[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ice Removal for Winter Rookies

Lady.hawke

I have spent an hour trying to figure out how the "quote" function on this site works so I can reply to the last three posts.

Can someone explain how it works without having to edit entire messages? This is so frustrating. I have so little time and want to answer specific points that are all related.

Edited by Lady.hawke

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent an hour trying to figure out how the "quote" function on this site works so I can reply to the last three posts.

Can someone explain how it works without having to edit entire messages? This is so frustrating. I have so little time and want to answer specific points that are all related.

hit "quote" for every one you want to quote (though i believe there is a limit), then hit "add reply."

I'm so glad I don't have to listen to Rush/Beck/Oreilly/Medved anymore to get the "daily scoop" of conservative gossip. I just wait for a few links to hit the tailgate. Maybe you guys are looking for an actual political forum? Let me help you out with that. Here you go.

I'm so glad I don't have to listen to Rush/Beck/Oreilly/Medved anymore to get the "daily scoop" of conservative gossip. I just wait for a few links to hit the tailgate. Maybe you guys are looking for an actual political forum? Let me help you out with that. Here you go.

:wacko: that is great

psssssst: huddle programers get foreign aid

I'm sorry. I don't get it. my question was what does his sealing of college records have to do with eligibility to be president. you answer that you think he got foreign aid, THUS making him a foreigner. My french grandfather payed fo my college, that does not change my eligibility does it? (actually, I am not eligible anyway, being born in France, and until they pass the Schwarzeneger clause I must put my dream on hold). The ONLY way that statement makes any sense is if Indonesia or Kenya pays for scholarships of it's own nationals, and only it's own nationals, and Obama qualified. Is that what you are claiming? because otherwise as far as I can tell obama could have turned tricks in Jakarta, and had a sugar daddy pay for his college that would NOT make him ineligible for the presidency (listed below as per wikipedia)

And if you are such a staunch defender of American sovereignty shouldn't you be a LOT more concerned about what all the republican nominated judges just passed. Ie allowing foreign corporations to fund American politicians? That seems to me a lot more tangible, immediate, and terrifying than this very barely plausible scenario that you elicit.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:

be a natural born citizen of the United States;[7]

be at least thirty-five years old;

have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

A person who meets the above qualifications is still disqualified from holding the office of president under any of the following conditions:

Under the Twenty-second Amendment, no eligible person can be elected president more than twice. The Twenty-second Amendment also specifies that if any eligible person who serves as president or acting president for more than two years of a term for which some other eligible person was elected president, then the former can only be elected president once. Scholars disagree whether anyone no longer eligible to be elected president could be elected vice president, pursuant to the qualifications set out under the Twelfth Amendment.[8]

Under Article I, Section 3, Clause 7, the Senate has the option, upon conviction, of disqualifying convicted individuals from holding other federal offices, including the Presidency.[9]

Under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Constitution prohibits an otherwise eligible person from becoming president if that person swore an oath to support the Constitution, and later rebelled against the United States. However, the Congress, by a two-thirds vote of each house, can remove the disqualification.

I'm sorry. I don't get it. my question was what does his sealing of college records have to do with eligibility to be president. you answer that you think he got foreign aid, THUS making him a foreigner.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution sets the principal qualifications one must meet to be eligible to the office of president. A president must:

be a natural born citizen of the United States;[7]

Should you care to do a bit of research - you will find that the founding fathers had a specific definition for "natural born citizen." Admittedly, the Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on this, because they have not had to do so in terms of the President of the United States. However, they have given some hints that seem to agree with the Founding Fathers - who took much from Vattel's, "The Law of Nations." Vattel defined a natural born citizen as one born on the land of two citizen parents. I could cite Supreme Court cases that have upheld this opinion - but I have already done so on other threads.

So, if Obama had his college records sealed because he received foreign aid as a foreign student, that would instantly disqualify him to be the President.

If this is as you say, I would also have a great deal of anger toward the Republican party for allowing this travesty of justice. I will assume that Repub Senators and Congressmen (at least some of them) have the same information that you have and yet for reasons of their own, decided not to act upon it.

I find it very surprising, given how politics operate, that the Republican party simply turned a blind eye to the democrats nominating a foreigner to the highest office in the United States. Any insight on why the Repubs were not screaming from the rafters about this rather than meekly letting the constitution be used as toilet paper?

Easy. McCain was likewise constitutionally ineligible, as is Bobby Jindal, the new darling of the Republican Party.

Once again, if i understand you correctly, your argument can ONLY be that Obama received college aid by another country for a scholarship reserved for foreign citizens. Because, as I said earlier, even if Obama's college was paid for by Osama Bin Laden that does not, in any way disqualify him from the office. Any other claim would be good fodder in an election but not constitutionally forbidden.

Reagan was elected because he was an affable actor, the bushes were elected because they had awesome family connection, as was JFK. These things do not make them ineligible. It just shows that we have a weird electorate. These are moot points in terms of their eligibility.

your mixing in your dislike for Obama, and that weird sentence that if he "got foreign aid, making him a foreigner" are clouding your argument.

So, do you beleive, as is your only leg to stand on, that Obama got foreign aid for college as an Indonesian or kenyan?

You are just wrong. Please consider what you are advocating, whether Osama Bin Laden paid for Obama's education or not. Obama has admitted that his father was Kenyan - ruled by Great Britain at his birth. You may recall that we fought a bloody war to free us from rule by Great Britain. Perhaps I could suggest a few history books for you to read and prove that indeed happened?

