church were interesting, even without the priest fondlings.

In fact, there were some pews at the church that I could not look at the same. or the area behind the altar. yeah, those overnight deals at the church were interesting, even without the priest fondlings.

:wacko: You are one twisted mofo...

Haven't you met these families at church each and every Sunday??

Unfortunately no. The church has become quite large and there a ton of people I just don't know now. I actually play at one of the 4 services so I'm kind of stuck in that service from week to week. I go to alot of different events, but haven't met them officially yet.

:wacko: You are one twisted mofo...

Twisted, yes, but the majority of the post is true. As far as I know, none of the priests at this church fondled anyone, but I obviously can;t say for sure.

ETA: And I am in no way trying to imply anything about NAU's kid, just saying that assuming that because this other girl or these boys are in a church group makes them any less likely to act upon their animal impulses is silly. Most of the above was freshman/sophomore year of high school happenings.

No way my kids spend the night with someone I don't know. That doesn't mean that they have to be my best friends, but you can bet I'm going to be calling my friends that do know them asking about them, and that I am then going to do hat amounts to an interview with the parents prior to allowing my child to spend the night with them. If I feel the least bit put off by the interview or hear anything the least bit concerning from friends that know them, then my kid stays home with me.

No way my kids spend the night with someone I don't know. That doesn't mean that they have to be my best friends, but you can bet I'm going to be calling my friends that do know them asking about them, and that I am then going to do hat amounts to an interview with the parents prior to allowing my child to spend the night with them. If I feel the least bit put off by the interview or hear anything the least bit concerning from friends that know them, then my kid stays home with me.

+1

I remember a party I went to in the 8th grade with 2 other guys and about 8 girls. The parents were home and we were down in the basement. Each time the girl's mom opened the door to the basement, it made a distinct sound and we then had a good 4-5 seconds before she was at the bottom of the stairs and could see what was going on.

When I saw this question I thought about that party and immediately thought, no way in hell. But then I remembered only three of those girls were game, and the rest were having none of the making out and I'm sure if we had drugs or alcohol they would have freaked out and left. I hated them.

So it comes down to how well you know your daughter...but not knowing the parents would be a concern for me too.

Just to have some fun.

Okay here's a little more VITAL info.

There will be 2 girls and 2 boys at the party. That's it. Not sure what the parents have planned yet.

The boys will come over for a couple hours then go home, but my daughter is to spend the night. I haven't talked with the parents yet, but I'm going to today. I already have formed an opinion now what do you think?

I think you're the one who is acting like a coy little girl.

Edited by Pope Flick

I remember a party I went to in the 8th grade with 2 other guys and about 8 girls. The parents were home and we were down in the basement. Each time the girl's mom opened the door to the basement, it made a distinct sound and we then had a good 4-5 seconds before she was at the bottom of the stairs and could see what was going on.

When I saw this question I thought about that party and immediately thought, no way in hell. But then I remembered only three of those girls were game, and the rest were having none of the making out and I'm sure if we had drugs or alcohol they would have freaked out and left. I hated them.

So it comes down to how well you know your daughter...but not knowing the parents would be a concern for me too.

I remember the days of Spin the bottle under the pool table at a buddies house with 3 guys and 5-6 girls :wacko: Ahhhh the good ole days