[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paging Irish and Cunning Runt

kpholmes

DMC missed four games, Fargas two, and Bush has played all of them.

Fargas - 117 Carries, 462 Yards, 2 TD

Bush - 85 Carries, 386 Yards, 2 TD

DMC - 72 Carries, 230 Yards, 1 TD

I was very strong with my opinion this offseason that no matter how much you all loved McFadden and Bush, and no matter how good the rest of the league thought they were, Al Davis would continue to give the rock to Fargas.

Not one person agreed with me, and moreover I received a good deal of criticism for my predictions. After Week 2 (When Fargas was still out) everyone jumped on the Bush/DMC train even more.

Fargas came back, took over the starting RB job, and you are all still left holding DMC as your #2 back, after I tried to warn you...

Gotta agree with this.

I don't think there's any chance in hell Fargas gets more carries/touches than McFadden (barring injury).

The injury skews this a little bit... so I'll let you off the hook.

But I certainly won't let this go:

Fargas is basically done now and an afterthought on this team, just as I thought he would be coming into this season. I stated in another thread that I believed that DMC would be starter and that Bush would end up playing a bigger role while Fargas would be the odd man out. You told me to go ahead and drink the kool-aid and boy am I glad that I did. I enjoy your view on the Raiders KP, as I know you're a big homer but your assessment on their backfield was way off in the preseason and continues to be IMO. Time will tell what will happen with Fargas and what role he'll play but it''ll be tough to give him anything worth while if DMC and Bush are playing well and complimenting each other nicely.

Full threads can be read here and here.

There's even a nice little snippet about BeeR cutting Mendenhall for Bush :D

Hopefully some of you have learned, when it comes to figuring out Crazy Ol' Al Davis, maybe I know what I'm talking about :wacko:

I would say you are a jerk, if not for the fact that I say the same things about the Jets.... so you must not be a jerk... or then again, maybe.... we both are! :D:D

:wacko:

I gave my educated, homer opinion this preseason and got completely bashed for it.

Hopefully no one wasted a second round pick on DMC.

Normally I can't stand people who post crap like that. I just don't get the insecurity of it all. but since you are rubbing iRash's face in something, I'm all for you it. :wacko: good job

It's perfectly legit. Helps me sort out who knows what they're talking about, especially important with an unpredictable mess like the Raiders.

Hopefully no one wasted a second round pick on DMC.

As opposed to the Raiders, who wasted a first round pick on DMC?

Sorry dude, I just could not let that one go by ... now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I dunno, what's wrong with crowing when you're right? It's FF and trash talk is part of it.

I cant wait until the first time I am right so I can try it some time

Yup, I was wrong on DMC and Fargas. But there's no doubt that DMC getting injured helped out the whole situation for Fargas. Fargas did almost nothing for the first 5 weeks of the season, not scoring more than 4.8 in any week. DMC was averaging over 10 points in the first 3 weeks and then basically missed 5 games in a row (1 of them was a bye week) and just hasn't been right since. But you're right, I missed on DMC but an injury was a HUGH part of it. But for every one I missed I can name 3 others I called right. I had Ray Rice, Miles Austin and Steve Smith ranked and projected higher than every other site on the net, including this one and hit squarely on them. You win some...you lose some and that's the way the game goes.

If Fargas beat out DMC and then outplayed him it'd be a different story but numbers are numbers and in the end Fargas has been better regardless of the reasons. So I guess I'll tip my hat to you. :wacko:

If Fargas beat out DMC and then outplayed him it'd be a different story but numbers are numbers and in the end Fargas has been better regardless of the reasons. So I guess I'll tip my hat to you. :wacko:

:D It's not nearly as pretty or poetic as when you called me crazy the first time around, but I'll take it none the less.

:wacko: It's not nearly as pretty or poetic as when you called me crazy the first time around, but I'll take it none the less.

Well had Fargas come in and beat out DMC outright, I'd be singing your praises. However, that wasn't the case, Fargas was a nobody until DMC got hurt. So really you weren't right until injuries stepped in. If it wasn't for that, DMC and Bush could still very well be the main guys splitting touches and Fargas being a nobody and you would've looked crazy and did for about 5 weeks. But hey, maybe as a homer and someone who follows the Raiders very closely, you took the educated guess knowing that DMC would get hurt at some point and that they'd have to turn to Fargas.

Well had Fargas come in and beat out DMC outright, I'd be singing your praises. However, that wasn't the case, Fargas was a nobody until DMC got hurt. So really you weren't right until injuries stepped in. If it wasn't for that, DMC and Bush could still very well be the main guys splitting touches and Fargas being a nobody and you would've looked crazy and did for about 5 weeks. But hey, maybe as a homer and someone who follows the Raiders very closely, you took the educated guess knowing that DMC would get hurt at some point and that they'd have to turn to Fargas.

Fargas had over 1,000 yards rushing and 4 scores the season BEFORE McFadden was even drafted.

Fargas had over 1,000 yards rushing and 4 scores the season BEFORE McFadden was even drafted.

Silly, I've been playing FF for probably as long as you have, I know what he did prior to this year. I was referring to what he had done this season prior to DMC's injury. :D

First of all, Fargas was not a "nobody" before DMC got hurt. He was the undersized, underrated, and not incredibly talented feature back of the Raiders for the past few seasons, averaging 3.7, 4.5 and 3.9 YPC over the past three seasons. As I so politely tried to tell you.

Fargas and DMC have both suffered injuries this season, and as a Raider homer I can tell you the possibility of one or both getting injured was definitely something I'd (and most realistic Raider fans) anticipated.

Fargas' second game back (against Houston) he took over for the injured DMC who managed to rush 6 times for -2 yards before going down.

Since coming out of the bye week (after DMC's recovery) the carry ratio has looked like this between the two:

DMC/Fargas

4/10

6/8

6/12

9/15

As I stated before, the coaching staff has not "turned" to Fargas. He has started over Michael Bush, who has been healthy all season long. And with DMC's return, Fargas has still taken the majority of the load - and DMC is completely healthy.

What it comes down to is they just don't think DMC can carry the load, let alone run inside the tackles. The entire franchise trusts Fargas with the ball, and trusts him to get the tough yards on first and second down, so he is the team's starter.

Blame injury all you want. They're both healthy now and have been for the past four weeks.

Silly, I've been playing FF for probably as long as you have, I know what he did prior to this year. I was referring to what he had done this season prior to DMC's injury. :wacko:

His first game back he was still recovering so they left him as RB3 on the depth chart, and his second game back he outperformed DMC's -2 yards.

Silly, I've been playing FF for probably as long as you have, I know what he did prior to this year. I was referring to what he had done this season prior to DMC's injury. :wacko:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason he didn't do anything before DMC's injury is because he was hurt himself.

My problem with Fargas before the season was the fact that he could never stay healthy enough to do anything. Obviously If McFadden didn't get hurt again he would of kept his starting position for the season and Fargas might of had only a chance to move up to the #2. That being said so far Fargas has shown this season he can stay semi healthy and show just enough production to keep his starting spot. But if I had a choice between the two for next season I would go McFadden for sure!

You guys are looking at this all the wrong way, the correct answer is: you could not trust ANY Raider this year. KP talked about this in the earlier threads this year so I give him partial credit but he still sorta advocated a Raider player...... yuck!

Honestly how could anyone see any Raider being any sort of a fantasy option at the start of the year is beyond me. Horrible O-line, two very raw rookies starting at WR, Cable is fighting with his coaches in mid August, Al is giving crazy a bad name, and to top it all off JAMARCUS RUSSELL!!!!!!!

Really, if you took any Raider, you deserve the lesson that comes with it.