[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giving Birth

Brentastic

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although on rare occasions I have induced a patient for a social indication (husband being deployed, etc.), in general I'm not in favor of induction for non-medical reasons because of the higher incidence of complications and cesarean section with inductions. Inductions can also take a long time (i.e. days) and patients get very frustrated.

As much as obstetricians would like to think we do labor better than nature, we don't. Those who play, will sometimes pay.

:wacko::D:D:D:D:D:bash::bash::bash::bash:

Let it happen. Pitocin to speed it up, Epidural for pain, Eip slows progress, OBs get itchy, hospital wants you out of there, more Pitocin, more Epi, then "emergency" c-section. Happened to my wife and me three times, despite us being absolutely dead set against it three times. Last time it came to us screaming and waving our OB-signed birth plan in the face of her colleague (holiday weekend, only one from the practice on duty), and they wouldn't do anything but juice her up and cut her up without us signing an AMA.

If it's important to you and your wife that it be natural, it should be natural, because one intervention starts the parade.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

FWIW, I agree Brent. The only thing is that ancient superstitions have nothing to do with anything here. Simply put, the less we frak with something the better off it is likely to be.

That's basically my approach too. It's natural and important to me to have an open mind about things. I was also raised catholic and spent 8 years in catholic grade school.

As far as where you can go online, I don't really trust online sources, especially if they're free (I've never paid for online material either). I had a guy here at work run my birth date through a program he had and that was pretty good. But then I started seeing an astrologist quarterly about 2 years ago. My aunt sent me to her astrologist after seeing my interest in the subject and I think that's the only true way to get good use out of it. Obviously by now you know your personality, strengths and weaknesses etc... and that's all you would get from online sources, but what it provides for me is a road map of clarity. Knowing which days are exceptionally good for me and which are not based on how the planets are aligned. It's basically another tool for maximizing your life. I won't sign any contracts on bad days etc.... My aunt, who is nearly a billionaire, told me there's an inside saying amongst the very rich and it's something like this "millionaires don't use astrologers, billionaires do". And she literally runs her business based on her astrological chart. It's not for everyone, obviously but I've seen the results for her and myself and it works for me.

I thought they used Elliot Wave charts? :wacko:

No chit, I put my stats into this site and it describes me so thoroughly that it's downright eerie.

I had an International Management class in college and the professor had all of us send our information in to one of those places that does readings. When we got them back, he told us to read them and not show anyone. He then asked if what was written sounded like us, to which we all said yes. He then had us pass our reading to the person next to us...they were identical. :wacko:

I had an International Management class in college and the professor had all of us send our information in to one of those places that does readings. When we got them back, he told us to read them and not show anyone. He then asked if what was written sounded like us, to which we all said yes. He then had us pass our reading to the person next to us...they were identical. :wacko:

wow, what a coincidence all of you were brought together by fate to be in that very room at that very moment. kinda like LOST. chit, and people say there's no proof. :D

That's why free online sources aren't useful. They generalize information too much. There's something to astrology if you're willing to give it a chance.

Not sure if karmic is the right term. Basically, the moment your born (to the minute) is a specific point in time - and however the planets are aligned at that exact moment define a lot about your personality, strengths, weaknesses and karmic path etc... I don't want to mess with that sort of thing, knowing potentially if my actions alter that moment by a day or a week, could have profound effects on the outcome of my child's life. I italicized potentially because I'm not sure what effects if any could be had - but I don't want to risk it.

On quite a roller coaster ride with this dude named Brent...

Started with having to read posts where he was "singing" Bears fight song - thought dude was whacked

Was reading his posts about the Student Loans and Govt taking it over - he came back to being normal

Reading posts on stockmarket going to 1000 - back to whacked

Read the above Karmic thing and is stuck on whacked again.

Interested to see what is next. :wacko:

Started with having to read posts where he was "singing" Bears fight song - thought dude was whacked

Was reading his posts about the Student Loans and Govt taking it over - he came back to being normal

Keep it up and he'll pop you in yer fackin' grill, buddycat!

None of what I said was meant to be mean or bad - I think I would like to have a beer with the dude but would be very nervous at what the conversation would lead to. :D

Like WV said, it would lead to a grill poppin'. :wacko:

LOL - many of my friends call me 'lefty' because in their words: "you ain't right". I guess you could say I'm a little eccentric.