[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

state of the union thread

dmarc117

DJ,

You will find that most conservatives, even most christian conservatives of which I consider myself, well be all to glad when the good Lord takes Robertson, and were probably happier then most liberals when Falwell died. These guys are the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's of the Republican party, the only difference being most Republicans don't campaign with these guys.

I can buy into that, but feel that they are catered to as much by the right as Sharpton and Jackson are to the left (not very much on either side - but its there).

I posted the quote to illustrate what I feel McCain's problem is. In this last run, he spoke at that dbags college.

If people want to how far McCain was willing to sell out - all they need do is google McCain and Rod Parsley. I was first introduced to Parsley when watching a public access channel in the outter banks. He was ahealin' and when people really needed healin' he bouced about had a little call and response with his drum section and used.... 'the breaker'

Edited by Duchess Jack

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ,

You will find that most conservatives, even most christian conservatives of which I consider myself, well be all to glad when the good Lord takes Robertson, and were probably happier then most liberals when Falwell died. These guys are the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's of the Republican party, the only difference being most Republicans don't campaign with these guys.

I'm sure you're right and your last point raises a question. Well, aside from the fact that I'm not sure "most" dems campaign with Sharpton and Jackson. I would imagine that even those dems who do would prefer not to but are convinced they have to. Could it simply come down to the fact that the whack-jobs who are down with Robertson and Co. are more likely to vote than those who follow Sharpton? Thus, a GOP candidate can assume that he's got their vote even if he doesn't pander to them. Knowing 1) they're going to vote and 2) they're certainly not going to vote left. On the other hand, the only thing a democratic candidate can take to the bank is that those who follow Sharpton aren't going to vote for the GOP. However, that doesn't mean much if they don't vote at all.

Mind you, this is nothing to be proud of but a votes a vote.

As an aside, I think it's a good idea for law enforcement to be able to immediately kill foreign terrorists. Everyone knows that our government would never, ever abuse this kind of power.

And there's the ultimate irony in the right's thinking.........

You mean the poor shlubs who barely make 12k a year? The few we have left are taking a 10% pay cut more or less.

Thank God for that 800 billion dollar stimulus!

We had to raise money at our school to keep the music teacher's job. The community rallied like champs.

Not likely to happen in our community if you know what I mean.

No, I don't. Our kids go to a public school that is over 50% Hispanic; many in the lower socioeconomic end of the spectrum. The classes are taught in Spanish. It was a lottery school, so most of the parents are very involved. But that's not to say they have any loose cash. If our school can do it, any school can.

No, I don't. Our kids go to a public school that is over 50% Hispanic; many in the lower socioeconomic end of the spectrum. The classes are taught in Spanish. It was a lottery school, so most of the parents are very involved. But that's not to say they have any loose cash. If our school can do it, any school can.

It does mean your parents are more involved than most, which means they are more likely to place a value on their kid's education.