Do you seriously believe that The Constitution allows anyone born her to be President? Even the Founding Fathers realized that they needed a clause to exempt themselves, as they were not born here:

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

Please consider what The Constitution prevents, and what you seem to be advocating. If Obama is eligible to be President, so would be the spawn of Osama Bin Laden born of an American woman in New York City. I am not alone in thinking that our founding document protects us from that.

hit "quote" for every one you want to quote (though i believe there is a limit), then hit "add reply."

Hi Bier,

Thank you for trying to explain. I could not figure out how to quote a sentence from a post and just reply to that - so I did it the long way.

You are just wrong. Please consider what you are advocating, whether Osama Bin Laden paid for Obama's education or not. Obama has admitted that his father was Kenyan - ruled by Great Britain at his birth. You may recall that we fought a bloody war to free us from rule by Great Britain. Perhaps I could suggest a few history books for you to read and prove that indeed happened?

Do you seriously believe that The Constitution allows anyone born her to be President? Even the Founding Fathers realized that they needed a clause to exempt themselves, as they were not born here:

"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States."

Please consider what The Constitution prevents, and what you seem to be advocating. If Obama is eligible to be President, so would be the spawn of Osama Bin Laden born of an American woman in New York City. I am not alone in thinking that our founding document protects us from that.

WOW. You really can not read at all can you. You have completely bipassedmy comments, thoughts, or even link just to come back to "but his father is kenyan" argument. WHich I get, thank you very much. Because I DID read your comments. All tenthousand of them making the same point over and over. That is why I asked you how does the college thing tie in. Which you completely ignored. Speaking of ignoring I think I will now do the same to you. I will leave you with these thoughts though:

1) Getting foreign aid for something does not make you foreign. Nor does it make you ineligble for the presidency, read the cut and paste from the constitution that I did for you. SHOW me where it makes you ineligible/

2) the sins of our forefathers are not visited upon us. If Stalin's son became a US citizen, and Hitler's daughter became a US citizen, if they had a baby born in the US that baby could run for office.

3) IF a person is considered eligible to run for president, said person could have Osama Bin Laden pay for their college, it would not make them ineligible, said person could be photographed sucking on Osama Bin Laden and as long as it did not result in a conviction that could bar him from public office, he would be eligible. `

4° you never did respond to that link on snopes regarding the foreign funding of Obama's college tuition internet rumour

I UNDERSTAND your point that you think that Obama is ineliglible to run for pres because of his dad's nationality. In making that argument just in the last few posts you have said stuff that is irresponsible, insulting, and just plain wrong. And I suggest you look up the meaning of the word advocating

The birthers just need to stop. Do I have my doubts sure, I do. How hard is it to produce your birth certificate. I have an original in a safe deposit, a copy at my office, and a copy at my house. I would imagine 99% of us could produce our birth certificate with in one week if we had to. So yeah, I have some doubts. I question if Obama was truly eligible to hold the office, unfortunately the complicit media did the most minimal investigation into the background of a presidential candidate that I can ever recall, and possibly ever. Still none of that matters. Like it or not the man is The President of The United States. Nothing is going to change that, and I doubt even his most ardent detractors really want to see what would happen he was some how legally removed form office. I think it would cause an insurmountable fracture in our country. People need to drop this crap. Argue about his policy initiatives, the people he has brought with him to Washington, but let the question of his birth die. No good can come from it, and it just takes time and energy away from talking about objections or support you might have for individual policies.

The birthers just need to stop. Do I have my doubts sure, I do. How hard is it to produce your birth certificate. I have an original in a safe deposit, a copy at my office, and a copy at my house. I would imagine 99% of us could produce our birth certificate with in one week if we had to. So yeah, I have some doubts. I question if Obama was truly eligible to hold the office, unfortunately the complicit media did the most minimal investigation into the background of a presidential candidate that I can ever recall, and possibly ever. Still none of that matters. Like it or not the man is The President of The United States. Nothing is going to change that, and I doubt even his most ardent detractors really want to see what would happen he was some how legally removed form office. I think it would cause an insurmountable fracture in our country. People need to drop this crap. Argue about his policy initiatives, the people he has brought with him to Washington, but let the question of his birth die. No good can come from it, and it just takes time and energy away from talking about objections or support you might have for individual policies.

I find it hard to believe that no one confirmed his eligibility.

He has. And despite the fact the you might have your original, they do get lost all the time. Given his family's background of moving out of country when it certainly wasn't the norm it isn't that hard to fathom.

You can ALWAYS call the Sec of State of Hawaii and they'll confirm it all. There's also the birth announcements in the paper from that time if you choose to ignore the facts of the official documents already produced. If you doubt any of that - like you say you do - then like it or not you are a birther as well which is really no surprise: just like if you suspect the earth might be flat contrary to all evidence makes you a flat earther.

He has. And despite the fact the you might have your original, they do get lost all the time. Given his family's background of moving out of country when it certainly wasn't the norm it isn't that hard to fathom.

You can ALWAYS call the Sec of State of Hawaii and they'll confirm it all. There's also the birth announcements in the paper from that time if you choose to ignore the facts of the official documents already produced. If you doubt any of that - like you say you do - then like it or not you are a birther as well which is really no surprise: just like if you suspect the earth might be flat contrary to all evidence makes you a flat earther.

Whatever dude, I was just trying to say it doesn't matter at this point. Leave it to you to look a gift horse in the mouth.