[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings / Saints

Outshined

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against either of these teams, In fact I'm rooting for the winner to win it all. But I always root for te team that has never won one. But neither of these teams has ever won one. The Saints have never ever been in one which is the only reason I'm rooting for "Who Dat"!

ETA: Not exactly true. I'd really like to see the Saints win it all for the city of NEW ORLEANS.

Edited by jaxfactor

Just curious as to how the Vikings are a team of destiny, but the Saints/Jets/Colts are not?

Mainly because Favre winning the SB would be an unprecedented event. Katrina was too long ago for the Aints to draw relevance from that. And the only claim of detiny that Jets are clinging to is a mediocre team making/winning the SB and that's happened plenty of times. As annoying as Favre's story has become, it's an amazing story, especially considering the physicality of the sport.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...s-with-vikings/

Harvin practices with Vikings

Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2010 10:14 PM ET

The good news regarding Vikings receiver Percy Harvin has gotten a little better.

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, Harvin participated in the Vikings' final meetings and practice session prior to Sunday night's game against the Saints.

Barring a relapse of his migraine symptoms, Harvin most likely will play. :wacko:

Mainly because Favre winning the SB would be an unprecedented event. Katrina was too long ago for the Aints to draw relevance from that. And the only claim of detiny that Jets are clinging to is a mediocre team making/winning the SB and that's happened plenty of times. As annoying as Favre's story has become, it's an amazing story, especially considering the physicality of the sport.

The Saints winning the Superbowl wouldn't be an unprecedented event? :wacko:

And saying that Katrina was too long ago is rather insulting to those who lived through it. I know you meant it more in football terms though, so no biggie. To be honest, I think the only people still talking about Katrina are the national media. It's more about winning one for the city in general & for their incredibly devoted fans who have stuck with them even during the hardest of times.

Vikes take this one and it's not even close. Oh it is on paper but a hunch. And I know NO is a great team but Bush had his "big day" and odds of another anywhere near that right after it are small...and Brees is not exactly used to facing the kind of pressure he's going to face, and the RBs aren't good enough to keep the MIN D from coming at Brees a lot.

This is strike three.

#1. Brett Favre

#2. Brett Favre singing Pants on the Ground

#3. Brett Favre ripping off my idea for Victory Pants.

NEW ORLEANS GETS THE VICTORY PANTS TODAY!!!!! :wacko::D:D

So, bye-by, to the Mystical Pants

Drove my chevy to the levee

But the levee was dry

And them Purple good old boys were carving up Brees and his toys

Singin' this'll be the day the Mystical Pants die

This'll be the day the Mystical Pants die

Going to be a long day waiting

Best of luck NOLA - To the Saints and Vikes and a game like no other :wacko:

Good luck to the Vikings fans as well. This city is alive with anticipation. Everyone has their Saints gear on already and businesses are closing early today so the employees can get home in time to watch the game. Just short of 7 hours to kick off. I can't wait!

The Vikes are the clear underdog here. I expect the Saints to win. I also expected the Cowboys to win a tough game last week. It's a Vikings' fan's nature to fear the other shoe dropping.

That said, it would be awesome for them to prove me wrong. And if they don't, I'll be rooting for New Orleans in the big one. (Though I like Peyton and the Colts too, but they've gotten their rings already.)

Too young to remember any of the Vikings' SB's (last one was in 1977 and I was born in June of '75), so here is a brief summary of what I've seen in championship games:

1988 - My family had literally just moved in to a new house (Paynesville, MN), and the only TV hooked up was in my parents bedroom. I distinctly remember sitting on the edge of their bed with my two brothers, eyes glued to the screen, as the Redskins took a 17-10 lead, on a Doug Williams pass to Gary Clark, with just a few minutes to play. The Vikings marched down the field and were prepared to answer. However, the offense stalled a bit... it was 4th down from the WAS 6 yard line, with under one minute to go. Wade Wilson throws to Darren Nelson in the end zone... who drops the ball!! Game over. Washington goes on to win the SB 42-10 over Denver, and Williams throws four TD's and earns MVP. For what it's worth, Minnesota's playoff run that season started with a 44-10 win over the Saints, and they went on to upset the heavily favored #1-seeded 49ers 36-24 before facing the Skins.

1999 - Not much to say about this one. Highest-scoring offense in NFL history. Kicker Gary Anderson hadn't missed a FG all season. I lived in St. Paul, MN at the time, and watched the game with some friends at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. After the collapse, I walked outside and threw up in the parking lot, totally disgusted by what had just happened.

2001 - Another bye for Minnesota, followed by another beat-down of the Saints to start their playoff run, 34-16. I was in South Florida this time, and my two buddies and I were recovering from a very late night in Key West the night before. We saddled up to a bar in Key Largo to watch the game, all of us too hung over to even think about drinking. Needless to say, by the third quarter, we all had beers/drinks in hand. The final was 41-0 Giants.

I guess what I'm saying is, although I would love to see the Vikings get to the SB, I'm not counting on it. Even if they were favored in this game, or if it was being played at home, past results would cause me to be extremely hesitant in getting my hopes up. I don't expect them to win, so if they do, it's a plus. Doesn't mean I'm any less interested, or the butterflies are churning any less than the other three times. I'll be sitting at home, on my couch, this time. No distractions. Probably on the edge of my seat, once again, for the full 60 minutes. Should be a great game. :wacko:

The Vikes are the clear underdog here. I expect the Saints to win. I also expected the Cowboys to win a tough game last week. It's a Vikings' fan's nature to fear the other shoe dropping.

That said, it would be awesome for them to prove me wrong. And if they don't, I'll be rooting for New Orleans in the big one. (Though I like Peyton and the Colts too, but they've gotten their rings already.)

ring

fixed.