[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you have a nickname ?

whomper

I was talking to an old friend of mine this week and we started cracking up thinking about a story from a long time ago. We have a friend whose nickname is zeech because he owns a Pizzeria that makes great sausage and peppers sandwiches (sauzeech is slang for sausage). He hangs out with this kid that tried to parlay that into a nickname for himself and kept telling people his nickname was peppers. We abused him mercilessly for trying to give himself a nickname.

Anyone have a nickname ? Anyone have one that pretty much overtook your real name ? I dont really have one but its weird because almost all of my friends call me C.I, my initials ,instead of Chris. Anyway , what says the huddle ?

All thru HS and into my early 20's everyone, friend wise, called me re. It kinda wore off after I got married and entered the work force. Every great once in a while i run across an old HS buddy that calls me that.

Guess the reason and BJ you can't play. :wacko:

All thru HS and into my early 20's everyone, friend wise, called me re. It kinda wore off after I got married and entered the work force. Every great once in a while i run across an old HS buddy that calls me that.

:D I know, but won't tell as that would be cheating. I will confirm it's NOT your initials.

Nowdays everyone pretty much calls me by my name, which Inever answer to. Usually when people use a nickname, they call call me Cov, which are the first three letters of my last name. Around here, everyone uses Club. When I joind the Navy, everyone began calling me Trip. For the most part it is, I guess ironic, because I've got nicknames for everyone but I only had one for 4 years.

My first nickname from grammar school was "The Bird", went thru HS with that and then it Morphed into "Da Bird" for obvious reasons. Some people still use it, but as we age nicknames just fade away...like everything else. :D

My other one was "Cicero Slick" (that was my handle when I was into CB radio). In my younger days whilst in a bar, I used to have ways (Bets/tricks) to get free drinks or $$. Being from Cicero (Al Capone's escape from Chi), a rather crooked/fun/devious town, a guy at the bar said "YOU ARE SLICK!". Another guy put the CICERO in front of it and so goes the story. :wacko:

Special Ed

Last name is Tardo. Also had mellow yellow which was shortened to mellow in my 20's and 30's due to my first name being Mel and oldwolf and dom which started in my mid 30's reasons not to be disclosed. today it's usually mellow or oldwolf depending upon the people i'm with.

I've been called Perch since high school. Pretty much all of my good friends from high school call me Perch instead of my name. Nobody that didn't know me in high school calls me Perch except for people here at the Huddle. The name comes from a friend walking in on me and a girl in the boat house. We were using the boat straps as sex swing. My buddy said I had her perched up on that boat strap, and it just kind of morphed from that.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I think more people call me by nicknames, than my real name. In High School - I went to three - all in different states - I was known as "Legs," by memory and yearbook signings. It may be more that no one knew my real name than the length of my skirts.

My last name - funny by reverse spelling - was a favorite.

As I only fake coordination - but am quite the klutz - more names were created, relative to my latest bruises. One bruise looked like Texas. Seriously.

Recently, several in the Tailgate have called me a ""birther," but that was unfounded.