[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My old man finally went for a colonoscopy

budlitebrad

They removed a few polyps, but the doctor saw a large tumor that would need surgery. No idea if it's cancerous yet, but it was biopsied and he's going in for a CT scan/blood work this week. I'm still fairly calm about it, but ma was visibly upset.

He's in his mid 50s. No serious health issues or symptoms prior to this, but he is pretty overweight. Based on his diet, I'm not completely surprised. Mine is no better, so I plan to go in for one as soon as I hit 30, especially with the family history now.

Anyone have any experience with this?

yikes.

close, as my mother had rectal cancer.

Same as Farah? That has to be nasty. :wacko:

I had the polyp thingee, but no big deal then. Yeah I'm overdue but my plate is full.

Ask our resident Doc, but I read if you have to get cancer, your intestines are the best place to get it cause it takes awhile for it to get out of the colon and it's "sealed" unlike the kidneys, liver, stomach, lungs etc..

Hopefully they caught it early. My best to you and your dad BLB! Keep the faith and I hope and pray all will go well. :D

Keep him close. Do whatever you need to do.

Peace

rr26

Hoping for the best for you, your dad and mom, Brad. You'll be in my prayers.

Good news. :wacko:

Preliminary reports from the doc are saying that it's likely not malignant. Hopefully they'll confirm it soon.

He's not out of the woods yet, as he still has to go under the knife, but it is a hugh sigh of relief.

Thanks guys, for all the kind words.

Edited by budlitebrad

Preliminary reports from the doc are saying that it's likely not malignant. Hopefully they'll confirm it soon.

He's not out of the woods yet, as he still has to go under the knife, but it is a hugh sigh of relief.

Great news! :D

Great news! I'll keep praying for him .

Awesome news, Brad!! Like you said it's not the complete sigh of relief just yet but it's hugh and puts the rest of the relief just around the corner in the on deck circle.