[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

white death

tonorator

You need to put on your striped pants and save the day...or are those only good for Bengals wins?

:wacko:

timmy is referring to my striped bengal pants now featured on my facebook page. in them, my beloved bengals are 2-0. sure, i'm not getting any sex, but life is full of tradeoffs, isn't it?

it's amazing how a little snow causes such a cluster. i didn't think the roads were that bad today. we had people bringing their cars in today with bent wheels & such. i can't wait to see what happens when we actually get some "real" snow.

I lived in Cincinnati for 15 months. October 1996 to December 1997. South Dakota had feet of snow and arctic teams. Cincinnati had like three close calls and 2 full inches of snow and never got below zero. Best year to be gone. On one of the close calls I was coming back from the gym and thought poopy, I am out of bread. Swung by Kroger and they were out, yes out of bread. It was like you were not going to get to the store in weeks. The shelves were visibly empty in spots. As I left and pulled back on the road three salt trucks were spreading salt like mad. Not a drop of rain or flake of snow fell. It was quite funny actually.

we gotta half inch of show overnight on the roads. the city is gridlocked and people are losing their minds ...

:wacko::D:D

I used to live in Cincy and can relate. Here in Central Oregon we got a foot of snow yesterday. No snow crews on a Sun. due to budget cuts. I drove 20 miles on unplowed/untreated roads and no problems. Everyone here has front wheel drive and studs, or AWD and siped snow tires, so we get around fine. Some drive around in AWD and studs. Even when the road are taken care of we don't use salt so it gets really icy. They won't plow unless there is 6 inches of snow. With the constant freeze/thaw around here black ice is what you got to watch out for. The idiots with bald tires or rear wheel drive you gotta watch out for. They are usually the flatlanders from Portland and Seattle here visiting.

Actually that is the big reason I left Cincy. Winters are mostly sleet and freezing rain.

Yeah, you go an hour north to Dayton or the Columbus area and its a hugh difference. All that freezing rain becomes real snow and sticks around a while.

An hour south to Lexington and Louisville and you get a lot of ice but little snow.

• 5 weeks later...
About an inch of snow is expected here. Everything is shutting down because of that. :wacko:

We have 30 inches so far this winter, 20 or so last weekend and another 20 or so expected starting today. The issued a Lake Effect Snow Warning until Saturday morning at 10am. Unless we get 8-10 inches overnight, the kids will still have school. Funny how different areas react.